PDA

View Full Version : Question for the owner of this forum and moderators.

Hendrik
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Here is a question for the owner of this forum and the moderators.

What do is your view on these type of posting?

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1183515&postcount=16

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1183611&postcount=17

I personally, think, these type of high jacking the topic posting are dragging Down the quality of the forum, and will cause this forum to die off .

GlennR
08-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Here is a question for the owner of this forum and the moderators.

What do is your view on these type of posting?

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1183515&postcount=16

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1183611&postcount=17

I personally, think, these type of high jacking the topic posting are dragging Down the quality of the forum, and will cause this forum to die off .

Thats ok Hendrick, you can set your yik kam 1850 attack dog on us trollers!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GrGywM0PI

ps. he needs work on his structure ;)

anerlich
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Personally, I'm more concerned about medically unqualified posters making grandiose, unsubstantiated and misleading claims about the impact of their training methods on health.

IMO these people will be responsible for the slow death of WC and this forum.

Sihing73
08-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Hendrick,

I will reply although I have not read every single post in either thread.

I do believe that there may be some friction between yourself and at least one other member of this forum. It seems that among some no discussion is likely.

Part of this could be from a lack of maturity on the part of some and also from a lack of actual explanation of some of the concepts put forth. It is very easy to make claims about this or that, but when asked for specific details the inability or unwillingness to provide such in a clear and concise manner makes such concepts, no matter how "advanced" less likely to be accepted.

This is a place to share knowledge and help promote the art and make it better. To be unwilling to share details is not likely to be of benefit to anyone. Also, the inability to accept that others have valid viewpoints will also be ill received.

I will say something that I tell my kids:
If one person says something about you then there is the possibility that it is right or wrong. When more than one person says the same thing; it is more likely that the view expressed is right, or at least has some validity. Of course several saying or believing the same thing does not make something correct.

This is only my opinion so please take it as such and with only a grain of salt.
If the show fits put it on if not then don't worry about it.

Hendrik
08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Hendrick,

I will reply although I have not read every single post in either thread.

I do believe that there may be some friction between yourself and at least one other member of this forum. It seems that among some no discussion is likely.

Part of this could be from a lack of maturity on the part of some and also from a lack of actual explanation of some of the concepts put forth. It is very easy to make claims about this or that, but when asked for specific details the inability or unwillingness to provide such in a clear and concise manner makes such concepts, no matter how "advanced" less likely to be accepted.

This is a place to share knowledge and help promote the art and make it better. To be unwilling to share details is not likely to be of benefit to anyone. Also, the inability to accept that others have valid viewpoints will also be ill received.

I will say something that I tell my kids:
If one person says something about you then there is the possibility that it is right or wrong. When more than one person says the same thing; it is more likely that the view expressed is right, or at least has some validity. Of course several saying or believing the same thing does not make something correct.

This is only my opinion so please take it as such and with only a grain of salt.
If the show fits put it on if not then don't worry about it.

Thanks for your view.

k gledhill
08-16-2012, 08:10 PM
You noticed I moderated my own threads by deletion, once hijacked. ;)

Frost
08-17-2012, 02:50 AM
You noticed I moderated my own threads by deletion, once hijacked. ;)

you mean once anyone dare question you and your demigod PB :)

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2012, 05:33 AM
When you post BS and get called on your BS, don't complain.
You can always try stop posting BS OR at the very least, back up your views with something OTHER than MORE BS.

Just saying...

Or you can take the ***** way out and delete your threads.
:p

k gledhill
08-17-2012, 07:48 AM
you mean once anyone dare question you and your demigod PB :)

No , when a thread gets hijacked. You make any random post, like now, and it snowballs from there.

Frost
08-17-2012, 08:00 AM
No , when a thread gets hijacked. You make any random post, like now, and it snowballs from there.

so like when you repeatedly posted that picture of Anderson with a wooden man and I simply posted who his real teachers were and clips of them so we could see where he got his real skills from.....that was random and had no bearing on the thread in hand? :rolleyes:

JPinAZ
08-17-2012, 08:16 AM
I think hendrik needs to wear some bigger panties, his seem to keep bunching up :p

Good lord, did he really start a thread to whine about me giving him a krap after he drags me into a thread I wasn't even involved in and then making comments about HFY in a thread no HFY guy was even active on? He's been actively trolling around here for the past week or two, I don't hear everyone else crying about it like he is, they just deal with him.

My advice: Henrik, if you can't take it, maybe you shouldn't go looking for it. Your game is pretty clear to all, sorry you're just not good at it. BTW, in case you didn't notice, this is a kung fu forum about a fighting art - you get what you give, just like in sparring (for those that actually spar, they get this perfectly). I say either get some tougher skin or stop looking for fights. Or, maybe just try another hobby, fighting arts just might not be for you ;)

** for the record, in that link hendrik quoted me on was no hijack, I gave my view on the topic AND supported it with WC principle and theory.

k gledhill
08-17-2012, 08:55 AM
so like when you repeatedly posted that picture of Anderson with a wooden man and I simply posted who his real teachers were and clips of them so we could see where he got his real skills from.....that was random and had no bearing on the thread in hand? :rolleyes:

I post a picture of A.S. with a dummy in a VT forumand YOU hijacked it with random posts about other coaches and completely ignore the initial post...:confused:
I post an interview with A.S. saying he trained VT , along with other MA...same. You have a history of hijacking, rude.

Hebrew Hammer
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Lads let it go...geez, it's only an internet forum. Life is not fair, take this for what it is, get what you can out of it, have some fun and just get over the internet injustices that occur. You can't control what everyone else does only how you respond to it.

What time is happy hour?

HumbleWCGuy
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Hendrik tends to anger people because if his intent on being esoteric. It's probably a bit of an Chinese thing. Perhaps it wouldn't seem so esoteric if we were Chinese?

The fact is, Hendrik makes not attempt to find common ground to communicate his ideas and people get sick of it.

On the other hand, others make no effort to understand Hendrik through the eyes of a Chinese person which is weird since this is a TCMA board.

A little bit of cultural relativism would on everyone's part would resolve this.

You can argue back and forth about Hendrik and whether he is a good fighter or bad fighter or what, but I find most of what he says as at least reasonable discussion starters.

@PLUGO
08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I understand there's also an IGNORE feature which might help folks keep focused on the discussions they want to have.

YouKnowWho
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
On the other hand, others make no effort to understand Hendrik through the eyes of a Chinese person which is weird since this is a TCMA board.

I'm a Chinese and I understand exactly what he was trying to say. He tries to look at TCMA from the "solo training" point of view. We may all had done that some point of time in our life. The problem is no matter how much time that you may have spent in "solo training", if you don't train with partner, your "solo training" will become "for health only". When he tried to transform a combat art into a "health exercise", we should express different opinions about it.

Bacon
08-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Hendrik tends to anger people because if his intent on being esoteric. It's probably a bit of an Chinese thing. Perhaps it wouldn't seem so esoteric if we were Chinese?

The fact is, Hendrik makes not attempt to find common ground to communicate his ideas and people get sick of it.

A little bit of cultural relativism would on everyone's part would resolve this.

You can argue back and forth about Hendrik and whether he is a good fighter or bad fighter or what, but I find most of what he says as at least reasonable discussion starters.

When it come to martial arts there's no Chinese, Japanese, European, etc., point of view. Martial arts has one measuring stick no matter where you come from, combative efficacy.

HumbleWCGuy
08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
When it come to martial arts there's no Chinese, Japanese, European, etc., point of view. Martial arts has one measuring stick no matter where you come from, combative efficacy.

We all have two arms and two legs; I get that. There are objective truths to martial arts, but nonetheless, we are all beings with various cultures and biases. If you want to discuss martial arts or anything with people from other cultures, you have to make an effort to understand that.

HumbleWCGuy
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm a Chinese and I understand exactly what he was trying to say. He tries to look at TCMA from the "solo training" point of view. We may all had done that some point of time in our life. The problem is no matter how much time that you may have spent in "solo training", if you don't train with partner, your "solo training" will become "for health only". When he tried to transform a combat art into a "health exercise", we should express different opinions about it.

Perhaps, but honestly, unless you are a top pro, 3 or 4 hours per week with people is about all you can get. If you are a good athlete, good sparring partners can be few and far between.

YouKnowWho
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Agree that we won't have training partner 24/7. This is why we will need training equipments such as heavy bag, striking dummy, throwing dummy, WC wooden dummy, .... To spend 3 hours on equipment (such as WC wooden dummy) will give you more benefit than just striking into the thin air for 3 hours. The reason is simple, your dummy will be your "reference point" and not the thin air.

imperialtaichi
08-17-2012, 02:37 PM

Please do not insult Chinese fighters. It is NOT a Chinese thing.

imperialtaichi
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Perhaps, but honestly, unless you are a top pro, 3 or 4 hours per week with people is about all you can get. If you are a good athlete, good sparring partners can be few and far between.

My Kung Fu brother Sifu Micke just came back from Singapore after fighting with someone who has lightning fast hands and interesting techniques. We are working together, I'm looking into my KL22 strategies and he his Shaolin methods to come up with a way to deal with this fighter and try him out again next time in Singapore. That's how Chinese fighters do it.

Frost
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I post a picture of A.S. with a dummy in a VT forumand YOU hijacked it with random posts about other coaches and completely ignore the initial post...:confused:
I post an interview with A.S. saying he trained VT , along with other MA...same. You have a history of hijacking, rude.

so what exactly did you want to talk about, that wing chun helped him in the cage? that he is a wing chun man? none of that is true and to prove it i posted clips of his actual coaches and what he actually uses in the ring, and to counter you took your ball home and deleted the thread

k gledhill
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
so what exactly did you want to talk about, that wing chun helped him in the cage? that he is a wing chun man? none of that is true and to prove it i posted clips of his actual coaches and what he actually uses in the ring, and to counter you took your ball home and deleted the thread

I posted a picture of him on a VT dummy and an article, in which HE says he did VT , among other arts, the rest is your BS mind at work....proving an argument you had with yourself...while hijacking it with more random arguing..

anerlich
08-18-2012, 12:54 AM

The thing with Hendrik ain't a Chinese/gwailo thing. It's a sane/crackpot thing.