PDA

View Full Version : Looking For An Instructor In Eastern Washington State

Doppelganger
09-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Hello fellow martial artist I have relocated to Eastern Washington from Southern California and currently live in the Tricities WA (Richland,Kennewick,Pasco) but will be moving to Spokane WA in the next year or two.

I have a foundation in Choy Li Fut Kung Fu and Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan and have taken some Bagua Chuan and Wing Chun to compliment my foundation arts.

I am posting on this forum to see if the martial arts community knows of any kung fu or internal arts instructors that might not advertise or any respectable schools near my current and future residence thanks in advandce for any info.

Golden Arms
09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Sensei Rick Montgomery lives in Spokane I believe. He teaches karate but you would do well to look him up and see his top students move. They know all about internal movement.

Doppelganger
09-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Sensei Rick Montgomery lives in Spokane I believe. He teaches karate but you would do well to look him up and see his top students move. They know all about internal movement.

Thanks for the response but I'm looking for more on the lines of an internal art like Bagua or Chen TCC or a Kung Fu like Pi Gua or Baji Quan. I would also consider continuing my Choy Li Fut or Wing Chun training as well if I found a legit instructor or even a different style of Kung Fu or Hwrang Do.

Golden Arms
09-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the response but I'm looking for more on the lines of an internal art like Bagua or Chen TCC or a Kung Fu like Pi Gua or Baji Quan. I would also consider continuing my Choy Li Fut or Wing Chun training as well if I found a legit instructor or even a different style of Kung Fu or Hwrang Do.

Your loss if you don't check him out. His stuff looks more like Baji than some Baji I have seen, and is very combat viable.

Doppelganger
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Your loss if you don't check him out. His stuff looks more like Baji than some Baji I have seen, and is very combat viable.

Thank you for the info again and I will look in to him if I can't find another legit school or instructor up in Spokane.

I just am a die hard CMA and If I wanted to step over to karate I would be more incline to taking enshin & ashihara karate but Ive seen way to many karate McDojos out there so probably will continue searching for a CMA instructor.

Thanks again for the info.

YouKnowWho
09-04-2012, 08:05 PM
His stuff looks more like Baji than some Baji I have seen,
That's a very interest comment indeed. How can that be possible?

His stuff looks more

- wrestling than some wrestlers.
- boxing than some boxers.
- Judo than some Judoka.

Golden Arms
09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Simple:

He likely evolved his system based on lots of training and fighting, and did not hold it to the concept of "my system has this" or "my system does things this way". What he does is pretty amazing, I have never seen karate anything like it, and its designed for fighting first and foremost, something many MA these days unfortunately can't claim.