PDA

View Full Version : A data point of 1850 Wing Chun Kuen

Hendrik
06-02-2012, 06:42 PM
For anyone who is searching how WCK in 1850 is very likely to be. A snap short summary of 1850 WCK is actually right in front of our eyes today. and that is the Yik Kam WCK salutation. This salutation of Cho family WCK has been practiced since the Red Boat uprising 1850 , with very little variation until today. This is because Salutation of a family is an ancestor deal where the descendent practice with care, thus, even after 150 years the variation and distortion is minimum. Not to mention the salutation is the most practice movements by all the descendent in every generation, thus, statistically, we know this piece of trace able data is very reliable. That is a very good preservation environment beside the Youtube video clip today.

Within this salutation, we know WCK is a two hands arts with square facing (180 degree facing Cheng san) , angle facing ( 135 degree facing pien san) and side facing (90 degree facing Juk San), among with different momentum, tools, and tacting...etc. Thus, 1850 is not that far away.

k gledhill
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM
For anyone who is searching how WCK in 1850 is very likely to be. A snap short summary of 1850 WCK is actually right in front of our eyes today. and that is the Yik Kam WCK salutation. This salutation of Cho family WCK has been practiced since the Red Boat uprising 1850 , with very little variation until today. This is because Salutation of a family is an ancestor deal where the descendent practice with care, thus, even after 150 years the variation and distortion is minimum. Not to mention the salutation is the most practice movements by all the descendent in every generation, thus, statistically, we know this piece of trace able data is very reliable. That is a very good preservation environment beside the Youtube video clip today.

Within this salutation, we know WCK is a two hands arts with square facing (180 degree facing Cheng san) , angle facing ( 135 degree facing pien san) and side facing (90 degree facing Juk San), among with different momentum, tools, and tacting...etc. Thus, 1850 is not that far away.

Can you post the salutation clip ?

k gledhill
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Is the salutation @ 2:28 ? btw the guy in white jacket preceding this 2;28 has some dynamics :D

http://youtu.be/8S_qHxOXlvQ

Hendrik
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Is the salutation @ 2:28 ? btw the guy in white jacket preceding this 2;28 has some dynamics :D

http://youtu.be/8S_qHxOXlvQ

Yes, that is chan lineage salutation. And thier present art summary.

In your clip above 2。30。 there is a salutation form by fok sau (Yik kam called fok sau as Kung Sau) and fist. As in the clip.

I believe that is a type of 1850 wing Chun fighting stance. It is not today's ip man movie type common fighting stance. I believe that type of fighting stance makes more sense.

Yik Kam or cho lineage WCK uses a fighting stance variation with its four cyclic momentum similar to this :

start at 13.00 in the following clip and watch to the end on this fighting stance.

http://www.56.com/w90/play_album-aid-3599595_vid-NTEwNTk5NzM.html

notice the similarity here

chan wah soon wck also has it at 17.00 another application 0f 2.30.

http://bugu.cntv.cn/news/farming/xiangtu/classpage/video/20091109/121878.shtml

So, the above is how that type of technic is used 1850. It existed both on yik kam and chan lineage.

it is like a shield cover the center frontal and ready for center line capture.

k gledhill
06-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Cool, I will watch clips in full.

Hendrik
06-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Keep in mind that in 1850, the red boat army lead by Lee Man Mau has three division and many sub division. and we can identify the common denominator of them.

the Yik Kam salutation is belongs to the male actor play female role division.

From begining to 0.12 is a typical Yik Kam salutation with not all details shown clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBsnNDXKI8

Hendrik
06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
To those WCners who do MMA take a look at those ancient WCK stuffs as the above clips. WCK might not be what you think.

with the five layers and these old stuffs dig out and expose. that give a better view on what is very likely to be.

hope that those who does WCK research dig into it.

and Wing Chun 1850 might be a good term to contrast todays evolution.

LoneTiger108
06-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Well I have to say Hendrik, this is the first time I have read anything from you that seems to correlate to suggestions I have made here for quite some time :)

If these methods are what makes 1850 Wing Chun identifiable then I am practising 1850 Wing Chun.

And with the 5 layers you mention on another thread, it sounds like you are talking of things I am very familiar with too although I do use an entirely different language than you do. My Sigung must have had something quite similar IMHO.

It is good to see you sharing more.

Mutant
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Very interesting! This salutation and form seems to have same dna as pin sun. And that footwork in salutation same as pin sun form. Thanks for sharing.

Hendrik
06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Well I have to say Hendrik, this is the first time I have read anything from you that seems to correlate to suggestions I have made here for quite some time :)

If these methods are what makes 1850 Wing Chun identifiable then I am practising 1850 Wing Chun.

And with the 5 layers you mention on another thread, it sounds like you are talking of things I am very familiar with too although I do use an entirely different language than you do. My Sigung must have had something quite similar IMHO.

It is good to see you sharing more.

Wing Chun is wing Chun. I don't invent them. Hahaha

Also, I don't believe people practice wing Chun for 40 years doing totally junk. I believe there must be some good within them waiting to be explore.

Hendrik
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Very interesting! This salutation and form seems to have same dna as pin sun. And that footwork in salutation same as pin sun form. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, get all the common denomitor together and we know what it is 1850.

We need to do it now. Because the older generation passing away.

From each lineage, bring the salutation to this party and It is in front of our eyes.