PDA

View Full Version : New Shaolin Books - Wong Jack Man

valentina
07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
For anyone who practices Northern Shaolin, here are two books by R. L. Wing, The Northern Shaolin Sparring Set, and Shaolin #1 Open the Door. He does this as a labor of love and as a record of the teachings of his instructor, Wong Jack Man.

Please don't click on the link to the Shaolin #5 book as that won't go anywhere.

He is also working on writing about the Bruce Lee - Wong Jack Man match and wants to let that work stand on its own.when it's done. From what I've heard so far, it's very good

http://www.amazon.com/Rick-L.-Wing/e/B001JS2LMW

hskwarrior
07-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Congrats to him. I know he's been working hard on that book.

David Jamieson
07-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Nice!

Gonna move this into the media forum.

kuniggety
07-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Wow, I just ordered his book on Shaolin #5 the other day. Half of the sets I know are Johnny So/Ken Hui and the other half are WJM/Kam Yuen. All of these books happen to be of the ones that I know the Johnny So version, so you can bet on it that I'll be picking these up!

Blacktiger
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Nice work :)

By the way anyone know whats up with Redpalm clan forum??

kuniggety
07-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I was wondering the same. It was an absolute treasure for BSL practitioners. I was new to it and then one day it was gone. I hope it's just being revamped or something. I would've saved a lot of posts/info from it if I knew it was going to disappear.

Fen
07-20-2012, 04:34 PM
The RPC has a facebook like page also and the website will be back up. Keep checking back.

kuniggety
07-21-2012, 12:30 AM
I have received the BSL #5 book and read it. I also just ordered the BSL #1 and the Two-Man Fighting form books. I'll post up a review after I've received the second two and read them. In a short quip, I am impressed with the one that I have on BSL #5.

Blacktiger
07-22-2012, 06:42 PM
The RPC has a facebook like page also and the website will be back up. Keep checking back.

Great to hear! Keep us all posted :)

valentina
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Hopefully, this e-book on the match between Wong Jack Man and Bruce Lee will be out within 2 or 3 weeks. It is a very detailed story of the entire affair and has a very interesting perspective.
The author, R. Wing, will do his best to get the book to the public in December 2012. I've seen bits of it and from what i have seen, I have not seen anything with as much detail as this on the fight.

GeneChing
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
You should post this on our Leo Fong's take on the Wong Jack Man / Bruce Lee fight (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64270) thread.