PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut (HSKWARRIOR)

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
The video was filmed sunday night while i was waiting for my students to show up. In the meantime i decided to record myself doing some random techniques that are found in our FORMS.

Fat this...fat that... i know i know. sh1t, i've dropped 35 lbs so far and still losing. so, if you're gonna try to be negative....don't trip. i take all as good criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJB1zDVCgqY

and here is some actual proof

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/599667_10150998643807732_322226226_n.jpg

Orion Paximus
09-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Question, and this may just be a Choy Lee Fut thing, but why are you tossing out jabs like a boxer? There isn't anything behind them but your shoulder muscle. No hip action at all. It is possible to deliver a devastating jab utilizing your body and losing no speed. Other than that coolio

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Question, and this may just be a Choy Lee Fut thing, but why are you tossing out jabs like a boxer? There isn't anything behind them but your shoulder muscle. No hip action at all. It is possible to deliver a devastating jab utilizing your body and losing no speed. Other than that coolio

do you see the shape of my hands? they're most in the PANTHER FIST yes? the straight jab like that in our HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT thats called our eye level punch but i'm aiming at your throat. yes, throat.

um, the video is from the mid torso UP...there's no way you can tell what my hips are doing. if you knew me, trained with me, or even watched me teach you would know that was a silly ( in a respectful way) thing to say. sorry, its how i see it. however, i ALWAYS put my hips and twist to work.

lastly, i've knocked out guys with less power than what i showed in the video. in fact, that was the LAZY me there in the video.

hey, thanks for watching it though. and thanks for your time to make a comment. appreciated. but from waist down you don't see my feet shifting positions, my waist turning, or anything else from the waist down. it was really just a spur of the moment thing i did while waiting for my students to show up.

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 11:18 AM
let me explain further, just to give you an idea of whether i use my hip or not.

power always come from the floor up. but, before my hands strike my waist will do its job. waist always moves before hands do. this i know way too well. if a came acorss harsh, my bad. wasn't intended.

Orion Paximus
09-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey I wasn't trying to criticize, I was merely wondering if it was something particular to the style.

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey I wasn't trying to criticize, I was merely wondering if it was something particular to the style.

even if you were bro, i take it all into consideration. didn't intend to come off too harsh. my bad

yeah, everything i did there is particular to Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut mixed with my own understanding of how to use the techniques.

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
lose more weight

my goal is 180.....on my way.

bawang
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
nice. when u get skinny you restore the honor for hung sing.

Lucas
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Hsk, not to put ur bidniz out there but didnt your weight come from a serious injury? Dont listen to people rag on you about weight. I know it doesnt get to you but you dont owe anyone anything in regard to proving your weight loss. If i remember correctly it was an accident that likely would have made most guys quit martial arts.

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Hsk, not to put ur bidniz out there but didnt your weight come from a serious injury? Dont listen to people rag on you about weight. I know it doesnt get to you but you dont owe anyone anything in regard to proving your weight loss. If i remember correctly it was an accident that likely would have made most guys quit martial arts.

Lucas, thank you bro. and yes, i gained a lot of weight because although i was semi walking everyone of the doctors taking care of me didn't know how i was doing it because i really didnt have the strength to do the most minor of exercises. the thing is, i just wouldn't give up. i really wanted to get back to gung fu and although i didn't have the strength to stand without the use of canes i refused to give up.

the road to get to even where i am today has been one of the toughest struggles of my life. but my body started to feel severe pain all over again and it was pain that made me pray for death every night. but thanks to GOD for listening to my prayers and to my best friend for forcing me to go to the gym every day with him. it was do or die for me bro. so regardless of the pain, i pushed through it and suddenly noticed the pain getting less and less.

today, i feel better than i've ever felt since my accident in 1987. but to be honest, it was right HERE at this forum that the first step to my new happiness took place. what do i mean? well, one day someone here was talking about the "PSOAS" muscle and i'd never heard of it before that day. i looked it up, found it on youtube as well as some stretches and i was on my way to feeling a whole new worldly different.

I won't lie. i was so physically weak for the last few years because of the pain that when i went to the gym i couldn't do 5 minutes on the treadmill nor 30 secs on the eliptical. i pushed and pushed and fought for what i wanted. and today, i smile and it feels good.

I will never let the words of some people get to me. my struggle reminds me of my inner strength and how it affects those around me.

my personal struggle was the reason behind one man's jown struggle with a severe spinal injury. he too was never going to walk again. but since he witnessed my whole ordeal in the hospital and saw me leave it walking....he felt if i could do it, he could do it too. and he did. that alone is the best buffer between me and my haters.

again thanks bro

Lucas
09-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Well i commend you, i dont know that i would have come back from what you have. We dont know what its like in another mans place until we've lived it.

Jimbo
09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Lucas, thank you bro. and yes, i gained a lot of weight because although i was semi walking everyone of the doctors taking care of me didn't know how i was doing it because i really didnt have the strength to do the most minor of exercises. the thing is, i just wouldn't give up. i really wanted to get back to gung fu and although i didn't have the strength to stand without the use of canes i refused to give up.

the road to get to even where i am today has been one of the toughest struggles of my life. but my body started to feel severe pain all over again and it was pain that made me pray for death every night. but thanks to GOD for listening to my prayers and to my best friend for forcing me to go to the gym every day with him. it was do or die for me bro. so regardless of the pain, i pushed through it and suddenly noticed the pain getting less and less.

today, i feel better than i've ever felt since my accident in 1987. but to be honest, it was right HERE at this forum that the first step to my new happiness took place. what do i mean? well, one day someone here was talking about the "PSOAS" muscle and i'd never heard of it before that day. i looked it up, found it on youtube as well as some stretches and i was on my way to feeling a whole new worldly different.

I won't lie. i was so physically weak for the last few years because of the pain that when i went to the gym i couldn't do 5 minutes on the treadmill nor 30 secs on the eliptical. i pushed and pushed and fought for what i wanted. and today, i smile and it feels good.

I will never let the words of some people get to me. my struggle reminds me of my inner strength and how it affects those around me.

my personal struggle was the reason behind one man's jown struggle with a severe spinal injury. he too was never going to walk again. but since he witnessed my whole ordeal in the hospital and saw me leave it walking....he felt if i could do it, he could do it too. and he did. that alone is the best buffer between me and my haters.

again thanks bro

Thank you for sharing, hskwarrior.

hskwarrior
09-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank you for sharing, hskwarrior.

thank you sir