PDA

View Full Version : More about techinque then training ...

bearpaw
09-29-2001, 01:46 PM
I've noticed at my school a very bad problem most of our students have with lunging. They either have thier toes up or toes down instead of flat footed. I brought to my Sufi's attention and hs has begun pushing eveyone to improve. I was wondering how many of you out there notice? I inhertited my toe up problem from three years of Western fencing.

Note: With a toe up lunge it is easy to kick the front foot aside and open up their stance. a toe down lunge is easy to stop at the foot (by stomping on it). A toe up lunge is usually used as an "ending" lunge with the power to be used usually in a punch. A toe down lunge is usually used with a kick as a follow up as the ball of the foot is easy to pivot on.

nospam
09-29-2001, 04:37 PM
We don't lunge. Puts your weight too far forward.

We do step in, though. And it is done like a normal step forward, just with more speed and effort.

nospam.

honorisc
09-30-2001, 04:23 AM
That brings to me the concept of watching other schools or martial artists to see what Not to do. Hopefully my assessment of what's correct for what they're doing is correct/appropriate. It can be good to be aware of what to not do. My think, relevant to me-ish.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.