PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Portland, Oregon

monk64
08-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Hello...I didn't see an "introductions" forum so I figured I'd drop a line here.

I live in Portland, Oregon and have a background in San Soo (from Bill Hulsey in Bellflower, CA) and Kenpo (Dave Hebler, others). I really enjoy both arts. I've had a little exposure (not enough to call myself a student) to Wing Chun and Jow Ga.

I've always wanted to study a very traditional form of kung fu. The Chinese martial arts scene in Portland is not exactly hopping - we have a lot of TKD, McDojos, Ninjas, and some other Korean arts here.

BTW, I have a hard time finding KF Magazine. I remember it well. I'm in my 40s and am old enough to remember the 1970s kung fu boom, before the 80s Ninja crowd became the rage.

jdhowland
08-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Welcome.

You must introduce yourself to Gregory Fong if you want to see the traditional.

Raipizo
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey there monk64. If you want to find a style just ask, with the forums large size I'm sure someone has some references.

Element7
08-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Sifu John Koo teaches Bamboo Forest Temple Praying Mantis (from the Wong Yuk Kong and Lee Wing Sing lineages) and internal martial arts (Yang, Chen, and Sun styles of Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing I Chuan, I Chuan, and Baguazhang).

http://www.chinesefistology.com/

Dale Dugas
08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Shifu Koo trained with very good Jooklumgee Tong Long Pai.

His hand is high.