Hendrik
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Here we go on the basic and Kuen kuit of Yik Kam lineage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fopYOrJd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c61nbu-ZnW8

Enjoy!

stonecrusher69
07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks Hendrik..I think now you've documented more about YK WCK more then anyone else.

Hendrik
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks Hendrik..I think now you've documented more about YK WCK more then anyone else.

trying to make everything simple and clear.

imho. one needs to be clear on the basic to achieve the goal or expectation of the learning.

hope you enjoy these.

nasmedicine
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
trying to make everything simple and clear.

imho. one needs to be clear on the basic to achieve the goal or expectation of the learning.

hope you enjoy these.

Agreed, though I do wish the video and audio quality was higher but I guess that the price one pays these days for speedy upload to YouTube, otherwise i'm assuming it would take hours. In any case good video packed with a lot of knowledge that can easily be applied to one SLT.

Hendrik
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Agreed, though I do with the video and audio quality was higher but I guess that the price one pays these days for speedy upload to YouTube, otherwise i'm assuming it would take hours. In any case good video packed with a lot of knowledge that can easily be applied to one SLT.

Yes, I am in the silicon valley so everything is high speed. But other place might be slow.

The ancestors are scientific.

nasmedicine
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Yes, I am in the silicon valley so everything is high speed. But other place might be slow.

The ancestors are scientific.

Yeah, I wish I could view the videos in 720p audio/video quality. Max i'm seeing on YouTube for the your videos is 360p.

Hendrik
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I wish I could view the videos in 720p audio/video quality. Max i'm seeing on YouTube for the your videos is 360p.

May be you want to down load first.

nasmedicine
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
May be you want to down load first.

I'll have to try it.

Hendrik
07-06-2012, 10:23 PM
With the YKT and these , one can see a big picture on what is yik kam Wing Chun 1850

Hendrik
07-07-2012, 09:01 AM
IMHO, for yik kam lineage,

One needs to know the YKT, get the static and dynamic bows and force path set up and experience then learn the slt with the basic as above and more.

One needs to be do internal practice as early as th yjkym, to get the targeted result, only then progress into doing the set, itself. Then, doing the dummy.

One after above then one procced to do chi sau, San sau, and then free sparing under coaching.

Step by step build up with good solid foundation. Jumping around into chi sau or sparring without good foundation is doing disservice without learning the art. Win or loss cannot be guarantee, but one must know what one is doing.

Also ,
Often when I ask others on how come you do application with an import engine from different style . That is saying, why your bows and force path handling is not accord with WCK slt , ck, bj development of that "snake and crane" engine. Certainly WCK is evolving and every one is evolved their art. But engine signature can be read. And usually these days, the import engine range from hung gar, Spm, yang tai chi, Chen taiji.

nasmedicine
07-07-2012, 10:37 AM
IMHO, for yik kam lineage,

One needs to know the YKT, get the static and dynamic bows and force path set up and experience then learn the slt with the basic as above and more.

One needs to be do internal practice as early as th yjkym, to get the targeted result, only then progress into doing the set, itself. Then, doing the dummy.

One after above then one procced to do chi sau, San sau, and then free sparing under coaching.

Step by step build up with good solid foundation. Jumping around into chi sau or sparring without good foundation is doing disservice without learning the art. Win or loss cannot be guarantee, but one must know what one is doing.

Also ,
Often when I ask others on how come you do application with an import engine from different style . That is saying, why your bows and force path handling is not accord with WCK slt , ck, bj development of that "snake and crane" engine. Certainly WCK is evolving and every one is evolved their art. But engine signature can be read. And usually these days, the import engine range from hung gar, Spm, yang tai chi, Chen taiji.

Good insight. In your opinion do you feel that there is or at one point was a "universal engine" in TCMA?

Hendrik
07-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Good insight. In your opinion do you feel that there is or at one point was a "universal engine" in TCMA?

IMHO,

1. There is a general practice for all TCMA internal based on human nature , and a particular practice on top of the general practice with is unique to every style for specific development. thus, every different style has a different engine.

2. philoshophically people like to argue about how everything will end up as Ying Yang.....etc. universal. That is not likely in this physical world. For example, even the Chen Taiji and Yang Taiji are both taiji they are developing different type of physical body and jing with different focus.

3, thus, it is not likely the SLT, CK, BJ engine can be turned on with "just do it slowly, doing it softly, using hip, coiling like taiji chuan, do it 10000 years and you will master, follow the yin ang yang, " direction, unless one turn on the engine at the begining in the YJKYM, one has already choose by default, which way one is going, external style or internal style? based on how one practice the YJKYM.

nasmedicine
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
IMHO,

1. There is a general practice for all TCMA internal based on human nature , and a particular practice on top of the general practice with is unique to every style for specific development. thus, every different style has a different engine.

2. philoshophically people like to argue about how everything will end up as Ying Yang.....etc. universal. That is not likely in this physical world. For example, even the Chen Taiji and Yang Taiji are both taiji they are developing different type of physical body and jing with different focus.

3, thus, it is not likely the SLT, CK, BJ engine can be turned on with "just do it slowly, doing it softly, using hip, coiling like taiji chuan, do it 10000 years and you will master, follow the yin ang yang, " direction, unless one turn on the engine at the begining in the YJKYM, one has already choose by default, which way one is going, external style or internal style? based on how one practice the YJKYM.

very nice. Also, IMO, I tend to feel that regardless of universal or style specific "engine" at the end of the day it depends on the condition of the practitioner (e.g. body type, flexibility, athletics and intelligence.). Sometimes I feel as though styles evolved as a result of individual difference in application and understanding. I feel that with the YKT you are trying to remove the individual and get back to the fundamental which IMO is great. Furthermore there is no stopping any body from taking the YKT (just a label) and changing it even more to fit their own style/views.

Hendrik
07-07-2012, 11:28 AM
very nice. Also, IMO, I tend to feel that regardless of universal or style specific "engine" at the end of the day it depends on the condition of the practitioner (e.g. body type, flexibility, athletics and intelligence.).

Sometimes I feel as though styles evolved as a result of individual difference in application and understanding.

I feel that with the YKT you are trying to remove the individual and get back to the fundamental which IMO is great.

Furthermore there is no stopping any body from taking the YKT (just a label) and changing it even more to fit their own style/views.

you are correct,

Sure, different human has differences, thus, there are different lineages even with the same engine.

Yes, that is what YKT is for WCner. a General fundamental tailor to fit WCK needs.

sure, anyone can taking the YKT and fit their own style/views, and I am encouraging that, YKT is for educational. the five layers is a tool for analytical and synthesis . down the road, we must not accept missing layer for the SLT, CK, BJ practice. I know this is very demanding to lots of people today, but that is how one is lead to expand the horizon and rising the standard level. beside I am here for help if needed if I can. so anyone can design their own " YKT" and called it what they like, and I am happy to help if they ask me.

Paddington
07-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Hendrik, I would love to have a roll with you and see if I can feel what you are talking about.

Hendrik
07-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Hendrik, I would love to have a roll with you and see if I can feel what you are talking about.

Sure. If there is a chance.

But you don't have to roll with me to feel what I am talking about , do the four drills and you will feel the feeling today. The full instruction is in the video. That is what the drills are design to communicate. Do the drills or 21 days or so and roll with you friends and see what they feel. Many have do that. Try it you might like it.

Paddington
07-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, you are right I could attempt the drills and will do. However, nothing like rolling with an experienced practitioner and advocate to assess it in a chi sau context.

Interestingly, and regarding the four drills/videos you kindly provided, at the class I train many of those movements are performed during the 'warm up' and 'relaxation' stage. In particular the 'eight foot' positions really stood out to me as this is quite a distinct set of movements used at the class I attend, albeit simplified somewhat, during warm up and relaxation.

EDIT:

Sure. If there is a chance..
A slim one at best as I am a poor man that lives in the UK. :)

Hendrik
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes, you are right I could attempt the drills and will do. However, nothing like rolling with an experienced practitioner and advocate to assess it in a chi sau context.

Interestingly, and regarding the four drills/videos you kindly provided, at the class I train many of those movements are performed during the 'warm up' and 'relaxation' stage. In particular the 'eight foot' positions really stood out to me as this is quite a distinct set of movements used at the class I attend, albeit simplified somewhat, during warm up and relaxation.

EDIT:

A slim one at best as I am a poor man that lives in the UK. :)

life is a strange thing, we all cannot predict the future.

YKT is just basic stuffs, not exclusive, and it is mean to be very common so things has much much less chance to go wrong.

The transform drill is to communicate via doing. As soon as one follow the instruction and aware of every layer of the five layer while practicing them, one will be transform. I am there or not is only a matter of how deep the transform might be. But with or without me, the transform has to take place. Often people not getting result is because they don't pay attention to the five layers but doing the drill with other things in thier mind. So, the key is the drill and the five layer understanding. That put one to expand ones awareness and that roll the transform. Only what we can aware we can handle.

And one needs to continous on that awareness into the class to Benifit, instead of take it as a warm and forget about it after warm up. One will find improvement, after doing the four drills and then continous on into doing sets. One then will aware of different things or different ways of practicing the sets which is more natural and improving. So, it is best to do the transform before sets practice.

It is about education and nothing else. As in the drill, I am even more concern about the health development part then the fighting part. Because health is our real life fighting everyday.

may be those who has practiced the transform can share thier experience.

Hendrik
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I am playing a little with the formula... Little for fun and little for real... ;)

Big Jing: whole body = 6 bows connected / active connection...
We get the power from the whole body.

Small Jing: locally = 6 bows are not connected / passive connection...
We get the power, just from the local part of the body.

Yes or no?

J, :)

Both jing can be passive or active connection.

Yes for others.

Practice your set after the ykt drill and you will see where they are in your three sets.

It supposes to be fun even it is real.

at 4.420 to 5.1 is small jing follow by big jing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7sOO82fk8