PDA

View Full Version : Xing Yi Quan book by Mike Patterson

RickMatz
08-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I just saw this and ordered it.

Xingyi: A Means to an End. (http://www.amazon.com/Xingyi-Means-End-Mike-Patterson/dp/0985855703/ref=sr_1_175?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343913165&sr=1-175&keywords=martial+arts)

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Please post up a review when you've read it Rick. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

RickMatz
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Mike Pattersons’ Xingyi: A Means to an End is an excellent reference for a Xingyiquan student.

It was a pleasure to read a well thought out and produced book on the theory and practice of Xingyiquan.

Besides going in depth on just what is taking place with each of the Five Elements and Twelve Animals sets, Mr Patterson describes his own system of how to teach his students to actually fight with what they’ve learned from Xingyiquan practice. Not just applications or examples, but a theoretical, systematic and practical bridge from the classical exercises to combat.

He also recounts the history of xingyiquan in general and the Tang Shou Tao school of xingyiquan in particular. I particularly enjoyed his storytelling and anecdotes.

The margins of my copy will soon be filled with notes. This is the Xingyiquan book I’ve been looking for.