PDA

View Full Version : could someone make me a dumbbell routine? PLEASE

chen zhen
09-27-2001, 07:48 PM
i know it sounds like reeves post, but i really need a good program since i dont know a lot of excersices. i only have one dumbbell(10kg=20 pounds) and the program should include most upper body muscles and is on monday-tuesday-friday and should only last between 15-20 minutes. i know it is a lot to be asking of you guys but PLEASE help me.

IronFist
09-27-2001, 09:00 PM
One 20lb dumbell may be good for curls, but that's about it. Maybe tricep kickbacks or whatever they're called (not that I usually advocate this exercise, but 20lbs and the leverage involved may make it effective for chen depending on his current fitness level)

Dude try my or Pavel's pushup programs that were posted a few months ago. They'll build mad upperbody strength and size (at least mine for size, dunno about Pavel's) provided you eat enough with it.

Do you have a place to do pullups? Otherwise you can't sufficiently work your back with a 20lb dumbell.

Iron

Lost_Disciple
09-27-2001, 09:15 PM
Well, he could try kettle bell snatches, kettlebell swings, and a few other kettlebell exercises with the dumbbell. Kettlebell weights start at around 16 pounds, so for a beginner a 20 pound weight wouldn't be so bad. I know dumbells aren't the recommended method for doing kettlebell exercises, but something's better than nothing.
Here's a link for some of the exercises:
http://www.testosterone.net/articles/170top92.html

Probably won't buff you up all that much, but you'd at least make some kind of gains.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

chen zhen
09-28-2001, 06:50 PM
i'll check out the pushup program'

SevenStar
09-29-2001, 10:24 AM
add hindu pushups to that also. They'll kill your shoulders and triceps.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

chen zhen
09-29-2001, 06:44 PM
What is the deal with these hindu pushups? how do you do them? and the hindu squats as well?