PDA

View Full Version : Ip Man: Final Battle

thedreamer7
09-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Interesting interview from Leo Au Yeung on the latest Ip Man movie.
http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/09/ip-man-final-battle.html

PalmStriker
09-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting interview link , dreamer, should be a movie to watch, Leo and Master Ip Chun rule! :)

Phil Redmond
09-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Wong Shun Leung clearly says the William Cheung (Chang in Mandarin), introduced Bruce Lee to Yip Man in this interview. But there is never any mention of that fact in movies about Bruce Lee and Yip Man. http://www.wongvingtsun.co.uk/wslbl.htm

thedreamer7
09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Wong Shun Leung clearly says the William Cheung (Chang in Mandarin), introduced Bruce Lee to Yip Man in this interview. But there is never any mention of that fact in movies about Bruce Lee and Yip Man. http://www.wongvingtsun.co.uk/wslbl.htm

Well first of all why does it matter? Also I think its clear those films are not 100% historically accurate...

PalmStriker
09-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks for posting the article, Phil! I had only read small parts of this information in other sources before. Very interesting. :)

Wayfaring
09-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Nice article Phil.

You can certainly see in the below paragraph that WSL was a man who understood the value of testing your art.

"In our lives, many unhappy incidents are caused by some very minor things. I think this kind of thing is very bad. Originally, a comparison is not a bad thing. You need it just like you need to experiment what you have learnt in the classroom. If they compare in a sincere and friendly way, it is good. A good comparison will give you more understanding about your Kung Fu. It will produce in you a deep impression. It will also make a contribution to Chinese martial arts. However, many elders are too narrow minded. They stress too much on winning. When their pupils lose their fight, they cannot stand it. This results in a struggle between the two sides. Frankly speaking, two young men will know each other better after a comparison and become good friends. On the other hand, whether one wins or loses is determined usually by the quality of the two fighters and not the quality of their clans. If not, there would not be any difference between two learners of same clan. In other words, the winner should not have pride for you are not defeating the expert of that clan. The loser should not give up. He should find out his weaknesses and work on them. It will help him a lot. If our elders are stubborn, our youngsters will find it difficult to behave. A good thing may become a bad one. It may also give rise to hostile feelings among different clans for a long time. This will give our people a wrong impression as to what martial arts is. For example, when Wing Chun and Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu have a match, the newspapers will publicise it to attract buyers. The propaganda will stir up hostile sentiments among the followers of the two clans. Misunderstanding will make it even more difficult to solve the difficult problem."

Vajramusti
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for posting interview link , dreamer, should be a movie to watch, Leo and Master Ip Chun rule! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that it is a fun movie. But "rule"? Movies are for entertainment- not for portraying accuracy or history!!

wtxs
09-05-2012, 10:36 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that it is a fun movie. But "rule"? Movies are for entertainment- not for portraying accuracy or history!!

Don't think he meant it that way, just an generational expression. I'm sure lots of you may remember and had used terms like b$tching, far out, heavy, totally ... or are we getting too old to remember? :p

Vajramusti
09-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't think he meant it that way, just an generational expression. I'm sure lots of you may remember and had used terms like b$tching, far out, heavy, totally ... or are we getting too old to remember? :p
----------------------------------------------------

Thx- I did not take it that way. Wing chun Hi-story according to Ip Chun is indeed far out but not totally heavy fiction.Not b$tching but lol.

wtxs
09-06-2012, 10:27 AM
----------------------------------------------------

Thx- I did not take it that way. Wing chun Hi-story according to Ip Chun is indeed far out but not totally heavy fiction.Not b$tching but lol.

Joy, your are blowing my mind man! The spin you laid on those expression are tripping. :cool:

Lee Chiang Po
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
These days and times it is hard to get off into a fiction movie. Even a true to fact movie can be hard to swallow at times. Ip was never that good in real life. I think I could have killed him in a fight lasting less than 10 seconds.

Vajramusti
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
These days and times it is hard to get off into a fiction movie. Even a true to fact movie can be hard to swallow at times. Ip was never that good in real life. I think I could have killed him in a fight lasting less than 10 seconds.
================================================== ===========

Some dream!! Verrry interesting-not zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lee Chiang Po
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
LOL?? Dream huh? What about the movies themselves? Are they not pure fiction? No one can do all that, and Ip Man certainly never did. And whats more, I really don't think he told it all like that either. In fact, I think most of it was made up. In his death he has recieved far more acclaim than during his entire life.

Vajramusti
09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
LOL?? Dream huh? What about the movies themselves? Are they not pure fiction? No one can do all that, and Ip Man certainly never did. And whats more, I really don't think he told it all like that either. In fact, I think most of it was made up. In his death he has recieved far more acclaim than during his entire life.
--------------------------------------------------

I was not talking about the movies- like most it's full of fiction. I was referring to your chest thumping fantasy... boring it is.

PalmStriker
09-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Gentleman Yip Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N2Z7rsrtLbQ

PalmStriker
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
AND: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnR6ozlILQ&feature=related