PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Horse Stance!

soulfist
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Finally, a perfect horse-stance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxQQ1kf5cU

Golden Arms
08-29-2012, 11:56 AM
The perfect horse stance is not tops of thighs parallel with the ground. The fact that I see this parroted all around the internet shows just how little understanding of actual body mechanics and structure people have. At lowest for training the bottoms of the thighs would be parallel to the ground.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 12:00 PM
everyone is just tearing Jake a new one at every turn. Its far from perfect, but with some minor adjustments it could be.

hskwarrior
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
everyone is just tearing Jake a new one at every turn. Its far from perfect, but with some minor adjustments it could be.

if the chump wasn't so self centered and a fukkin fraud.....he could get some good pointers from people. as it is, he thinks he is completely perfect in every way. no one is as good as he or can do things for as long as he claims. punk ass chump i say.

also, that whack ass horse stance he's doing isn't good for nothin but a pose. he'd get clobbered clubber lang style.

soulfist
08-29-2012, 12:15 PM
You know, I barely read that discussion on this guy, and dont really care either way. I found this clip and didnt know it was the same guy until it was just mentioned. Anyway, I put this up not to beat the guy down although I did find it obnoxious, but to raise the question "how do we determine what is the perfect horse stance" and see what people think.

How did he qualify that to be the perfect horse stance? Hes not the first one either to do it like that and think it glows. But how do others feel about this stance and how it should be performed?

Might as well put my own opinion too. I think the bottom of the thighs should be level with the top of the knees, otherwise the hips are too open and lose power and stability, mostly when transitioning. I also think the feet should be angled outward, around 15 to 30 degrees, to that the knees are not too stressed. Looking from the side, the crown of the head should be over the perineum, and the perineum should be over the instep of the foot. You cant put too much strain on the joints with torquing them, and you have to be able to transition properly, so I think it can be qualified but needs to be asked why.

hskwarrior
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
How did he qualify that to be the perfect horse stance? Hes not the first one either to do it like that and think it glows. But how do others feel about this stance and how it should be performed?

self appointed. feels it was mandated by the god of Kungarate. FUK HIM

the guy sticks his chest and and arches his back and talks about how he flexes his biceps. **** HIM. lol

i still can't get over him saying that a monkey has a BEAK. a fukin beak, and in the form he does he says the monkey raises twin beaks.

MONKEY BEAKS......
while using MANTIS HANDS TO BOOT! :eek:

he won't fight in that horse....so why practice it so wide? cause he's GREAT...just ask the chump.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I noticed you are the most disgruntaled of all, understandable so.

He definately needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Its funny what can happen to a guy in a couple years.He used to be pretty humble kid.

I guess after being kicked out twice and winning a lawsuit against Sin The' hes pretty full of himself.

btw the Shaolin Wu Hsing form is from the book. period. :)

hskwarrior
08-29-2012, 12:25 PM
if the chump didn't steal our form, re-label it, and then has no obvious clue to how its performed or applied, i could care less. but i HATE kungarate especially when their isn't a true gung fu root to that chumpish tree.

Golden Arms
08-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Horse for fighting and horse for developing the body are done differently. The horse for training builds and develops attributes used in the horse "stance" one would use fighting, but in fighting it is a shape you move through, and must be dynamic. There seems to be so much misunderstanding out there in the Chinese martial arts.

David Jamieson
08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
monkey beaks... wtf? Seriously though, that's hilarious!

I'm gonna get a shirt: Monkey Beaks! :p

David Jamieson
08-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Horse for fighting and horse for developing the body are done differently. The horse for training builds and develops attributes used in the horse "stance" one would use fighting, but in fighting it is a shape you move through, and must be dynamic. There seems to be so much misunderstanding out there in the Chinese martial arts.

it's all the monkey beaks. Those don't help one iota.

Next up: Fish Claws!

Lucas
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Dont forget the Tiger Fin and the Crane's Roar.

Lucas
08-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Anyone who claims that anything they are doing as perfect, has a lot to learn. Sure, I've seen worse horse stances. Also the idea of what is 'ideal' can and does vary from style to style...human physiology aside...

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
if the chump didn't steal our form, re-label it, and then has no obvious clue to how its performed or applied, i could care less. but i HATE kungarate especially when their isn't a true gung fu root to that chumpish tree.totally agree. he didnt steal, it he was taught it by his teachers who borrowed / stole it.!. but to lie and say all this other stuff is BS. he needs to be honest about it. I learned it from both SD / CSC and DFW lineage student. Its like night and day.

Lucas
08-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Why not just learn the real set then from the style it originates with? Why perpetuate garbage?

i confuse

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Why not just learn the real set then from the style it originates with? Why perpetuate garbage?

i confuse If sin the learned it from DFW or Lau Bu lineage then he would have a claim to it, but a book? Its his ego, know wonder jake is so high on himself.

Lucas
08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
If sin the learned it from DFW or Lau Bu lineage then he would have a claim to it, but a book? Its his ego, know wonder jake is so high on himself.

well at least he was able to fully incorporate one of his teachers lessons!! :eek: :D

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 12:58 PM
well at least he was able to fully incorporate one of his teachers lessons!! :eek: :Dyeah no SH!T!! haha

YouKnowWho
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
That guy's horse stance is "too wide".

If you use your right foot to "spring" his left foot from inside out, it doesn't take much force to take him down. That's the principle - if you want to stand wide, I'll help you to stand even wider. If he makes that horse stance smaller, you will find it gets harder to "spring" him down. When he makes his horse stance much smaller, you will find out that it gets much more harder to spring his left leg from inside out. But you will also find out that it will get easier to sweep his left foot from outside in. That's the principle - if you want to stand narrow, I'll help you to stand narrower. When you find that balance point, it's hard to spring from inside, and also hard to sweep from outside, you have found the "best horse stance".

It's a bell curve. There is only one spot that can give you the best balance for your horse stance.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2254/bellcurve.jpg

Golden Arms
08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Agreed, that sounds like a good way of explaining the feeling of a horse stance for fighting. If you are developing the body you may use the same angles, but add some twisting of the tissues to take up the slack and get the body to develop them further.

hskwarrior
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Monk Beaks, Tiger-monkeys doing the worm. he also called the Identifiably HUNG GAR single finer point to the sky a crane hand. cranes have hands? :eek:

anyway, mr rydberg uses words like AWESOME, THE BEST, PERFECT....etc in reference to himself. look at how he stares into the camera with that empty gaze he has. its a little like a serial narcissistic psycho douche bag

Lucas
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l8GFIQjSVrA/S8wuXl4iFII/AAAAAAAAAEk/uDep9iNgNzI/s1600/horse%2Bstance-00023.jpg

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 04:12 PM
That guy's horse stance is "too wide".

If you use your right foot to "spring" his left foot from inside out, it doesn't take much force to take him down. That's the principle - if you want to stand wide, I'll help you to stand even wider. If he makes that horse stance smaller, you will find it gets harder to "spring" him down. When he makes his horse stance much smaller, you will find out that it gets much more harder to spring his left leg from insid out. But you will also find out that it will get easier to sweep his left foot from outside in. That's the principle - if you want to stand narrow, I'll help you to stand narrower. When you find that balance point, it's hard to spring from inside, and also hard to sweep from outside, you have found the "best horse stance".

It's a bell curve. There is only one spot that can give you the best balance for your horse stance.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2254/bellcurve.jpg I totally agree with this.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l8GFIQjSVrA/S8wuXl4iFII/AAAAAAAAAEk/uDep9iNgNzI/s1600/horse%2Bstance-00023.jpg the feet are still turned out a little too much and he is leaning a little too forward. but way better than jakes.

Lucas
08-29-2012, 04:18 PM
i just wanted to make you guys look at a sweaty monk crotch :D

bawang
08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
the feet are still turned out a little too much and he is leaning a little too forward. but way better than jakes.

WRONG

he is doing it correctly

Empty_Cup
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
the feet are still turned out a little too much and he is leaning a little too forward. but way better than jakes.

This isn't really a good comparison. The monk looks to be a lot shorter than Jake and so will naturally look more compact. The way his legs are bent if you viewed him from the side you'd probably critique him for "sticking his butt out too far." Whereas if he opened his legs more to be more coplanar you'd criticize him for being "too wide." There are only so many ways to bend.

IMO a deep horse stance is primarily a training stance. I don't think anybody expects to have superior mobility from this stance vs. a higher stance.

Empty_Cup
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKa53AJslkg

This is a nice one...

shaolin_allan
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Jake is just one of plenty of BAD sifus in Phoenix. Shaolin Do is not even the only plague of bad kung fu in town I can think of 3 others which make up pretty much most all the schools here. There's a few good teachers in town but I use the word few very sparingly.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKa53AJslkg

This is a nice one...
It's good and best so far, but his feet are still turned out, or externally rotated. Just like our shoulders and hips, our feet should be squared to the outside not the inside. With jakes you have the anterior pelvic tilt and the lack of using the drawing maneuver to put his hips in a neutral pelvic position. He compromises his posture by abducting his legs too far from the medial line for depth etc .....

YouKnowWho
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
IMO a deep horse stance is primarily a training stance. I don't think anybody expects to have superior mobility from this stance vs. a higher stance.

It's more than just a training stance. the

- hip throw,
- shoulder throw,
- embracing throw,

are all built on a correct "horse stance". The horse stance, bow-arrow stance, and golden rooster stance are the 3 major stances used in the throwing art.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2012, 11:27 PM

- hip throw,
- shoulder throw,
- embracing throw,

are all built on a correct "horse stance". The horse stance, bow-arrow stance, and golden rooster stance are the 3 major stances used in the throwing art.+ 1 most people don't understand that these postures work both statically and dynamically. The more structurally and mechanically accurate the posture is, the greater effectiveness or efficiency. Form and function are two sides of the same coin. If your form sucks, then your fuction is going to suck. There are a few pretty accurate sciences that will substantiate all this. :D

XinKuzi
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM

- hip throw,
- shoulder throw,
- embracing throw,

are all built on a correct "horse stance". The horse stance, bow-arrow stance, and golden rooster stance are the 3 major stances used in the throwing art.

+1

I'd rather take advice from someone who knows how to use it and not just "train" it.

The first video only shows some evidence of knowing how to sell it, but not train it or use it.

YouKnowWho
08-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Should the horse be

- parallel,
- outward, or
- inward?

If you apply a shoulder throw. At the end of you throw, both of your heels will come off the ground. You will stand on your toes (ball of your feet). Will you have better balance if your feet distance

- remain unchanged (parallel),
- increased (outward)? or
- decreased (inward)?

Which one will give your the best forward "spring" from your horse stance?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8901/hipthrow1jpg.jpg

bawang
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM
theres no such thing as correct feet position in horse stance. you need to change the feet position to continue to progress.

PalmStriker
08-31-2012, 08:43 PM
if the chump wasn't so self centered and a fukkin fraud.....he could get some good pointers from people. as it is, he thinks he is completely perfect in every way. no one is as good as he or can do things for as long as he claims. punk ass chump i say.

also, that whack ass horse stance he's doing isn't good for nothin but a pose. he'd get clobbered clubber lang style. LOL, you funny guy. Hung Gar War Palm horse stance is as low as one should go, otherwise use a practice bar and do the Limbo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_gE2S465w

hskwarrior
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
its good to have a sense of humor.

HungKuenH
09-02-2012, 10:45 PM
this one....

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n321/FrankyLau/389825_292481127462924_130816133_n.jpg

PalmStriker
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
What is a horse stance without a use for it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XF9mzwbh40

PalmStriker
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Or maybe this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-acRbxwpc&feature=related: :D

Golden Arms
09-04-2012, 09:40 AM
LOL, you funny guy. Hung Gar War Palm horse stance is as low as one should go, otherwise use a practice bar and do the Limbo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_gE2S465w

What are you referring to here? War palm the fairly recently created form that is done in some Hung Gar lineages (no specific stance is associated with this form that I am aware of), or an actual stance called War Palm Horse Stance?