PDA

View Full Version : almost forgot dieting

GreyFox81
08-31-2001, 08:38 AM
i am 5'10 203 pounds i am also trying to lose
10 - 15 pounds cuz i wanna start looking more
muscular but there is about a inch of fat around my body in addition to your previous replies what would be a goood diet to achieve my goal of being
a not so big but muscular lookin guy.

if you know any good sites that can help me i
would appreciate them.

death doesn't end life i do

[This message was edited by GreyFox81 on 08-31-01 at 11:56 PM.]

DrunkenMonkey
09-08-2001, 11:18 PM
Jog an hour a day, jog 3 hours a day on weekends.

An Art is any form of expression or task that has been honed to near perfection.

Lost_Disciple
09-09-2001, 12:03 AM
Running that much will destroy your joints; especially for a guy around 200. I know cuz I was doing 3 hours of aerobic exercise a day and about an hour a day on running alone. After 2 months the shin splints were so bad i could barely move.
Do wind sprints. A balanced workout of 3 runs a week over 30 minutes long, and 2 days of wind sprints would probably be much better at burning fat than all that "low impact aerobics".

As far as diet goes, the Zone diet is probably the healthiest and easiest to do long term. There are a lot of threads that we've discussed this and given links, so u may just want to search here on the Kung Fu Training and Health board. You can also go to t-man.com and a few other web sites where they detail the principles of the diet and give some recipes. The alltime best psychotic, drop weight fast diet that I've seen is the fat fast diet, which is like adkins on steroids- you only do it for 2 or 3 weeks, if that tells you anything. That's detailed on www.t-mag.com (http://www.t-mag.com) as well.

Good luck, but that last little inch is what most people have a hard time fighting.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

phoenix-eye
09-09-2001, 03:19 AM
What TF are Wind Sprints??

I am 5'11 and 195 lbs. Could do with losing 10-15 lbs before my wedding day - in 6 months.

Any advice would be good.

(MUST NOT interfere with eating CURRY)

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Lost_Disciple
09-09-2001, 05:33 AM
phoenix eye
Wind sprints are repeated sprints, almost interval training. In basketball they were sprinting to the free throw line & back, to half court & back, the opposite free throw & back, and finally sprinting the full court & back. That's just one example though.
Interval training would be jog 100 yards/meters, sprint 25 yds/m, jog 100 yds/m, sprint 50 yards/meters. You can even insert some walking on interval training. Personally I like interval training cuz it cures the boredom. I run up this hill my house is on and jog or walk down it, making sure I sprint the beginning and end of the hill. Of course, I'm not a real good example cuz I haven't been real consistant with working out lately, so I don't have any results to give you.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.