PDA

View Full Version : Wolfram Alpha

Lucas
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
WolframAlpha (http://www.wolframalpha.com/)

This is new to me. surely not to everyone. but i wanted to share this amazing computational engine for anyone who may not have as of yet.

ever wanted to divide Confucious / Jesus (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=confucious+%2F+jesus)

wolfram alpha can show you that equation. not to mention all top end computations and mathimatical equations you may want to work with.

MightyB
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
It's ok - but I found it difficult to use with real world problems. I was trying to use it to find the correct answers for my kid's homework. It's been at least 25 years since I had to do anything with functions and it's not like you have to be a math genius to work in television.

Lucas
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
its definately lacking for things like much of pop culture, and i think a lof of the 'translation' from layman's terms or what not still need work. but in terms of a lot of scientific data, and mathamatics, its pretty darn powerful. i was sad to see that it doesnt know the term kung fu beyond the tv show, and has no input for wushu.

BUT i can do things like equate the light years to saturn divided by the average price of gas....

3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$

1.415×10^9 m^4/$

how is that not real world application????? :confused:

MightyB
06-12-2012, 04:54 AM
its definately lacking for things like much of pop culture, and i think a lof of the 'translation' from layman's terms or what not still need work. but in terms of a lot of scientific data, and mathamatics, its pretty darn powerful. i was sad to see that it doesnt know the term kung fu beyond the tv show, and has no input for wushu.

BUT i can do things like equate the light years to saturn divided by the average price of gas....

3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$

1.415×10^9 m^4/$

how is that not real world application????? :confused:

It's not dumb enough for a person like me. What are these numbers (3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$ 1.415×10^9 m^4/$) you speak of? This science stuff - it's all tom foolery and shenanigans!!!

Lucas
06-12-2012, 08:46 AM
It's not dumb enough for a person like me. What are these numbers (3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$ 1.415×10^9 m^4/$) you speak of? This science stuff - it's all tom foolery and shenanigans!!!

I tell the townsfolk that its pagan black magic. They believe me, so let me do what I want in the taverns at night, and no one challenges me.