PDA

View Full Version : dit da jow

mkim680
07-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello,

I was interested to see if there are any good dit da jows or internal chinese formulas to take for degenerative disc disease in the lower spine. I have a serious injury in my lower spine and wanted to find something to help out while I rehabiliate this injury.

thanks,
Mark

i've looked at some books on jow and on the web but there are too many different formulas. I'm not sure which one would be the best for this condition.

mickey
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Greetings and Welcome to the forum.

You may want to contact Mr Dale Dugas. He is a member of our forum and is a recent graduate in the field of Chinese medicine. He has recently passed his board examinations. He is serious about what he has dedicated himself to and he is fully capable of creating a jow for your specific needs.

http://www.bostonbaguazhang.com/

mickey

Shaolin
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I haven't used Dale's products yet. I hear good things. I've been using http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/ for the past 4 years and am very satisfied with their products.

Dale Dugas
07-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking out Dit Da Jow.

www.coilingdragon.com

Brule
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking out Dit Da Jow.

www.coilingdragon.com

How about letting someone of equal size hit you in actual sparring to demo your iron body skills. ;)

Dale Dugas
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Doe not matter who hits me, small or not, trained or not.

You are always welcome to come try me out as well.

Brule
07-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh relax, i was just teasing with all the crap you were getting from that other poster, i thought i'd throw out a funny, hence the winky face.

PS: I accept your invitation and will be there in Aug.

Dale Dugas
07-09-2012, 11:19 AM
LOL

It's all good.

taai gihk yahn
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello,

I was interested to see if there are any good dit da jows or internal chinese formulas to take for degenerative disc disease in the lower spine. I have a serious injury in my lower spine and wanted to find something to help out while I rehabiliate this injury.

thanks,
Mark

i've looked at some books on jow and on the web but there are too many different formulas. I'm not sure which one would be the best for this condition.

you might have some luck dealing w ancillary soft-tisse inflammation caused by DDD, but as far as rebuilding the damaged structures I wouldn't hold your breath - it's highly doubtful that any herbal formula would be able to target those structures specifically and even if they could, wouldn't really be able to "rebuild" them; of course, if there were any valid/reliable objective research contradicting my supposition, I'd be happy to reconsider my perspective; for example, I know that there has been some research looking at TCM herbal remedies related to speeding healing time of various wounds, albeit with direct topical application to the effected areas;

GeneChing
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
PS: I accept your invitation and will be there in Aug. But in this case, video will be required. ;)

Oh wait...Brule, are you as big as Dale?

I Hate Ashida Kim
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Hello,

What sort of treatment options has your doctor gone over with you? Have you tried any? Are you looking to TCM because western medicine has failed or because you think TCM has some mystic cure that will fix you right up?

mkim680
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
What sort of treatment options has your doctor gone over with you? Have you tried any? Are you looking to TCM because western medicine has failed or because you think TCM has some mystic cure that will fix you right up?

I have actually tried many different therapies both eastern and western. The best treatment I received was qigong massage along with exercise. Currently, I am doing qigong and tai chi/bagua. I wanted to try some chinese internal formulas along with dit da jow. I understand even TCM may not be able to fix my situation. I was told by numerous spine surgeons that my condition needs a fusion surgery. I am looking to avoid that since I am 32 and would like to continue with martial arts practice.

One great thing about the injury is that it has led me on a path to learning about TCM. This knowledge itself has been beneficial for my health.

Brule
07-10-2012, 05:47 AM
But in this case, video will be required. ;)

Oh wait...Brule, are you as big as Dale?

Is there anyone as big as Dale? :D

Dale Dugas
07-10-2012, 06:36 AM
There are always people who are:

bigger
meaner
stronger
faster
etc etc.

Featherstone
07-10-2012, 06:51 AM
just how big is Dale :confused:

David Jamieson
07-10-2012, 06:55 AM

http://picturethisgallery.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pyramidmountain_karrollbrinton_original.jpg

That's Dale in the middle there... :p

sanjuro_ronin
07-10-2012, 07:14 AM

Dale is a big guy, 6-2 and 250 area If I recall.
BUT there are far bigger than him around.
When I bounced I was the smallest guy there at 5-6 and 170.
Everyone else was over 5-10 and the biggest was Ted at 6-10 and 380lbs.
My buddy Ralph was 6-4 and 280 and Mark was 6-2 and 260 and Goran was 6-1 and 280, etc, etc.
When I was competing in Kyokushin I had a final match against a guy that was,literally almost a foot taller (6-4) and 100bs heavier ( I weighed only 145 at the time).
As a little guy I have NEVER NOT faced a bigger opponent, LOL !
Even in boxing and MT with the weight limits, they tend to be heavier AND taller.
:mad:

Dale Dugas
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
I have gained a bit and Im tipping the scales over 300 at the moment.

Stress and working for ones self can induce higher levels of cortisol levels which are no friend to anyone.

Starting to train more as the schedule is set.

Onward and upward.

Featherstone
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
True that Dale, better then outward! :D
I can relate to the size thing, I'm 5-10 and 280 (due to no thyroid and cancer and what not) used to run around 200. Not small, not big but I've had to deal with all shapes and sizes.

If there is a pic in that post, we must be blocking it here at work because I'm not seeing it, stupid websense! They changed all our security levels here so I am one step below all out access now :(

sanjuro_ronin
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
True that Dale, better then outward! :D
I can relate to the size thing, I'm 5-10 and 280 (due to no thyroid and cancer and what not) used to run around 200. Not small, not big but I've had to deal with all shapes and sizes.

If there is a pic in that post, we must be blocking it here at work because I'm not seeing it, stupid websense! They changed all our security levels here so I am one step below all out access now :(

It was a pic of a mountain, that's all :D

sanjuro_ronin
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I have gained a bit and Im tipping the scales over 300 at the moment.

Stress and working for ones self can induce higher levels of cortisol levels which are no friend to anyone.

Starting to train more as the schedule is set.

Onward and upward.

I here you bro, I am trying to keep myself under the 178 mark and it ain't easy with work, kids, selling our house, my dad's illness.
Its tough to fight against the human body at times.
Being 43 doesn't help either, LOL !

Brule
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I here you bro, I am trying to keep myself under the 178 mark and it ain't easy with work, kids, selling our house, my dad's illness.

Clearly lack of chi is your demise.

taai gihk yahn
07-10-2012, 09:14 AM

well, as compared to a human:

http://www.visualhollywood.com/movies/shrek-third/pics/shrek-third-010.jpg

I hear ya - I've managed to stay steady at 185, meaning not balloon up to 190+ where I was before, but at 5'6" and 43 y/o (yes, SJ and I share these characteristics :0), but it ain't easy al things considered - although now that I opened up my own manual therapy practice, that should help as my metabolism always speeds up when I am treating all day long, get on that "healer's high", lol

sanjuro_ronin
07-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Clearly lack of chi is your demise.

Thanks for stating the obvious, Mr.Iliketostatetheobvious !

sanjuro_ronin
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
well, as compared to a human:

http://www.visualhollywood.com/movies/shrek-third/pics/shrek-third-010.jpg

I hear ya - I've managed to stay steady at 185, meaning not balloon up to 190+ where I was before, but at 5'6" and 43 y/o (yes, SJ and I share these characteristics :0), but it ain't easy al things considered - although now that I opened up my own manual therapy practice, that should help as my metabolism always speeds up when I am treating all day long, get on that "healer's high", lol

Running a business has it's own set of "metabollisim defunkers".
I know, been doing it since for far too long...
Good luck dude and remember the key is balance !

Brule
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm here to help.;)

David Jamieson
07-11-2012, 07:37 AM

43? pfft.

you've seen my ridiculous form and I'm 48.

Talk about first world problems bro. lol

sanjuro_ronin
07-11-2012, 07:49 AM
43? pfft.

you've seen my ridiculous form and I'm 48.

Talk about first world problems bro. lol

Mileage dude, not the year of the car, is what counts, LOL !
It adds up, the wear and tear...
over 30 years in the MA, full contact ( empty hand and stick), military, bouncing, it all adds up and I am grateful that I ALWAYS too into account health and not just performance because some of my contemporaries are in some bad shape.
I have a few injuries that I MUST work around and it kind of sucks but such is life ( sum of our experiences, right?).
Still, more than anything else I think that it's the looking back at what we "used to do" that drives us a bit crazy since we can't do that anymore.

David Jamieson
07-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Mileage dude, not the year of the car, is what counts, LOL !
It adds up, the wear and tear...
over 30 years in the MA, full contact ( empty hand and stick), military, bouncing, it all adds up and I am grateful that I ALWAYS too into account health and not just performance because some of my contemporaries are in some bad shape.
I have a few injuries that I MUST work around and it kind of sucks but such is life ( sum of our experiences, right?).
Still, more than anything else I think that it's the looking back at what we "used to do" that drives us a bit crazy since we can't do that anymore.

True enough, most of the guys i know who are my age that are not working tradesmen or don't train are essentially big bags of jello and bones. That's western living for you. :p