PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried this stuff?

stubbs
08-31-2001, 03:47 PM
http://www.dragonschoice.com/productdesriptions/joint.htm

it's supposed to help your joints strengthen. I could do with something like that but do you guys think it's dodgey or should i go for it?

"satisfaction loses,and humility gains"

Stranger
08-31-2001, 04:15 PM
As a personal trainer I used to have all of my clients on glucosamine and chondroitin. I don't know what those other ingredients do to help, so I can't comment on this particular blend.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

stubbs
09-03-2001, 09:01 PM
thanks for your reply stranger.

did the stuff you gave your clients actually help the joints? what other effects did they have? and were there, or are there any side-effects?

does anyone know about the other ingredients?

thanks
stubbs

"satisfaction loses,and humility gains"

[This message was edited by stubbs on 09-04-01 at 12:29 PM.]

Stranger
09-04-2001, 03:03 AM
All of the clients claimed that it reduced joint pain, swelling, and clicking. I had no financial stake in the product, but I pushed it hareally hard. My theory was if I presented it without question, even if it did nothing in reality there might still be a placebo effect.

Negative side effects? Less money in your wallet. It is worth it to me, as I believe it works and I had a history of joint problems from overenthusiastic grappling. I feel great now.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

prana
09-04-2001, 03:14 AM
Climbers use it all the time, Glucosamine that is :) Most swear by it....

Fish of Fury
09-04-2001, 05:24 AM
glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate has been shown to work pretty well.
the other ingredients look fine too (don't know about the brand, production quality etc.)

MSM= you need sulfur for the production of collagen, ligaments, cartilage etc

most of the others are all herbs that have a good rep. in arthritis/joint problems etc.
ginger and tumeric are great anti inflammatories

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"