PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful UK made wooden dummies

wc1967
08-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Yesterday I payed a visit to Five Stones Joinery in Littlehampton to discuss having a wooden dummy made for me.
I was so impressed that I'm placing an order for one tomorrow.

I met up with Dan and Mike to discuss tailoring the dummy to my individual needs. They are changing the design of the frame they usually make to suit my irregular mounting requirements. I was also able to choose from a variety of wood for the dummy, several different arm and leg types, lamination details, and either a freestanding or wall mounted frame.

They have the first dummy they made on display for you to try, to make sure that it feels right for you and to ensure that it's the correct height. Even though this dummy was their prototype the quality is so much better than any made in bulk imported dummy I've ever seen. Everything about it shows an amazing level of craftsmanship and extremely high standards. Dan ensured me that the dummies they are now producing are of even higher quality.

Once I've placed my order, photos will be taken at every step of the build process and I will have a complete record of my dummy being made.

Once the dummy is finished it will be assembled and loosely mounted at their factory for me to go and make sure that everything is to my liking, and if there are last minute modifications they can be done then and there ready for to take the dummy home with me.

I'm going to get mine made in Iroka hardwood, and they are charging me £575 since I'm going to pick it up myself.

If anyone else is interested, I've been sent photos of the previous customers assembled dummy that I could mail to you to show you how good they are.