PDA

View Full Version : The Mind of the Way of the Dragon's Warrior

katana_jitsu
05-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of making a biopic about my life. The basic story will be about an incredibly skilled warrior who fights against injustice.

Does anyone know how I can get funding to film it?

It will be written and directed by me, and I will star in it too.

Thanks

doug maverick
05-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Well ive been working in the film industry professionally for 10 years, and ill give you my opinion you can take it or leave it.

getting films financed now are easier then they use to be with the advent of crowd sourcing.

indiagogo.com

and kickstarter.com

are two crowd funding sites that can help you fund your film...but before you even do that..you should have your script in place, be realistic in terms of your budget, you are not going to be making a 50 million dollar film, plan out your story have a beginning a middle and end. know where your story is going.

after you have your script done, have people who trust read it, and give constructive criticism.

now i dont know what your level of experience is but if you have never directed before or have no experience in the film industry, dont direct, get someone else, same thing with acting, if you never acted before get someone else. you want to have the best possible project, so you need to take your ego out of the situation. most actors who direct and star in a project also have a whole team behind them and time to really work on the project, you are making an indie film so you wont have the time. to direct and star in a film, directing a movie is an indescribable hard and super stressful task, there is a reason why directors only do 1 film a year and some 1 and every 3-5 years...its stressful and painful.

so think realistically in terms of your project. good luck.