Hendrik
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
YKT --- Qi Layer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8OxVWNIIA&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQR_BhOSqOw

enjoy

nasmedicine
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Great stuff as always Hendrik. Matter of fact, this is actually not to far off from my Sifu's teachings however, IMO, your presentation is an excellent tool for the novice in regards to the internal aspect of WC (or perhaps TCMA in general). In other words great way to get ones feet wet for internal practice and theory in regards to WC. Sadly I feel there are those who will still bash and try to derail this but please keep sharing regardless.

-Cheers

Nirav

stonecrusher69
06-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks again..Very good information...

Hendrik
06-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Great stuff as always Hendrik. Matter of fact, this is actually not to far off from my Sifu's teachings however, IMO, your presentation is an excellent tool for the novice in regards to the internal aspect of WC (or perhaps TCMA in general). In other words great way to get ones feet wet for internal practice and theory in regards to WC. Sadly I feel there are those who will still bash and try to derail this but please keep sharing regardless.

-Cheers

Nirav

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Just hope you and more people from different lineages share . You all can design your equalvant of YKT their way for the education of the junior wcners.

As I keep addressing , YKT is an education process to support every lineages, not about preaching Yik Kam lineage . Hopefully, more and more people can see there is a standard reference in 1850 for the basic common denominator .

As I shared that a 24 hours of YKT will expand one's horizon into how the ancient ancestors in red boar doing things. That is not a marketing but a reality can be done with ease.

This qi layer actually support by tcm theory and practice, thus, we do see how things integrated together.

Perhaps, I will do the fifth layer, the force, momentum, wing Chun basic stratergy.

That way, the junior will know, there is no mysterious qi, jin, secrete moves...ect. Everything is as scientific as our daily life and up for their reach, not something cannot be touched.

Hendrik
06-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks again..Very good information...

You are welcome!

Just to make sure our wife don't know wcners' top secret -------- sun punch weakness is the thump. Grap Jamming the thump upward and there is no sun punch, no inch power but sitting duck.

So you want to beat a wcner ? He goes for your center line, you just need to jam his thump ! Disable the heck of all the wck elbow power, structure power.......ect. A jammed upward thump, thats all!

Top Qing anti WCK secret 1850! Just take 1 min to learn! The secrete of qi layer!

Hahahaha! Have fun!

LoneTiger108
06-29-2012, 05:56 AM
YKT --- Qi Layer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8OxVWNIIA&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQR_BhOSqOw

enjoy

A nice idea to assist in heigung awareness but if I am crucially honest IMHO this is your own method, like an add-on to the Wing Chun curriculum which is missing these ideas of internal development. There will be many who may benefit too but I would prefer to see Wing Chun specific exercises shared from people that have been taught them from within the family itself. It would be interesting to know if these exrecises were taught by Yik Kam himself, or if they have been picked up by Hendriks journey in other TCMAs?

Maybe this is something I can look into because in my own learning there was quite a bit of time spent early on in practise to develop or open up the body to be able to receive the hei/chi Hendrik talks of here. I have to admit, when you start talking of visualization methods and putting your intent where you want it, basically leading your hei/chi, this is what good SLT is actually for. It doesn't need these exercises IMHO but they are a good helping hand. And even the methods I know will seem alien to Wing Chun guys that simply do not beleive in all this hei/chi stuff! I don't know exactly where my Sigung learnt his soft heigung forms either, so he may have just done what Hendrik is doing here and added them to his students learning because he knew how important tis stuff is for us to get the most out of our training.

Good, clear understanding is presented in the clips but I still think hei/chi could be made much more understandable and gained quicker through other methods.

As for more ancient Taoist ideas, I think we should all recognize that some of the most famous Taoist principles were in fact discovered and preserved by women. ;)

Hendrik
06-29-2012, 07:07 AM
A nice idea to assist in heigung awareness but if I am crucially honest IMHO this is your own method,

like an add-on to the Wing Chun curriculum which is missing these ideas of internal development. ------------S

1. Yik kam transform is an educational process to give a tour into existed common denominator elements of WCK 1850 . It is simply a general tool.

2. Both the Wing Chun long set of slt in 1850 and today's three sets which is linking to the red boat era lineages, are all inheriting internal development of emei 12 zhuang by designed.

Thus, it is only wing Chun kuen practitioner un able yet to inherit these treasures of WCK yet due to lack of fundamental development.

There will be many who may benefit too but I would prefer to see Wing Chun specific exercises shared from people that have been taught them from within the family itself. -------s

Those who is from the red boat era related wck lineages , who knows internal art, their WCK sets such as slt is internal, there is no need to have other internal.

So, if you want to see wing Chun specific, just simply go to the three sets of WCK. Every lineages has them.

It would be interesting to know if these exrecises were taught by Yik Kam himself, or if they have been picked up by Hendriks journey in other TCMAs?------------s

As I have point out in the YKT presentation, there are general knowlege which is common to all in the internal tcma, tcm, qigong , daoist development, and, there are particular knowledge which is WCK specific.

When one has developed internal ability in WCK sets, one knows both of these.

I verified the internal elements of WCK 1850 yik kam teaching with multiple source, instead of pick up things in my journey.

Again, the yik kam transform is designed by myself to introduce one to both the general And particular of wc 1850 common denominators. The general is common to all tcma, tcm. The particular is WC 1850 comond denominator using yik kam teaching as example.

The four drills in the yik kam transform are selected by myself with a purpose of introducing one to the general solution in the most direct, simple, and clear manner. That way, one can experience and has a good solid picture on the basic in a short period of time without guessing work.

That way theory and practice are one. One can get to know the basic elements and big picture accurately in a short period of time.

Maybe this is something I can look into because in my own learning there was quite a bit of time spent early on in practise to develop or open up the body to be able to receive the hei/chi Hendrik talks of here. -----------s

Great!
Qi is not mine. I am just present what , how, where it is within the WCK. You can do that too.

I have to admit, when you start talking of visualization methods and putting your intent where you want it, basically leading your hei/chi, this is what good SLT is actually for.------s

Visualization is a part of mind layer of YKT. Visualization is one of the four tools of mind layer, it is for certain things but not for everythings.

Qi is one layer of the five layer, it is not everything either. in a martial art it plays a supporting role. Qi never is a replacement of force and momentum handling.

The reason for the five layer catagorization is to clearly identify the elements , seeing each as it is, and make it possible to handle them.

It doesn't need these exercises IMHO but they are a good helping hand. ---------s

One needs the basic handling before one can retrieve the wck particular out of the wing Chun three sets. Introduce One to the basic handling of the general elements is what they are for.

Without clearly have a handling on the basic it is a disaster . In ancient the teaching of the basic handling is left for the sifu. And that bring a degree of uncertainty in the learning. Here in YKT, I make it into standard reference, that way every one knows the basic.

For those on the yik kam or cho lineage, when it is the time for learning the yik kam slt kuen kuit, they already know the basic accurately . If they have YKT. For those who is from different lineages, with YKT they can go for treasure hunting within their own lineage for the treasure thier ancestors have left them.

And even the methods I know will seem alien to Wing Chun guys that simply do not beleive in all this hei/chi stuff! ---------s

certainly, there are many methods exists and YKT is not the only one.

As I have pointed out in the video, chi is not a believe.
it is a physical phenomenon exist in living human body. It can be identify as one identify one's breathing or blood flow, and this case a heat flow.

I don't know exactly where my Sigung learnt his soft heigung forms either, so he may have just done what Hendrik is doing here and added them to his students learning because he knew how important tis stuff is for us to get the most out of our training.-------s

I don't added them . It is already in WCK since it was created. I only pulled the curtain to let those who like to see it , see it.

Good, clear understanding is presented in the clips but I still think hei/chi could be made much more understandable and gained quicker through other methods. ---------- s
Qi is not for understand.
Qi is , one develop it in one's own body so that one has it and can make use of it.

Again, YKT is an educational process . It is just that. A neutral aids or learning toOl to support a holistic and detaild learning on the science of WCK. An Education transform.

It is named under yik kam because without the teaching of yik kam preserve by the cho family for the past 150 years I am not possible to know it. Got nothing to do with lineages or marketing or money making.

Hendrik
06-29-2012, 07:41 AM
If we want WCK to grow, we need to put a clear standard reference on the education process.
And there can exist many different process from many lineages.

Hendrik
06-29-2012, 07:55 AM
The reason for this layer to exist in YKT is to let every one sees what is it as it is. What the role it plays and how it related to other layers such as motion and physical health.

Qi is not a mysterious belief or philosophy. It is a part of human body. And it also is not everything.

this layer is intended to clear up the mis understanding and clarify the understanding, so that the martial artist know how to make use of it and those who needs healing know what is the bottom line for a solid healing science of qigong.

Hendrik
06-29-2012, 11:33 AM
The following is a question for me which I find it is interesting and would like to share my view on this issue.

I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on something; I have always been told that traditionally all the styles had an internal aspect to it, i.e. the nurture and growth of Qi for martial purposes.
I believe or at least it seems so, that the majority of the styles have lost along the road the real internal aspect of their curriculum, being left only by slow moving forms or breathing exercises which are only an empty shell of what the real internal practice was.

I therefore would like to hear your opinion on integrating a whatever style with internal aspects not strictly of the style itself, or to be more clear, to borrow the internal aspect from other systems that have well preserved it.

my view is:

Internal is a term could mean different things.
It is not true that all style has internal.

Internal on qi cultivation has to be designed in at the begining.
Integrating internal from other style is design a new style.

Do not wasting time to re store a style's internal if one doesnt have a solid instruction from the past.

rather, it is better off go and learn another style where one can have a teacher who can coach one on every details.

if you cant find a teacher, dont know how to restore your style's internal development.

then,

the best you can do is:

take the principle of

loose in physical body, quiet mind, and natural in breathing and physical movements.

as the soul of everything you practice. everything one does has to fit this principle and with ease. if it is not with ease. never do that.

these way, one will not get one into trouble and have a chance to realized the internal art elements. one might not progress far. but one will progress and not get one into trouble.

this is extremely important to remember.

5. practice thing slowly is not Internal.

Internal must obey the principle of loose physical body, quiet in mind, and natural in breathing and physical movement.

the practice has to feel with ease. because it is about return to the natural resonance instead of man made control.

6. there is a bottom line for those who did SLT slowly.

one needs to do SLT with the above principle and with ease. slow and prolong time only comes after natural development.

one doesnt set a time on how long one needs to do SLT, one let the body mind breathing shows one what is the proper speed and lenght of time for different individual.

if one can hear one's breathing, that is already stressing the breathing. if one feel holding the tail bone tuck up that is already stressing and tensing.

anything stress and tense while doing SLT is improper and will cause long term damage.

7. for the shock fajin of WCK as in the white crane and other art,

one MUST have a balance conditioning of all the bows or joints and a naturally breathing, before any attemp to study the shock pulse fajin.

failing to do such will cause issue either in the joints where the weakest link took the loading and or causing internal injury or sickness due to stop breathing while forcing the body to produce the pulse.

it is rather one never know that type of power, then being suicide just for the macho of it. for those who has misalign or health condition, attention must be paid.

it is better to be a coward and chicken out, then be a hero who commit suicide. you have a family to take care of. please think that before you attemp any so called internal stunt or internal kung fu practice. if you cannot do it. dont know the consequence, never practice it.

Robinhood
06-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Good descriptions of MA core component ...which is needed for most MA to be properly implemented.

Cheers

Hendrik
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1177089&postcount=259

simple234
07-11-2012, 09:32 PM
what role does visualization have in using jin? what exactly are you visualizing?

Hendrik
07-11-2012, 10:17 PM
what role does visualization have in using jin? what exactly are you visualizing?

Human needs to use visualization to handle the physical body force vectors. Those are advance stuffs. Need a teacher to coach.

YouKnowWho
07-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Human needs to use visualization to handle the physical body force vectors. Those are advance stuffs. Need a teacher to coach.
Hendrik,

I have noticed that all your clips are "solo". I don't understand why but I have to say something here. Human needs to use "opponent" to reference "distance" and "angle".

Why don't you use training partner?

Hendrik
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Hendrik,

I have noticed that all your clips are "solo". I don't understand why but I have to say something here. Human needs to use "opponent" to reference "distance" and "angle".

Why don't you use training partner?

Every training has its purpose. Use training partner or not depend on what I am sharing. It is similar to writing one needs to follow the subject.

Up to now, I have not talked about combat applications but introduction to layers of WCK 1850 art basic to some degree of details.