PDA

View Full Version : So apparently some games were released this week

wenshu
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyone playing?

I got Max Payne 3 for xbox 360 and my lawd is it gory. In a totally awesome way. I'm playing it on hard and I'm dying at least three times before every check point. I suck at video games but it's nice to have this kind of challenge combined with pitch perfect game mechanics and controls.

I'll probably wait until Blizzard's servers stop melting before I give myself carpal tunnel and postural kyphosis playing Diablo 3.

Hebrew Hammer
05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Not much of a gamer, don't own a console but was a HUGE Diablo 2 addict a few years back. Like you gonna wait till the feeding frenzy is over then get it, I tried to play the Beta but it said my graphics card wasn't good enough...not so sure about that, computer is relatively new. Gonna have to investigate further.

David Jamieson
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Last month, I painted 5 paintings!

they look great.

:p

Lucas
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
i got diablo3 :) the servers are pretty stable now. if you liked d2 you'll probably like d3 very similar feel to the game play.

other than that ive been having fun playing saints row the third, not new but new to me, and loads of fun.

David Jamieson
05-17-2012, 10:52 AM
i got diablo3 :) the servers are pretty stable now. if you liked d2 you'll probably like d3 very similar feel to the game play.

other than that ive been having fun playing saints row the third, not new but new to me, and loads of fun.

Is it all Top down view? Like old baldurs gate or nwn?

Because.... I can't stand that!!! But would lie the story of Diablo. I saw screen shots of it and thought, "geez, that looks like it's hot out of 2002 or something"

The shots of "alot" look like old WoW screens.

please tell me it's better than that.

Hebrew Hammer
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Lucas, did you have any problem uploading the game? Any driver or vid card issues?

Hebrew Hammer
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Last month, I painted 5 paintings!

they look great.

:p

You're such a good boy...finger painting is harder than it looks.

Lucas
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
its fixed top view ya, but of course with a 3d rendering so it adjusts the enviroment slightly as you go around. there is a 'zoom' feature but its really just to see what you look like. its more of a 'casual' type of game, as you can play with one hand if you want.

i just like playing the hardcore mode cuz its fun. you get 1 life only and if you die, your character and everything you collected is gone forever. demz da stakes

Lucas
05-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Lucas, did you have any problem uploading the game? Any driver or vid card issues?

not one problem at all. and im still using an old nvidia 8500 and it runs fine. quad core with 4 gigs of ram and the game has no issues.

i think they got their server issues mostly solved. i purchased the digital version.

Lucas
05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
maybe you just need to remove old and install new driver updates?

Lucas
05-17-2012, 11:16 AM
i think one of the reasons they kept the game fixed enviroment is to account for the times when there are dozens upon dozens of demons and monsters on the screen at one time dying in a frenzied fashion. not to mention yourself and any friends animations that are with you.. tons of animations happening simultaneously, the majority of the population dont have computers that could run something like that in a full 3d game without freezing and lagging up.

my complaint is how bad they dumbed down the skill development.

Hebrew Hammer
05-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I went to NVIDIA and uploaded new drivers...I'll try the digital download sometime next month and see where it gets me. I only have dual core cpu, not sure which model Vid card I have.

Lucas
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
i'll see if i can get a guest account to send. i know the hard copy version came with a few but i cant seem to find one for digital buyers so far.

wenshu
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
my complaint is how bad they dumbed down the skill development.

When they did that in the beta I kind of freaked out. That and the fact that you couldn't change the keyboard and mouse bindings for skills! (I understand there is an option for this in the full game, Elective Mode or something)

From what I've read on neogaf though the runes work with the current skill system to actually give a lot more variability in final builds than you would initially assume.

What class(es) are you using so far?

Lucas
05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Ya it seems like at the end of the game there will be some good variance. you get 6 skills to actively use too which beats d2.

I made the monk of course :D

I like to play the hardcore mode where you cannot die.

Syn7
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM
its fixed top view ya, but of course with a 3d rendering so it adjusts the enviroment slightly as you go around. there is a 'zoom' feature but its really just to see what you look like. its more of a 'casual' type of game, as you can play with one hand if you want.

i just like playing the hardcore mode cuz its fun. you get 1 life only and if you die, your character and everything you collected is gone forever. demz da stakes

Thats better, I don't like any game with unlimited lives and you start where you died. I never understood that. Talk about your false sense of security;)

bawang
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
i play mount and blade. it is a medieval combat simulator. it allows me to hone the skills of fighting without fighting. i become ultimate warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbldZmfmYIk

MANY HONOR

wenshu
05-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Thats better, I don't like any game with unlimited lives and you start where you died. I never understood that. Talk about your false sense of security;)

You might like this.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/thank-you-for-the-dayz-part-zero/

Lucas
05-21-2012, 11:00 AM
You might like this.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/thank-you-for-the-dayz-part-zero/

that seems neat. i wish there was an actual zombie apoc game that was like that one life one try kinda game.

im looking forward to grand theft auto 5 and borderlands 2

wenshu
05-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Lucas, beat Inferno yet? . . .

I broke down and got it this weekend. Just started Act IV. Don't have the nerve for a HC character yet.

The monk is a lot of fun to play, a little over powered maybe.

Lucas
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
nope once i hit lvl 10 in reg mode i made a hc and havnt looked back haha. i probably will make a reg one if i die, but i dont plan on it!!!! i just got to act 4 this weekend, and am level 32. i think the leveling is a bit slower on hc as people play it safer and re do stuff

if you do make a hardcore i would say that monk is probably the safest. thats what i'm playing with and ive seen a good amount of people die already. its a little sad once u get to that level but its also kind of funny.

there have been a few really close calls where i almost die, and it really gets my adrenaline going, its nuts. like when i accidentally entered the gateway at the beginning of act IV and had to fight that guy with all those demons i was like 'oh crap what did i get myself into' but i bucked up and whooped that demons ass.

when you do make a hc one let me know dude i'll kick it with you...or if i die i'll start playing my regular one haha.

im scared to face diablo....the prime evil.

Lucas
05-21-2012, 12:16 PM
oh ya, hardcore mode...your best friend is Alt+F4 if the server lags or freezes at the wrong time. i swear its saved my life 2 times already