PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Bruce Lee fans

firepalm
11-02-2001, 03:29 AM
Read this sobering look at the 'myth' of Bruce Lee http://www.myodynamics.com/articles/bruce.html
Interesting but the fanatics out there will probably just dismiss it.

soy
11-02-2001, 03:30 AM
http://www.lakungfu.com/sifujackmanwong.html

Has an article about bruce lee :)

dedalus
11-02-2001, 07:01 AM
That article was really interesting Soy... it certainly stands in stark contrast to Linda Lee's story, not to mention the protrayal of events in *Dragon*.

Actually, that whole website is very interesting - I'd definitely pay a visit if I was living in LA. It sounds like a wonderful environment to train in.

Ryu
11-02-2001, 11:08 AM
*ring ring ring*

Bruce: Hello?

Ryu: Hey guess what?

Bruce: You again?! What do you want now??

Ryu: They've made a page dedicated to trying to scientifically say you weren't that good.

Bruce: Who the hell cares? I'm in the middle of a chess game with Ghandi up here! You're gonna make me lose!

Ryu: But they have this page that...

Bruce: Why don't they get a hobby?

Ryu: They wanna know if you were good or not.

Bruce: Yeah I was okay, now tell them to give it a rest.

Ryu: Will do. Don't expect a miracle.

Bruce: Don't worry I don't.

This visual recording of the heavenly phone call with the real Bruce Lee brought to you by Ryu
:D

http://judoinfo.com/images/kimuraosawa.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Fish of Fury
11-02-2001, 12:50 PM
good one Ryu,
i was about to say that the guy who wrote that was a whiney little b!tch, but you expressed it much more eloquently :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Shaolindynasty
11-02-2001, 10:27 PM
Yeah, some people have dedicated their whole life to proving Bruce wasn't a god....duh. About the article, I think people who said he was strong were talking about his striking and fighting strength not how much he could squat. Trying to measure someones MA abilities by what they lift and how fast they ran is flawed at best. Also what's with the part where he complains that Bruce was unmoral and according to Funakoshi one had to be moral to be considered good? This guy seems insucure to me. Bruce may have not been the best but at least I am secure enough to admit he was good.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

BAI HE
11-03-2001, 02:39 AM
Sort of like Funakoshi or Chen Man Ching looking skinny and kind of old.

While they probably couldn't squat 225 for 10, they'd KO out 10 out of 10.

Eastern medicine and Western medicine differ so greatly it's not even funny. Different philosophies in regard to lifestyle, training and movement.

Keep comparing apples to Oranges. This is so old.
I guess Wong Jack Man asked for a rematch after Bruce died. Just like everyone else will 2nd guess his talent.

Kung Lek
11-03-2001, 03:25 AM
I'd just like to say that I don't think Jet Li could actually hit someone with a motorcycle. Also, I'm pretty sure that Chuck Norris isn't really a Texas Ranger. Steven Seagal can probably lift his weight in cheeseburgers. Jean Claude Van Damme when threatened will do the splits all over you.Dolph Lundgren really did have a thing with Grace Jones. Ralph Machio has bad posture when standing on stumps at the beach.

But, Jackie Chan actually did jump off a roof onto another building without breaking anything!

Myo that ya disser of our faves!
peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

jimmy23
11-03-2001, 05:10 AM
of course Bruce wasnt the "best" , but he was a serious martial artist, and he brought the love of martial arts to millions of people (me included). Too bad he died so young, or we would have had NHB in America by the mid 1980s

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

straight blast
11-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Yet another w*nker bagging Bruce Lee. This was old about 4 minutes after his death. So many "experts". So much bulls**t. He was awesome. Get over it. A lot of people have made a lot of claims since he died. I notice they all were pretty quiet while he was alive. Bah. This is pathetic.
He wasn't God. But I haven't met any of his critics who were anywhere near as good as him. And as for the people who claim (posthumously) that they beat him...well there's a word for you, but this forum won't print it.
Get on with your lives & maybe try to learn something from someone who did what you all can only do in your wildest imagination.
Oh yeah, I don't bag dead people. "Dead people don't hit back"

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

DragonzRage
11-03-2001, 09:36 PM
Amen, Straight Blast.

Ryu, that was friggin awesome :D

"The UFC spawned a new breed of "mixed martial artists." World-class wrestlers learned to kickbox. Champion kickboxers learned to grapple. (The karate experts learned to stay home.)"