PDA

View Full Version : stretching prob.

iri
08-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Hey there guys, I have this problem and have had it for a while now. I need to find a good stretching routine to get into. I have tried all different ways but none seem to work all that well. I am flexible but it takes me a long time to warm up for some reason. I have to spend what seems like 30 min on just stretching. The other problem is that I always get to that plateu where I can almost do a complete split but not quite and then I just stay at that point and do not improve. I appreciate any help.
Peace,0ptikal :cool:

Brian_CA
08-24-2001, 12:44 AM
When you stretch, try to puck postures that really warm up the body. lateral stretching, Backbends, coupled with forward bends done correctly could do this for you.

I would suggest going to a hatha yoga school in your area and take their into offer. Learn what the have to say about sequencing of postures. Also, ask questions, lots of them. Most Yogis and Yoginis love to talk about yoga and are not shy about conversation.

As for your full splits, only time, patience and consistant correct practice will solve that dillema for you.