PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Wildfires

Drake
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Got chased out of my home by a wall of fire. Evacuated and spent a few days as a refugee. Place is undamaged, and we're back in now. Neighborhood down the street is completely thrashed.

Chi blasts are ineffective against wildfires.

Tao Of The Fist
07-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Do you live by Manitou or the AFA? I'm sorry to hear that man, but I'm glad that you and your family are okay and nothing got destroyed.

Drake
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Do you live by Manitou or the AFA? I'm sorry to hear that man, but I'm glad that you and your family are okay and nothing got destroyed.

I live in Mountain Shadows. Manitou was pretty much untouched, and the AFA lost 10 acres of woodlands. The AFA was evacuated for a bit, though.

sanjuro_ronin
07-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Got chased out of my home by a wall of fire. Evacuated and spent a few days as a refugee. Place is undamaged, and we're back in now. Neighborhood down the street is completely thrashed.

You obviously have no grasp of the real chi, this is because you do NOT have the correct snake engine from 1850.
:p

Lucas
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
glad you're ok and that your home didnt burn man. i have family in those neck of the woods. the springs, highlands ranch and denver. it was really sketchy for a while before they got control of those monsters.

ShaolinDan
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM

The irony of it all. Welcome home man. :(

Hebrew Hammer
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
My old stomping grounds with the 4th ID...most importantly did O'Furries bar make it through unscathed???

How about the Broadmoor Hotel? Have they been enlisting the military to help fight the fires? When I was there they trained a bunch of us to deploy to then Idaho and Montana to fight wild fires there. A firestorm is a frightening thing to behold.

Glad you're ok brother. Are you training CLF in the Springs?

Tao Of The Fist
07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
@ Hebrew Hammer

O'Furries and the Broadmoor are fine; it didn't jump the highway. It's contained for the most part. Its pretty scary though, especially considering how close to Drake's place the fire was. Another KF guy I know also had to be evacuated, I'm glad both of those guys are okay.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/674899/original.jpg

The red is untouched areas; the browns and blacks are burns. I'm glad I live on the opposite end of the city... :(

Hebrew Hammer
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the 411 Tao...glad you made it out too.

Syn7
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM

**** dude, I saw some pretty awful pics of homes burning. Glad you made it out okay.

Looks like god is the one using Chi blasts.

CLENSE!!!!

poshmissy
09-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Sad to hear about this, I hope you have already recovered from that devastating event. It's really painful to think that when nature attacks, we cannot do anything but pray.

Drake
09-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Sad to hear about this, I hope you have already recovered from that devastating event. It's really painful to think that when nature attacks, we cannot do anything but pray.

What would praying do? If you believed in a god, then who do you think sent that fire over a canyon like a solar flare and into a residential area?

sanjuro_ronin
09-12-2012, 05:56 AM
What would praying do? If you believed in a god, then who do you think sent that fire over a canyon like a solar flare and into a residential area?

Never been a fan of the whole "act of God" crap, but I can see how that can "comfort" some people not that I agree at all with this.
Some people find comfort in that "God works in mysterious ways" thing or even blaming these natural occurrences on "the devil" or what not.
To each their own of course.

When I do pray for the victims and survivors of natural disasters, it is usually to pray for them to have the strength to deal with the adversity.
Nature has a way of putting us in our place and reminding us how vast "her" power is.

We really should learn from that and try to focus on fixing what we can of these problems so that, when they do happen again, we can better handle them.