PDA

View Full Version : What to do at home?

Master_Mike
09-05-2001, 03:21 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here. I been learning Tae Kwon Do for 4 years, but at May 2000, I caught a chrons disease. I lost all my skills once I got that. But now I am gettig better I want to train Tae kwon Do again or go into Kung-fu. But while I find a style, can anyone tell me whats the best way to train yourself at home.

DrunkenMonkey
09-08-2001, 05:44 AM
Practice your Form, Form, Form. Even if you forget everything, practicing good form will allow you to quickly absorb what you learn and make it look and feel correctly. And practice it SLOW.

I don't want to be unsensitive, but what is Chrons disease? Not much I know about it, so i don't know your limitations.

"Just some suggestion from an ignoramus."

An Art is any form of expression or task that has been honed to near perfection.

honorisc
09-09-2001, 03:57 AM
Drill one perfect kick twelve times one side then twelve times the other side. Pick favorites first. There seem to be a standard base of kicks. If can be done and not interfere with the rest of your life too badly, kick twelve for each basse kick--no jumping, no spinningno front leg rear leg...all from chun bi or feet together. No Speed~, Merelly perfect technically correct kicks. As time~ allows do still with favorites or can do bests first, do this exercise from left or right fighting stance (your preference), then the other side with this exercise. Of course do Front or back leg first for each kick you get to do, then do the other positioned leg for each kick you get to do~.

Drilling your kicks with hands up, guarding is good for the Art~. For health there are three positions of arm; two positions of hand; four positions of shoulders; four positions of wrists.

Arms:straight along sides (hands by thighs); straight out (wrist, elbow, shoulder, shoulder, elbow, wrist, straight line); arms parallel and up (wrist, elbow, shoulder, straight line).

This can start you. My I will have to write the combinations out fully eventually. If you'd be interested, notify me.

I could tailor some exercises if you say what your goals are in training or for training. Or wher your trying to get. Or the things you'd like to be able to do or achieve with your doing Tae Kwon Do or Kung-Fu. By the way, what I mentioned might be considered a kung-Fuing of Tae Kwon Do. Of course Speed and Power would go into the exercise more deliberately. Yet this so far is enough to start, at least. Hopefully.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.