PDA

View Full Version : Building a lean body

lotusleaf
09-10-2001, 11:56 AM
How do I lean and tone my body? I have been stuck at 195 for 3 years now with a weight variation of plus or minus 3lbs. I'm not lean by all means and I work out regularly at the gym lifting weights mostly and do some MA exercises eg: thrust punches, blocks, kicks etc... just the basic concepts and techniques.

Kumkuat
09-10-2001, 02:11 PM
reduce your body fat through diet along with your exercises.

nospam
09-10-2001, 03:30 PM
In my opinion you must first look at how you are lifting weights. If you are lifting heavy, then you should consider modifying your regimine and go lighter as you begin to decrease your food intake.

You need to modify the amount and the quality of food you consume. Look at your dietary habits and start from there. Drop your poundages at the gym and go for more high reps.

The hardest part of anything usully is at the beginning. By the second week if you can maintain your discipline, it gets easier. You should notice weight loss from anywhere between 2-4 pounds depending on how you go about it during the first two weeks. Watch when you eatn as well. Eating too soon before you go to bed will do nothing for you besides making your goal that much harder.

After about 3 weeks, if you like, start increasing your weight at the gym. Do some research into healthier foods. Don't worry, you won't miss rotten ronnies for too long ;)

To lean out, all you need is a little mind with your body.

nospam.

ElPietro
09-10-2001, 08:26 PM
Don't decrease your weight. Higher reps won't help you lose anymore weight...but it will waste your time. Diet is 80% of the battle to get lean...training isn't a huge part of it. Fix your diet and get your a$$ on a treadmill, cut some carbs out of your diet and increase protein and fat intake. If you do weight training and cardio at once do the weight training first. Last and most important is to cut sugars out as much as you can. Fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does. Cut out pop, most juice (or drink sparingly), and drink lotsa water.

lotusleaf
09-11-2001, 07:32 AM
I appreciate the help.

DarkKnight
09-11-2001, 07:00 PM
diet-diet-diet

IronFist
09-11-2001, 09:13 PM
Everything ElPietro said

Except, fat can make you fat too. Carbs (sugar) makes you fat depending on your carb sensitivity. Carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram, fat has 9. So, eating the same amount of carbs and fat will give you less total calories from the carbs.

Your body doesn't care from where the calories come. Absolutely the ONLY thing that matters in losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. There is no other way.

iron

Fu-Pow
09-12-2001, 07:28 PM
Watch you calories. The fastest way to burn subcutaneous fat is circuit training. Which is combination of weight training and aerobic excercise. You might look into some kind of program like this. It will lean you up real fast.

Fu-Pow
http://www.makskungfu.com/images/Graphics/Choy%20Lay%20Fut%20red.gif