PDA

View Full Version : Wu Toy San Ling Qung--treasured secret book? Types of "Kung"

LaterthanNever
08-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Does anyone remember the 16 types of "kung" listed in the Kung Fu:History, Traditions and People" book by Richard Chow and David Spangler?

There is Red Sand Palm, Leaping Kung, Iron Broom Kung, Jade Belt Kung,etc.

Some of them seem possible..others? I'm a little skeptical..

Like in Red Sand Palm it says to practice pulverizing red sand until it is a powder.

Um..isn't sand technically just about as close to a powder consistency as one can get?

It then states you can kill someone from a distance just by making the rubbing motion of sand being pulverized..

Thoughts? Anyone?

jdhowland
08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I got that book in hardcover when it first came out. It's pretty good, really. Never have seen anything to equal it as a general review of training available in Hong Kong and environs.

Chow and Spangler were not claiming that all these skills were effective (like ringing a bell from a distance by pointing at it). One of the chapters had the words "fatuous and fantastic" in the title which shows that they were passing on some of the glamorous tales from novels and folk legend.

Crushing red sand (cinnabar) into a powder is a very deadly technique. When you inhale the powder it will kill you very slowly and painfully.

Lucas
08-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I got that book in hardcover when it first came out. It's pretty good, really. Never have seen anything to equal it as a general review of training available in Hong Kong and environs.

Chow and Spangler were not claiming that all these skills were effective (like ringing a bell from a distance by pointing at it). One of the chapters had the words "fatuous and fantastic" in the title which shows that they were passing on some of the glamorous tales from novels and folk legend.

Crushing red sand (cinnabar) into a powder is a very deadly technique. When you inhale the powder it will kill you very slowly and painfully.

perhaps thats what is meant is to crush the sand into fine powder then use it as a short range projectile weapon? :eek:

jdhowland
08-23-2012, 11:34 AM
perhaps thats what is meant is to crush the sand into fine powder then use it as a short range projectile weapon? :eek:

Yeah, but it's worse than the delayed death touch. It could take years before they die.

Lucas
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, but it's worse than the delayed death touch. It could take years before they die.

even better!!!!! like they say, revenge is a dish best served cold. in this case i would like to say one of mine own. a slow death is best served over several years of pain!!! :D at least thats one thing i've learned from women!! ZING

IronFist
08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Not sure why you posted this same thread in two forums but I wrote a long reply in the training forum thread.