PDA

View Full Version : HFYWCK Sil Nim Tau Workshop 8/3/12, Kansas City, MO

Savi
06-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Master Song's Martial Arts Academy of Fighting and Fitness of Liberty Missouri is proud and excited to announce hosting World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association Grand Master Garrett Gee Advanced Sil Nim Tau Workshop/ Clinic/ Seminar on the weekend of August 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2012.

In addition to the workshops/clinics, there will be a special dinner planned Saturday night (August 4th) to celebrate Grandmaster Garrett Gee coming to the Kansas City, Missouri area.

The workshops/clinics are open to the public on all three days. Those who wish to attend and have any questions simply contact Master Song's Martial Arts Academy of Fighting and Fitness email: academyoffighting@hotmail.com or phone: 816-853-6150.

Welcome all interested to attend this first time event for the Kansas City Martial Arts community!

Seminar/ Workshop Schedule:

8/3 Friday night - HFY Wing Chun Kung Fu Advanced Sil Nim Tau - Public Workshop/ Clinic Start: 7pm-10pm
8/4 Saturday - Public Workshop/ Clinic: 9am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
8/4 Saturday Night - Grand Master Garrett Gee celebration dinner
8/5 Sunday - Public Workshop/ Clinic: 9am-12noon

Sifu Dale Vits

Master Song's Martial Arts
Academy of Fighting and Fitness
816-853-6150

email:academyoffighting@hotmail.com

Savi
08-04-2012, 07:32 AM
The following is a write up from HFY member Michael Pyun on HFYWCK Chi Sao:

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun’s Time and Space Chi Sao System
Vs
Skill and Technique Chi Sao Expression

Authored By: Grandmaster Garrett Gee
Written By: Michael Pyun

Grandmaster Garrett Gee’s Hung Fa Yi Time and Space Chi Sao System is extremely unique in the martial art world because it stresses maximum efficiency in combat as it relates to time, space, and energy. Without fully employing these three things simultaneously, maximum efficiency cannot be achieved no matter how one tries to explain or demonstrate it. In addition, HFY’s Chi Sao System is one-of-a-kind because it breaks down Chi Sao into three components: Kiu-Sao Chi Sao, Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi-Sao, and Chi-Kiu Chi Sao. Within those three components, the principle of Tin-Yan-Dei (Heaven, Human, and Earth) is dissected into four categories – arm, four-gate, six-gate, and body TYD. These concepts all fall under HFY’s Wing Chun Formula of Sup-Ming-Dim, Five-Line Theory, and Two-Line Jong Sau.

In Hung Fa Yi’s Wing Chun Formula, Sup-Ming-Diem pinpoints the exact reference points in space that allow you to have the strongest structure possible. Five-Line Theory teaches you the width of the space/box established between you and your opponent. And Two-Line Jong Sau establishes HFY’s Two-Line Defense concept as well as the depth and distance in space. These three things must be fully understood before learning HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System.

Now, many would agree that one of the main goals of Chi Sao is to build up sensitivity in the hands and arms. However, Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao system goes beyond this by also teaching Tin-Yan-Dei Gate Theory. HFY’s TYD Gate Theory should not be confused with HFY’s Gate Theory because HFY’s TYD Gate Theory focuses on the three centerline Sup-Ming-Dim points while HFY’s Gate Theory demonstrates interception at the Four-Gate Level. Further, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory precedes the moment of attack by first focusing on occupying space along the centerline using precise reference points in space to achieve maximum efficiency. Therefore, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory utilizes the idea of time and space instead of speed, power, deception, or the lucky strike to defeat your opponent.

Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System further dissects the idea of Tin-Yan-Dei by explaining the differences between Arm TYD, Four-Gate TYD, Six-Gate TYD, and Body TYD. Arm TYD teaches you range in combat as well as how to use the heaven, human, and earth points on your arm to produce the proper energy during Chi Sao. Four-Gate TYD teaches you how to occupy space along the centerline before you attack. Six-Gate TYD teaches you interception using the legs. And Body TYD teaches you power. Of course, each of the four categories of HFY’s TYD offers much more depth but only GM Gee has the ability to unlock this information.

Further, Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System has a definitive lesson plan mapped out by GM Gee that includes the teaching of Kiu-Sao Chi Sao, Chi-Kiu Chi Sao, and Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi Sao. Kiu-Sao Chi Sao and Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi Sao are taught at the Siu Nim Tau level while Chi-Kiu Chi Sao is introduced at the Chum Kiu Level. Each of these must be mastered in order to be proficient in HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System. Hence, GM Gee always refers to HFY Chi Sao as a system rather than just a skill. Without the depth and technological knowledge behind HFY’s trademark Time and Space Chi Sao System, it would be very hard to distinguish it from all the rest. Yet with it, the skill, efficiency, and effectiveness can be distinctly felt as well as appreciated.

Let it be known that Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System is not just a game, drill, or exercise to build sensitivity. It is necessary for combat. It does not have to start from a static position nor does it require facing your opponent. HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao is a system for combat that exists with or without contact. The only constant is the use of time and space to achieve maximum efficiency in combat. Only when this occurs can HFY’s Five Levels of Energy (Ying, Chung, Lao, Saat, Fa) be used effectively. Without it, only Chi Sao skill and technique can be expressed and physical attributes must be used to become effective in combat. Moreover, HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System covers the three time frames of reality: Gate Theory, Five-Line Theory, and Inside-Outside-The-Box. Recognizing and understanding these three time frames is what enables a HFY Wing Chun practitioner to use a system approach to combat rather than a technique oriented one.

As GM Gee always says, “No technique handles all technique.”

This idea is what allows HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System to go from nowhere to somewhere. On the same token, nothing can be added or subtracted because Grandmaster Garrett Gee’s Hung Fa Yi Time and Space Chi Sao is fully complete.

Vajramusti
08-04-2012, 07:40 AM

Vs

Grandmaster Garrett Gee’s Hung Fa Yi Time and Space Chi Sao System is extremely unique in the martial art world because it stresses maximum efficiency in combat as it relates to time, space, and energy. Without fully employing these three things simultaneously, maximum efficiency cannot be achieved no matter how one tries to explain or demonstrate it. In addition, HFY’s Chi Sao System is one-of-a-kind because it breaks down Chi Sao into three components: Kiu-Sao Chi Sao, Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi-Sao, and Chi-Kiu Chi Sao. Within those three components, the principle of Tin-Yan-Dae (Heaven, Human, and Earth) is dissected into four categories – arm, four-gate, six-gate, and body TYD. These concepts all fall under HFY’s Wing Chun Formula of Sup-Man-Diem, Five-Line Theory, and Two-Line Jong Sau.

In Hung Fa Yi’s Wing Chun Formula, Sup-Man-Diem pinpoints the exact reference points in space that allow you to have the strongest structure possible. Five-Line Theory teaches you the width of the space/box established between you and your opponent. And Two-Line Jong Sau establishes HFY’s Two-Line Defense concept as well as the depth and distance in space. These three things must be fully understood before learning HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System.

Now, many would agree that one of the main goals of Chi Sao is to build up sensitivity in the hands and arms. However, Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao system goes beyond this by also teaching Tin-Yan-Dae Gate Theory. HFY’s TYD Gate Theory should not be confused with HFY’s Gate Theory because HFY’s TYD Gate Theory focuses on the three centerline Sup-Man-Diem points while HFY’s Gate Theory demonstrates interception at the Four-Gate Level. Further, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory precedes the moment of attack by first focusing on occupying space along the centerline using precise reference points in space to achieve maximum efficiency. Therefore, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory utilizes the idea of time and space instead of speed, power, deception, or the lucky strike to defeat your opponent.

Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System further dissects the idea of Tin-Yan-Dae by explaining the differences between Arm TYD, Four-Gate TYD, Six-Gate TYD, and Body TYD. Arm TYD teaches you range in combat as well as how to use the heaven, human, and earth points on your arm to produce the proper energy during Chi Sao. Four-Gate TYD teaches you how to occupy space along the centerline before you attack. Six-Gate TYD teaches you interception using the legs. And Body TYD teaches you power. Of course, each of the four categories of HFY’s TYD offers much more depth but only GM Gee has the ability to unlock this information.

Further, Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System has a definitive lesson plan mapped out by GM Gee that includes the teaching of Kiu-Sao Chi Sao, Chi-Kiu Chi Sao, and Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi Sao. Kiu-Sao Chi Sao and Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi Sao are taught at the Siu Nim Tau level while Chi-Kiu Chi Sao is introduced at the Chum Kiu Level. Each of these must be mastered in order to be proficient in HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System. Hence, GM Gee always refers to HFY Chi Sao as a system rather than just a skill. Without the depth and technological knowledge behind HFY’s trademark Time and Space Chi Sao System, it would be very hard to distinguish it from all the rest. Yet with it, the skill, efficiency, and effectiveness can be distinctly felt as well as appreciated.

Let it be known that Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System is not just a game, drill, or exercise to build sensitivity. It is necessary for combat. It does not have to start from a static position nor does it require facing your opponent. HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao is a system for combat that exists with or without contact. The only constant is the use of time and space to achieve maximum efficiency in combat. Only when this occurs can HFY’s Five Levels of Energy (Ying, Chung, Lao, Saat, Fa) be used effectively. Without it, only Chi Sao skill and technique can be expressed and physical attributes must be used to become effective in combat. Moreover, HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System covers the three time frames of reality: Gate Theory, Five-Line Theory, and Inside-Outside-The-Box. Recognizing and understanding these three time frames is what enables a HFY Wing Chun practitioner to use a system approach to combat rather than a technique oriented one.

This idea is what allows HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System to go from nowhere to somewhere. On the same token, nothing can be added or subtracted because Grandmaster Garrett Gee’s Hung Fa Yi Time and Space Chi Sao is fully complete.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above is not a seminar announcement!!!

It's about chi sao in HFY jargon.

Savi
08-04-2012, 08:24 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above is not a seminar announcement!!!

It's about chi sao in HFY jargon. I do believe the content is what is to be covered for the Kansas City workshop. The "jargon" is the Language of the HFYWCK system. If you would like to know more about HFY free to inquire or visit the locations around you.

Vajramusti
08-04-2012, 08:33 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The long post speaks for itself-it goes beyond an announcement.

Thanks but no thanks- not interested in finding out more about HFY jargon.

good luck on the rest of your workshop.

Savi
08-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Thank you for the conversation then and the well wishes. Should you wish to contribute any further questions on the topic of HFY...
Those who wish to attend and have any questions simply contact Master Song's Martial Arts Academy of Fighting and Fitness email: academyoffighting@hotmail.com or phone: 816-853-6150. and ask to speak with Sifu Dale Vits.

Here is a photo from the workshop currently taking place. More things to come later.

Savi
08-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Here is another photo taken from today's portion of the workshop.

Vajramusti
08-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Here is another photo taken from today's portion of the workshop.

---------------------------------------

curious.

In your own words in the two pictures what are best two guys doing?

Savi
08-04-2012, 07:29 PM
In my own words that looks like people learning about and training HFY WCK.

Here is some feedback for you from one of my kung fu brothers who is not a member of this forum but has read this thread:

Joy, I'm not quite sure about the motivation behind your question. I'm one of the guys in the photo. I have studied TWC with Sifu Vits for 5 years and attended many workshops by Ho Kam Ming. Some others have 10 years in TWC.

We had many beginners, too. This was our first introduction HFY Advanced SNT and chi sau concepts. I would have to say that everyone was blown away by this very unique approach to combat.

We had the privilege of having a lifelong 9 degree black belt Jujitsu instructor attend. After experiencing this new information, he commented that he could not challenge such new concept from HFY wing chun, because he felt like he already got defeated by Sifu Gee's such powerful teachings. Sifu Vits also commented that this new info from HFY was real eye-opener for the participants. When you can experience HFY's time, space and energy hands- on it turns on many lightbulbs in respect to hand-to-hand combat.

If you are ever get the opportunity, I think you would have many questions answered if you attend a HFY workshop.

James Cooper

Vajramusti
08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
In my own words that looks like people learning about and training HFY WCK.

Here is some feedback for you from one of my kung fu brothers who is not a member of this forum but has read this thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motivation? No just curiosty- in those two pictures that were put up what specifically is going on?

JPinAZ
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
not interested in finding out more about HFY jargon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motivation? No just curiosty- in those two pictures that were put up what specifically is going on?

So which is it - are you interested or not? For someone that has such an obvious and open disdain & 'disinterest' in HFY, you sure have a lot of questions :)

I couldn't attend the workshop since I was with a few of our guys at a Tourney in Vegas, but just from looking at those 2 pictures, I'd say the first is of HFY's Advance SNT (I'm sure you know what a wu sau or jong sau looks like, well it's one of them reinforcing HFY's occupy space concept).
The second looks to be HFY's Dan Chi Sau (obvious fook/taan in the centered group).

Hey, if you have even further interest, you're more that welcome to stop by my club any tuesday or thursday evening 5:30-7 - it's only a mile from you at tempe town lake. Or I could drop by and explain if that works better? No challenge intended by this, it's just that since you seem so curious maybe first-hand experience might be better? ;)

Vajramusti
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=JPinAZ;1182320]So which is it - are you interested or not?

Just curious about what was going on in the pictures-that is all- since the pics were posted.

JPinAZ
08-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Just curious about what was going on in the pictures-that is all- since the pics were posted.

Ok. Did my answer satisfy your newfound curiosity, or would you like a demo? The invite is always there - what a better chance to answer all your questions!

Vajramusti
08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok. Did my answer satisfy your newfound curiosity, or would you like a demo? The invite is always there - what a better chance to answer all your questions!
--------------------------------------------------------
The workshop and the announcement is over!!

kentchang
08-07-2012, 08:26 AM
James Cooper , thanks for your posting. Unfortunately there is alot of envy and ego in the martial arts community. That was a very nice compliment from the jujitsu master to master Garrett Gee and HFY wing chun. That shows there are still honest martial artists who recognize and acknowledge others.

Joy, I'm not quite sure about the motivation behind your question. I'm one of the guys in the photo. I have studied TWC with Sifu Vits for 5 years and attended many workshops by Ho Kam Ming. Some others have 10 years in TWC.

We had many beginners, too. This was our first introduction HFY Advanced SNT and chi sau concepts. I would have to say that everyone was blown away by this very unique approach to combat.

We had the privilege of having a lifelong 9 degree black belt Jujitsu instructor attend. After experiencing this new information, he commented that he could not challenge such new concept from HFY wing chun, because he felt like he already got defeated by Sifu Gee's such powerful teachings. Sifu Vits also commented that this new info from HFY was real eye-opener for the participants. When you can experience HFY's time, space and energy hands- on it turns on many lightbulbs in respect to hand-to-hand combat.

If you are ever get the opportunity, I think you would have many questions answered if you attend a HFY workshop.

James Cooper

JPinAZ
08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
James Cooper , thanks for your posting. Unfortunately there is alot of envy and ego in the martial arts community. That was a very nice compliment from the jujitsu master to master Garrett Gee and HFY wing chun. That shows there are still honest martial artists who recognize and acknowledge others.

I'm glad it was a great turnout and a good experience for everyone. Congrats to Sifu Dale for a great event his first time hosting GM Gee!

TAYLOR1
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Sifu Dale,

The pictures look great! Looks like everyone had a great time. Grandmaster Gee certainly shares a ton of HFY info in a short period of time.

Savi, great posting of Mike's HFY Chi Sao info!

Mike, Thanks for sharing some of GM Gee's teachings.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next GM Gee/HFY seminar here in the Tempe, AZ area.

Vajramusti, you should come check it out. You're definitely welcome. We can get together beforehand if you want.

Taylor

Vajramusti
08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=TAYLOR1;1182536]
Vajramusti, you should come check it out. You're definitely welcome. We can get together beforehand if you want.
------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks-Taylor1. It's good that HFY workshop participants appreciated whatever they got.
Two pictures were shown by Savi and I just asked what the folks were doing in the two pictures.
No ulterior motives- expressed or implied.
I have no further questions. Again thanks for the invite.

The workshop announcement and report is over, I assume

JPinAZ
08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
The workshop announcement and report is over, I assume

Does it really matter one way or the other?

I'm kinda hoping Sifu Dale and/or some of his students will come and give us further feedback on the workshop and what was covered and their impressions!

kentchang
08-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Vs

Grandmaster Garrett Gee’s Hung Fa Yi Time and Space Chi Sao System is extremely unique in the martial art world because it stresses maximum efficiency in combat as it relates to time, space, and energy. Without fully employing these three things simultaneously, maximum efficiency cannot be achieved no matter how one tries to explain or demonstrate it. In addition, HFY’s Chi Sao System is one-of-a-kind because it breaks down Chi Sao into three components: Kiu-Sao Chi Sao, Tan-Bong-Fuk Chi-Sao, and Chi-Kiu Chi Sao. Within those three components, the principle of Tin-Yan-Dae (Heaven, Human, and Earth) is dissected into four categories – arm, four-gate, six-gate, and body TYD. These concepts all fall under HFY’s Wing Chun Formula of Sup-Man-Diem, Five-Line Theory, and Two-Line Jong Sau.

In Hung Fa Yi’s Wing Chun Formula, Sup-Man-Diem pinpoints the exact reference points in space that allow you to have the strongest structure possible. Five-Line Theory teaches you the width of the space/box established between you and your opponent. And Two-Line Jong Sau establishes HFY’s Two-Line Defense concept as well as the depth and distance in space. These three things must be fully understood before learning HFY’s Time and Space Chi Sao System.

Now, many would agree that one of the main goals of Chi Sao is to build up sensitivity in the hands and arms. However, Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao system goes beyond this by also teaching Tin-Yan-Dae Gate Theory. HFY’s TYD Gate Theory should not be confused with HFY’s Gate Theory because HFY’s TYD Gate Theory focuses on the three centerline Sup-Man-Diem points while HFY’s Gate Theory demonstrates interception at the Four-Gate Level. Further, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory precedes the moment of attack by first focusing on occupying space along the centerline using precise reference points in space to achieve maximum efficiency. Therefore, HFY’s TYD Gate Theory utilizes the idea of time and space instead of speed, power, deception, or the lucky strike to defeat your opponent.

Hung Fa Yi’s Time and Space Chi Sao System further dissects the idea of Tin-Yan-Dae by explaining the differences between Arm TYD, Four-Gate TYD, Six-Gate TYD, and Body TYD. Arm TYD teaches you range in combat as well as how to use the heaven, human, and earth points on your arm to produce the proper energy during Chi Sao. Four-Gate TYD teaches you how to occupy space along the centerline before you attack. Six-Gate TYD teaches you interception using the legs. And Body TYD teaches you power. Of course, each of the four categories of HFY’s TYD offers much more depth but only GM Gee has the ability to unlock this information.

I read it three times. Something there and valuable. Thanks guys!:)