PDA

View Full Version : U.F.O. or no?

hskwarrior
08-30-2012, 08:24 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/614463_10151067947227732_1504198891_o.jpg

Syn7
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
:rolleyes: no

A picture will never be enough. Sorry. I've seen some great vids, but none that couldn't be faked.

That fact or faked paranormal show is on right now. These people are not using the scientific method properly. They do a decent effort at recreating the vids, but in the end their bias shows thru. They want to see a ghost, it fukcs with their results. A real scientist wants to learn the truth, whatever it may be. A real scientist only forms a hypothesis ready for testing thru experimentation and observation after considerable data collection and dissection. They aren't supposed to just go out and prove an irrational belief. Some do, but it's usually counterproductive to start an investigation with that mindframe. It just isn't the best headspace for honest use of the scientific method.

hskwarrior
08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
so what is it then?

Jimbo
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
hsk,
Is the image in the upper right the same object? It looks exactly like the same object in the night photo...same angle, same details. Perhaps it was photoshopped(?) with the lighting changed. I dunno, that would be my guess.

Not to say I don't believe in these things, because from personal experience I know for a fact that a lot of things most people don't believe in are real. I didn't experience UFOs but other phenomena, sometimes alone and more than once with others present. Would these things have replicated themselves for some scientists? Probably not. Whatever intelligences are behind various phenomena like these do not show up and perform on cue like circus animals. And that's the problem in most cases when people try to conduct 'scientific' investigations on them. Then when the activity/experience doesn't duplicate itself for the scientists, most then conclude that it doesn't exist.

Syn7
08-31-2012, 12:11 AM
It's on you to tell us what it is. I'm sure you have done exhaustive research if you have a position.

Who took it?
Is there video?
When was it taken...EXACTLY?
Where was it taken...EXACTLY?
Are there any airports, military bases, weather stations, or anything else that can field anything that can fly, within 200 miles?

Ughh, this is actually an exercise in futility..............

Syn7
08-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Digital manipulation. For sure. No Question.

MightyB
08-31-2012, 05:54 AM
As an avid fan of the photoshop... the first red flag - it's too bright. It's supposed to be night time. Amateur. <pfft>

If I fake a picture of big foot sh*ting in the woods, he's going to be next to the bear, and the light and shadows will be consistent for time of day, location, and the time of year.

David Jamieson
08-31-2012, 06:01 AM
The artifacting and pixelation around the object when blown up show a pretty clear rectangle around it that has been adjusted. I am going to have to say this is done with an iphone app or with a photoshop like program.

Having said that, since May of this year I've had several incidences of sightings of ufos at night moving like water bugs across the sky.

Right now, I am heavily leaning towards them being part of the internal surveillance by drones.

Shǎguā
08-31-2012, 06:18 AM
It's a blimp.

hskwarrior
08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
the person who took the pic has all the info in regards to camera, film, and what not.

LOL i actually sent to pic to Mufon and the responded by saying its compelling but needs more research. they are actually willing to investigate this.

Lucas
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
It's a blimp.

it does look like a blimp with a reader board across its side

Syn7
08-31-2012, 06:42 PM
The artifacting and pixelation around the object when blown up show a pretty clear rectangle around it that has been adjusted. I am going to have to say this is done with an iphone app or with a photoshop like program.

Having said that, since May of this year I've had several incidences of sightings of ufos at night moving like water bugs across the sky.

Right now, I am heavily leaning towards them being part of the internal surveillance by drones.

I thought the same thing at first. Thats why I said what I said up there^^^ but after taking another few seconds to compare to other parts of the pic I take back what I said before. The pixelation around the object is consistent with other objects that are bright but dark around them. Zoom into the Comfort Inn. I see the effect you are talking about but it's just low res digital pic, that's all. Not that it couldn't still be an add on, I'm just sayin that isn't proof.

That being said, the pic still isn't enough to spark my curiosity.
It could be anything. If it is not a digital manipulation, it is impossible to prove what it is without taking similar pics and creating a control group for comparison.
Really tho, who's gonna do that. The ghost/ufo hunters don't really do a very good job of eliminating all possibilities. Way too many assumptions.
I guess it could be a blimp. The only way to know for sure would be to hire a few diff blimps and take pics under the same conditions blah blah blah, a waste of time for a low res pic off some kids cell phone. Too bad he didn't have the smarts to switch it to video, that would be much better.

In the pic the object is either stationary or moving very slow, that is for sure. If it is a real pic, a blimp like machine is most likely, IMO.

What do you mean, you've had sightings? In your area? Reported to you?

hskwarrior
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
anaheim has been getting lots of ufo sighting lately. that was where the pic was taken. the possiblity of it being a blimp is real since there is a stadium close by. still, a blimp has a tail rutter or something like that and its missing in the image.

Syn7
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
the person who took the pic has all the info in regards to camera, film, and what not.

And you never asked them for particulars? You just believe? Did you ask any questions at all? Was it moving? Did it change speeds at all? did it turn? if so how sharp? Did it spin or rotate? Did it make noise?

I understand how some cats want to believe, but you can't let that factor into an assessment. Doing that is just asking for mistakes.

Syn7
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
anaheim has been getting lots of ufo sighting lately. that was where the pic was taken. the possiblity of it being a blimp is real since there is a stadium close by. still, a blimp has a tail rutter or something like that and its missing in the image.

Could be on a tether and a whole lot closer than it looks. Maybe a promotional baloon for some car lot or whatever. Who knows.

Dudes who hang glide at night use lights and cats always freak out when they see it. Triangle moving fluid and quiet in the black.

It's right above the stadium and there is a game going on.

hskwarrior
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
And you never asked them for particulars? You just believe? Did you ask any questions at all? Was it moving? Did it change speeds at all? did it turn? if so how sharp? Did it spin or rotate? Did it make noise?

Canon Camera Raw file Friday, August 17, 2012 8:20 PM 5184×3456 Canon EOS REBEL T2i 24-105mm L IS USM Lens

the dude never even noticed it till i mentioned it. i sent it to Mufon and they found it compelling. don't know whats gonna happen with it.

Syn7
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
What is mufon? Are you sure you didn't just get a standard reply. Anytime you write your congressman you get a letter back saying how great your ideas are regardless of what you actually wrote. lol, feel me? Send another and see what they say.

Considering there is a stadium with a game being played at the time the pic was taken and the object is pretty much right above the stadium, I would put money on it being a balloon or blimp of sorts. I'm no photography expert, but I can't find any signs of manipulation. I jumped the gun and made a dumb assumption the first time.

hskwarrior
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Dear Mr. McCarthy;

Your photo is compelling however the business office is not equipped to accept photo’s, Video’s or sighting reports.

In order for your submission to get the attention it deserves please go to www.mufon.com and click on “Report a UFO”. Fill out the form in its entirety and submit. A local investigator will contact you shortly thereafter.

Is the photo yours? If so, we can move it on for you.

Sincerely;

MUFON HQ

i think that is a real reply.

i understand

Syn7
08-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Form letter.

Pretty standard.

I'm just saying.... It looks like a blimp with a readerboard on it. Where do you see blimps? Ballgames. Just so happens right below the UFO there is a stadium with all the lights on and clearly in full swing of an event.

Who knows though, maybe some ET likes baseball.

Syn7
09-01-2012, 04:14 PM
That isn't a bad camera at all. Not the high end of the high end but most def a whole lot better than a Quicshot or an Iphone. This can't be the res of the original? Has it been scanned or processed between here and the camera?

Where is it uploaded? Did the uploader or site change the pic in order to re-size or anything like that? Maybe the original was too big?

I still think it's a blimp. With a better quality pic it may be easier to show exactly which model of blimp it is.

Did it occur to anyone to find out what game was being played that day and to call the park and just ask if there was a blimp or baloon in the air that night? That would be step #1. That could dead it all, right there. The longer you put that off the harder it will be to get an answer.

Fa Xing
09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I say blimp at a sporting event, if they are high enough, they look unusual. Plus they are usually very well-lit like that because they are advertising something.

Drake
09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
It neither vaporized the city, nor did it send an elite alien force down to imprison and enslave us. Ergo, it is not a UFO.

It looks like a blimp. In fact, it looks a lot like a blimp.

And whoever wrote that letter to you needs to be beaten down for inappropriate use of apostrophes.

David Jamieson
09-04-2012, 06:12 AM
@ syn- yes, I've seen multiple ufos at different times.

Time #1 - was a kid of about 6 or 7 yrs with my brother, we both saw the same disc brightly lit above the city we lived in.

Time#2 - was a teen of 13-14 yrs. Saw several "fireballs" over a river in the city.

Time#3 - 2008 - Ontario -Saw a fast traveling very bright white light heading from north to south, grew in brightness, developed a red halo then shot off to the east. 2 others witnessed it with me and one guy went into immediate denial and acted weird about it. Me and my other friend were "cool, that was cool".

Time#4. - May of 2012 above my back yard. At what appeared to be the ISS at first, then behavior changed an started moving like a water bug, zip left, dart right that sort of stuff, then becoming super bright and appearing to move up higher then disappeared.

Time#5. - June 2012 - same sighting as in may, but different area of sky.

Time#6. - June 2012- a repeat performance of 4 and 5 again.

Time#7. - July 2012- 2 of them this time and I was with my wife at dusk in the back yard. We looked up at some point and spotted two of these light frolicking about before they blinked out.

Time #8 - August-2012- White light, becomes orange pinpoint, moves down towards a field out back of my place, then blinks out.

I have no idea what these things are and hesitate to make any sort of jump to aliens from another world. these could be any number of things including natural phenomena or military hardware that is not yet publicly known.

Syn7
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
well, ufo just means you can't explain it. Don't worry, I won't jump to the conclusion that you believe that it must be aliens because you can't explain it. I know you well enough to know you smarter than that. Only the truly simple jump to such conclusions.

Fact is that the odds are like a googolplexplex to 1 that there isn't life out there. As for the odds of us connecting with that life, much much lower.

I've seen some weird sh1t, but nothing to make me think it was aliens. I usually just accept the fact that I prolly will never know what I saw, sooooooo.... yeah.

Wow, so many sightings of the same phenomena, that's pretty cool. What direction are you leaning in? Military? Civilian? or just plain don't know?
You in northern Ontario? Rural, city? I doubt they would test military hardware anywhere south of thunder bay unless it was a geographically specific task. Or maybe a project involving the border with the US.

I saw a shooting star do a 90 degree turn as if it was originally on a horizontal course then went away from the surface, like straight up. But from our perspective it was all quite visible and odd. Not sure what it was, not a shooting star, that's for sure. Most likely a private jet, but it's just a guess. Coulda been aliens, I suppose.

David Jamieson
09-05-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm just North of Toronto in the City of Markham.
We still get quite a lot of good night sky viewing as the light pollution isn't too high yet.

Because of the recent news about the internal surveillance with drones program and the X-47s et al, I am leaning towards military hardware. Way in the stratosphere and is bright because it is high enough to reflect the sun, moves in zig zags because it is controlled flight.

Probably unmanned high altitude craft. That's what I am leaning towards.

Syn7
09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm just North of Toronto in the City of Markham.
We still get quite a lot of good night sky viewing as the light pollution isn't too high yet.

Because of the recent news about the internal surveillance with drones program and the X-47s et al, I am leaning towards military hardware. Way in the stratosphere and is bright because it is high enough to reflect the sun, moves in zig zags because it is controlled flight.

Probably unmanned high altitude craft. That's what I am leaning towards.

I always thought Markham was part of TO. Minutes away tho.

I know the Americans are very paranoid about that border and have been whining for years for us to step up and match funds. It will never happen that way, but we have stepped up, kinda. Very possible they were surveillance drones or some other unmanned craft. When you see them covering a grid like that it's a bit of a giveaway. When you saw the two together were they mapping the same grid or were they running parallel or what?

That's what I think I saw, A plane high enough to shine. But the one I saw was only moving straight and only made one course change. from my perspective, that is.

poshmissy
09-11-2012, 10:00 PM
These days, it's really hard to determine in a photo if a UFO really exists for our technology is really evolving at it's best. Nevertheless, I still believe that there are other beings outside this world, we just have to be open minded. :)

David Jamieson
09-12-2012, 07:04 AM
These days, it's really hard to determine in a photo if a UFO really exists for our technology is really evolving at it's best. Nevertheless, I still believe that there are other beings outside this world, we just have to be open minded. :)

There are billions of worlds with living beings in all states of civilization from advanced to low end. there are worlds with creatures that are alive, but do not make anything, they just are alive.

We, as a species are just coming out of our infancy of understanding. there is still an ocean of impedance but it will get dried up as we learn more and more and more.

Eventually, we will put our myths and fears away and become a part of the greater scene. We still need to work on getting rid of our internal pitfalls to that.