PDA

View Full Version : Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)

Pages : [1] 2

TenTigers
09-08-2012, 08:33 AM
yeah, I know, it's like picking a scab, or that invisible splinter that you have to just keep on touching...
Every time there is a discussion, there is always some troll that derails the thread.
It's not so much their comments, but the fact that people start addressing them and then get pulled into their little drama.
So let's simply agree that the next time one of these guys (I don't even know their handles..they're really not that important to me that they have a name) starts in, whether it is about dissing TCMA, or chi-sao, or TCM, or anything, just leave it, and continue with the thread.
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Empty_Cup
09-08-2012, 08:50 AM
yeah, I know, it's like picking a scab, or that invisible splinter that you have to just keep on touching...
Every time there is a discussion, there is always some troll that derails the thread.
It's not so much their comments, but the fact that people start addressing them and then get pulled into their little drama.
So let's simply agree that the next time one of these guys (I don't even know their handles..they're really not that important to me that they have a name) starts in, whether it is about dissing TCMA, or chi-sao, or TCM, or anything, just leave it, and continue with the thread.
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

+1

The best way to deal is to continue the actual discussion vs. responding to them. Then their trolling gets buried.

-N-
09-08-2012, 09:06 AM

[...]

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Just reply with this pic :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/Mr_Ugly/Untitled-4.jpg

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
There are two kinds of trolls on this forum:

1) The people who perpetuate qigong myths (except they're trolling the entire MA world, not just this forum).

2) The inadvertent trolls who talk about using fancy techniques when they've never trained against a resisting opponent. I say "inadvertent" because they aren't technically trolling since they believe they are telling the truth.

Everyone else is cool. Even group #2 up there is cool cuz some of them are at least open minded about their training.

Group #1 is maximum trolling.

http://i.imgur.com/DRchQ.jpg

wenshu
09-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I concede that I'm part of the problem. Especially if I'm feeling a bit tired and bitter, it becomes really easy to take it out on the cloud of malingering, non practicing self professed "gong fu is bad" public service anouncements. Yet somehow I never tire of emphasizing that the peanut gallery at a LARPER convention is several orders of magnitude more pathetic than the actual LARPERs. See, I just did it again.

Something that I think gets overlook is the implied demand that gong fu prove itself to be best at everything.

"Why don't we see gong fu winning UFC blah blah blah"

Why does it have to?

99.999999% of people who practice MMA aren't winning UFC either. There are just as many if not more **** students in every strip mall MMA gym as there are in Wing Chun or Shaolin-Do.

http://vimeo.com/42209600

Whenever all the scrawny, malingering trolls want to work out there frustrations in life on gong fu it starts from this implied assumption that every schlub who walks into a boxing gym or weight room is going to start throwing lead straight rights like Mayweather and cleans like Pyrros.

This is the mentality of people whose biggest work out is when they peel themselves off of their sofa to go make some hot pockets before they sit at their computer to tell people about the best, most effecient ways to train your body to fight. The only people who have to constantly repeat platitudes like "training against resisting opponents" are people who have never trained against resisting opponents.

Raipizo
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I concede that I'm part of the problem. Especially if I'm feeling a bit tired and bitter, it becomes really easy to take it out on the cloud of malingering, non practicing self professed "gong fu is bad" public service anouncements. Yet somehow I never tire of emphasizing that the peanut gallery at a LARPER convention is several orders of magnitude more pathetic than the actual LARPERs. See, I just did it again.

Something that I think gets overlook is the implied demand that gong fu prove itself to be best at everything.

"Why don't we see gong fu winning UFC blah blah blah"

Why does it have to?

99.999999% of people who practice MMA aren't winning UFC either. There are just as many if not more **** students in every strip mall MMA gym as there are in Wing Chun or Shaolin-Do.

exactly, we don't see it there because there train in much different ways, almost like complete opposite.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa, man.

Larping is cool.

(plus Larpers don't talk crap about how they would actually win in real sword fights against resisting opponents... ;) )

Srsly though, if larpers enjoy larping, let them larp. While I've never done it, I bet you it's tons of fun. I mean... would they keep doing it if it wasn't?

If people enjoy doing TCMA, let them do TCMA.

The only issues are when it's misrepresented as something it's not.

YouKnowWho
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
We have many interest groups here. Those who is interest in

- WC only,
- MMA only,
- Health and spiritual development only,
- IMA only,
- EMA only,
- TCMA only,
- generall MA,

May be we should divide our subjects in such area so:

- None WC guys should not get involve with WC threads.
- None MMA guys should not get involve with MMA threads.
- None Health and spiritual guys should not get involve with Health and spiritual threads.
- None IMA guys should not get involve with IMA threads.
- None EMA guys should not get involve with EMA threads.
- None TCMA guys should not get involve with TCMA threads.
- None general MA guys should not get involve with general MA threads.

Will that work? I don't know.

LaterthanNever
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
TT,

Valid and I agree. Yet could this not also include people who use deflecting energy(Metal in the 5 e theory) and start their own thread about someting tangential and peripheral to the orignal subject? ie: I'll start a thread about if it is possible to project chi to knock someone over from a distance and it's going reasonably constructive for a while and then someone turns it into a "pressure points are not possible to hit in a fight" SUB-thread! Not that the hitting pressure points is not a valid subject for discussion, but ADD-HD is frustrating to deal with.

YKW,

Does it have to be either/or? Why is it: Wing Chun ONLY or MMA ONLY? Why can't someone have more than one interest?

xinyidizi
09-08-2012, 05:39 PM
We have many interest groups here. Those who is interest in

- WC only,
- MMA only,
- Health and spiritual development only,
- IMA only,
- EMA only,
- TCMA only,
- generall MA,

May be we should divide our subjects in such area so:

- None WC guys should not get involve with WC threads.
- None MMA guys should not get involve with MMA threads.
- None Health and spiritual guys should not get involve with Health and spiritual threads.
- None IMA guys should not get involve with IMA threads.
- None EMA guys should not get involve with EMA threads.
- None TCMA guys should not get involve with TCMA threads.
- None general MA guys should not get involve with general MA threads.

Will that work? I don't know.

Not that I like these trolls but they are a very important part of these forums. Probably because of them some people who are really interested in TCMA won't come here anymore but without them there won't be many discussions on any of the forums except for the WC forum. This is specifically the problem of the neijia section and honestly judging by the type of people who come here I don't see any discussions more profound than whether qi is real or not in that section and probably it would be better to close it. On the Kungfu forum many of the threads are about childish arguments between TCMA people and anti TCMA people and I don't think it can be changed without banning many of the members but in that case there won't be much to discuss. I personally come here to enjoy the drama but every once in a while there is something useful to learn.

Shaolin
09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
It's really not that hard. I personally just don't give a ***t about anyone or their opinions. That's why this is only my 462nd post since I signed up on this forum in 2001. Maybe that makes me a jerk but again, I don't care. I do what I do, like what I like and no one can tell me I'm wrong. I love the martial arts; all of them, and I try to continually try to learn and grow in as many areas as I can and if someone doesn't like the direction I'm going, as my daddy used to say, "Go **** up a rope."

TenTigers
09-08-2012, 07:41 PM
There are two kinds of trolls on this forum:

1) The people who perpetuate qigong myths (except they're trolling the entire MA world, not just this forum).

2) The inadvertent trolls who talk about using fancy techniques when they've never trained against a resisting opponent. I say "inadvertent" because they aren't technically trolling since they believe they are telling the truth.

Everyone else is cool. Even group #2 up there is cool cuz some of them are at least open minded about their training.

Group #1 is maximum trolling.

http://i.imgur.com/DRchQ.jpg
ok, here is one of those STFU moments.
Unless that is actually the topic of the thread. But if you're going to start interjecting your opinions where they are not wanted...well, there ya go.
See? It's that easy.

YouKnowWho
09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Does it have to be either/or? Why is it: Wing Chun ONLY or MMA ONLY? Why can't someone have more than one interest?

If you don't train boxing, MT, wrestling, Judo, BJJ, try to go to a MMA thread and see how long you can survive there.

start interjecting your opinions where they are not wanted...
This is my main point. You may want to share information from the bottom of your heart. But if your opinion is not wanted, why do you want to be there in the 1st place? When you suggest Taiji guys should spar more, all Taiji guys will hate you.

-N-
09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
When you suggest Taiji guys should spar more, all Taiji guys will hate you.

Sparring guys should use tai chi more when they spar.

That's the traditional way :)

Bacon
09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Not that I like these trolls but they are a very important part of these forums. Probably because of them some people who are really interested in TCMA won't come here anymore but without them there won't be many discussions on any of the forums except for the WC forum. This is specifically the problem of the neijia section and honestly judging by the type of people who come here I don't see any discussions more profound than whether qi is real or not in that section and probably it would be better to close it. On the Kungfu forum many of the threads are about childish arguments between TCMA people and anti TCMA people and I don't think it can be changed without banning many of the members but in that case there won't be much to discuss. I personally come here to enjoy the drama but every once in a while there is something useful to learn.

While some might be anti TCMA indeed there may be those, such as myself, who could come off in that light when really it's about being against crappy training, techniques which just plain don't work, evidence based pressure testing, and a put up or shut up, full contact fighting mentality.

TenTigers
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
While some might be anti TCMA indeed there may be those, such as myself, who could come off in that light when really it's about being against crappy training, techniques which just plain don't work, evidence based pressure testing, and a put up or shut up, full contact fighting mentality.
ya know, there's nothing wrong with that mentality.
It really depends on how you express it. If you're one of those db's who feel the need to blurt it out every single time someone brings up a point on traditional training..well, that **** gets old real fast.
Look, we've heard it.
we've all heard it.
perhaps if you pm'd it to the new guy on the board when he posts....

(btw-I'm not aiming this at you, just at the db's who do this....
unless...
;)

IronFist
09-08-2012, 10:22 PM

This. Some people mistakenly think I don't like TCMA despite an entire thread I made about why I like TCMA (http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64106).

I just think people should train against resisting opponents. It's important enough to be mentioned/addressed regularly.

ya know, there's nothing wrong with that mentality.
It really depends on how you express it. If you're one of those db's who feel the need to blurt it out every single time someone brings up a point on traditional training..well, that **** gets old real fast.
Look, we've heard it.
we've all heard it.
perhaps if you pm'd it to the new guy on the board when he posts....

(btw-I'm not aiming this at you, just at the db's who do this....
unless...
;)

In some cases, people are concerned that young and/or impressionable minds may be browsing this forum (after all, it is the best TCMA forum on the internet). These people may be under the false impressions. By providing a critical method by which to evaluate training/claims of "gurus", it may steer these people onto the path that they want to be on rather than the path they think they are supposed to be on. Or rather, help them learn to use logic and critical thinking to evaluate their situation.

We've all trained at McDojos thinking we were learning teh deadliez. If your goal is to be able to defend yourself, it's important to be able to identify if you're learning "teh deadliez" or if you're learning techniques that can be applied against resisting opponents who don't leave their arms extended after punching you and allow you to do your fine motor coordination flowery techniques.

Empty_Cup
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
...is the lack of specifics in their arguments.

Too often the trolling is very vague, ambiguous statements without much supporting evidence. Things like "that form is such c.rap...he's such an idiot because he's not doing it right!" or "he's not putting in the right flavor or intention with that movement" or "everybody knows X, Y, Z because internet blah blah blah."

Most folks are open to debate if there are specifics and explanation along with some support.

Bacon
09-08-2012, 11:45 PM
...is the lack of specifics in their arguments.

Too often the trolling is very vague, ambiguous statements without much supporting evidence. Things like "that form is such c.rap...he's such an idiot because he's not doing it right!" or "he's not putting in the right flavor or intention with that movement" or "everybody knows X, Y, Z because internet blah blah blah."

Most folks are open to debate if there are specifics and explanation along with some support.

True but sometimes it's tough to give specifics when the only things people are doing right in a video is standing on two feet and not their head.

YouKnowWho
09-08-2012, 11:55 PM

Not all subjects are worthwhile to debate. When a striker meets a grappler, who is going to win?

People who train

- striking art will believe that the striker's punch is so fast and powerful. The grappler won't have any chance to shoot in.
- grappling art will believe that the grappler's shooting is so fast that the striker won't have change to punch.

IMO, this kind of debating is waste of time. When and how to terminate such meaningless debating is not that easy if everyone want to have the last word.

wenshu
09-09-2012, 07:58 AM
We've all trained at McDojos thinking we were learning teh deadliez.

Speak for yourself.

ginosifu
09-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Is there any way (whether in this forum or elsewhere) we can have positive discussions about TCAM? I enjoy good debates about training strategies, strength and conditioning, forms and their results...etc.

I don't mind when someone challenges my point of view. I'm kinda stubborn and I may even challenge back. All in all this is a good thing. However, trolls, larpers, mouth boxers etc get on distract the original discussion.

Where, how, when can we get good TCMA discussions without the iceholes bothering us?

ginosifu

Dale Dugas
09-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Other boards do not allow the level of trolling that happens here on KFM.

They take the posts and add them to another section where you guessed it, only troll posts recide. All the mouth boxing, net ghost poopieheads get to share the same space as the rest of the as-shats.

Its not funny and allowing these people to post up negative drek over and over and over is disgusting.

Some of these meatheads seem only hellbent on nothing other than slandering and libeling people for the sake of slandering and libeling as well as just wanting to watch the discussion turn into a pile of steaming nothing.

Unacceptable behavior needs to be removed not approved.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Ironic post is ironic.

Defense of slander and libel is truth.

The onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

This forum should have its ultimate goal be truth. Martial arts truth. Historical truth. Objective truth.

This means identifying non-truths and making them visible for everyone so that no one is thrown off the path.

When people make claims, the onus of proof is on that person to prove it is true.

For example, here is an example of non-truth and non-proof:

Person 1: "Hey, look at me, I am protecting myself with qi power."

Person 2: "Interesting. But it just looks like physical conditioning + stage tricks. And you are twice as big as the people hitting you. And they're not hitting you very hard."

Person 1: "ALL YOU DO IS SLANDER AND LIBEL. WHERE ARE YOUR VIDEOS? MY DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN. I HELP VETERANS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?"

You see, no proof was given. No truth was discovered. But fallacies were committed. When confronted with truth, BS artists attempt to redirect. Since they cannot provide truth, redirection is the only course of action available. Snakeoil salesman gonna sell snakeoil.

Compare that with this example, where truth and proof are given:

Person 2: "Interesting. But it just looks like physical conditioning + stage tricks. And you are twice as big as the people hitting you. And they're not hitting you very hard."

Person 1: "Sure, I have no problem showing some proof because I'm not a scammy salesman perpetuating myths to sell lies to people who want to develop mystic power. Here is another video of me using qi to protect myself. You can see this time that 1) I'm not flexing my abs to protect myself, 2) I'm blindfolded and don't know when the strikes are coming so I can't tense up at the last moment, 3) I'm not having people half my size hit me, and 4) the people hitting me are trained fighters who know how to punch."

Person 2: "Wow, good demo. You seem to have some legitimate qigong skill. Have you considered demonstrating this to James Randi? I think he would be interested."

Person 1: "Why yes. After all, if I demonstrate proof of mystic power, I would get the $1,000,000 prize. But since I'm not selfish, I would love to have that money to donate to charity or use for a good cause."

As CMA practitioners we will deal with a lot of BS on a regular basis. We need to always be promoting truth to help keep the woo out of our art.

Scott R. Brown
09-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I wonder how many, "I Hate Trolls" threads there have been on this forum in the past 10 years!

It is so easy to just ignore Trolls.

Complaining about Trolls is like complaining about a zit on your nose. You will get one once in awhile and the more you play with it the worse it gets. But if you leave it alone, it will eventually go away. Eventually, you will get another one, but did you learn from the first one? Probably not, you will play with the next one too until it gets worse and then too eventually goes away......and on and on!

How do I know this is true? Because this problem and the complaining threads it generates repeat over and over again, like the turning of the seasons.

Not that I am complaining! :p

Bacon
09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Is there any way (whether in this forum or elsewhere) we can have positive discussions about TCAM? I enjoy good debates about training strategies, strength and conditioning, forms and their results...etc.

I don't mind when someone challenges my point of view. I'm kinda stubborn and I may even challenge back. All in all this is a good thing. However, trolls, larpers, mouth boxers etc get on distract the original discussion.

Where, how, when can we get good TCMA discussions without the iceholes bothering us?

ginosifu

I'd say:

Don't make claims without empirical data. This includes claiming your system is good at fighting. As much as I don't like folks who automatically side with mma they and certain other arts do have empirical evidence on their side. Muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, bjj, wrestling, judo and sometimes even karate have shown that they can be used to good effect against skilled fighters. That is why they're so well respected. They don't make claims they can't back up. When TCMA systems can produce videos of themselves repeatedly winning against skilled fighters in a full contact environment then they can make those claims but they won't until they....

Admit that TCMA have flaws (in some cases large ones). Take Lyoto Machida. He has traditional karate as his base and uses some of it to great effect BUT he still had to train in groud grappling and general mma to make it work. If you act like any TCMA system is perfect you're going to get laughed at. And if you jump to the sanda thing I'd remind you that those who've switched over to mma haven't exactly done amazingly.

So in short:
Put up or shut up
Admit that TCMA isn't perfect and needs work

For example, I train wing chun but I've also trained bjj to cover the ground fighting, learned a few basic wrestling takedowns and learned how to sprawl because grappling and take down defence is one of wing chun's biggest weaknesses.

Lucas
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
What you most regularly hear from these people, which allows you to identify them is;

'No one competes at a high level with tcma/cm a methods & 'tcma/cm a methods are all garbage

Myself and others have many times linked proof to the contrary, that there are indeed upper class athletes that do employ tcma/cm a methods in training, and are successful. Look, I can't make it my full time job here to constantly link vids and names of fighters who do this.

Another sure sign is people who think 'ufc' is the only high quality arena to fight in. That's a clear sign someone is trolling, for obvious reasons. Mma is not exclusive to the America'.

The best way to spot a troll is to prove them wrong, and to see how they never respond to irrefutable evidence to the contrary of their claims.

Like the wolves at the zoo I shouldn't feed the trolls, but when no one is looking, its fun to throw a bone here and again.

Bacon
09-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Top events in first world countries like the us and the uk are the best proving grounds for things bar none and the UFC is the top of all the top dogs. It's not the final word on everything but if someones style is really good they should be able to compete in top level events like the UFC. You never saw successful TCMA guys in pride, strike force etc etc etc.
Thailand is the Mecca of muay Thai but when folks from the first world come in the Thais get the butts handed to them more often than not.

YouKnowWho
09-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguement. I had a co-worker said, "John, I agree with you today, but I reserve my right not to if I find a reason later on." For those people "agree" means "been defeated".

Jimbo
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Whether or not your style is used to compete and win in the UFC, it's still up to YOU to make it work for you.

ginosifu
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd say:

Don't make claims without empirical data. This includes claiming your system is good at fighting. As much as I don't like folks who automatically side with mma they and certain other arts do have empirical evidence on their side. Muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, bjj, wrestling, judo and sometimes even karate have shown that they can be used to good effect against skilled fighters. That is why they're so well respected. They don't make claims they can't back up. When TCMA systems can produce videos of themselves repeatedly winning against skilled fighters in a full contact environment then they can make those claims but they won't until they....

Admit that TCMA have flaws (in some cases large ones). Take Lyoto Machida. He has traditional karate as his base and uses some of it to great effect BUT he still had to train in groud grappling and general mma to make it work. If you act like any TCMA system is perfect you're going to get laughed at. And if you jump to the sanda thing I'd remind you that those who've switched over to mma haven't exactly done amazingly.

So in short:
Put up or shut up
Admit that TCMA isn't perfect and needs work

For example, I train wing chun but I've also trained bjj to cover the ground fighting, learned a few basic wrestling takedowns and learned how to sprawl because grappling and take down defence is one of wing chun's biggest weaknesses.

You're right that no style is perfect. I believe all styles have advantages and disadvantages. All cultures / countries / ethnicities / peoples that did not have some type of Martial Skill would have been wiped out or taken over centuries ago.

Chinese Martial Arts have all the things you need to become a skilled fighter. Striking, Kicking, Grappling and Throwing all can be found in TCMA. I have competed using strictly Chinese Kung Fu and had a decent record fighting in Shuai Chiao and San Shou. So TCMA does work.... the only thing is fighters are not perfect and they need work.... not the systems.

One thing that I do have a problem is that people use MMA as a level of sorts to compare everything to it. I do not consider MMA / UFC as a MartiaL Art or Martial Science.. it is a Martial Sport... that's it. People keep saying show your skill in the MMA ring.... yada yada yada yada. How about lets have a MMA fighter come to my venue where the rules are:

#1 You bring your MMA gloves and I will have my sharpened daggers.

#2 Eyes, nuts, throat are all valid targets.

#3 We fight in the parking lot behind my school on the ashfault.

#4 My students and friends all will kick you in the head when you lay on the ground in your "Guard".

Martial Art or Martial Science can not be compared to Martial Sport. It's fun place to try and express some of your skills but there is no comparrison for the two. A I stated before.... I did well in sports martial arts. I aslo used my kung fu in street self defense. My being alive is proof of that as well.

MMA / UFC is not the beacon where we all aim to be like.... it's just a popular sport. So instead of trying to get kung fu to get in the ring... wht not try and MMA to fight in a real SD situation instead!

ginosifu

hskwarrior
09-09-2012, 03:43 PM
You're right that no style is perfect. I believe all styles have advantages and disadvantages. All cultures / countries / ethnicities / peoples that did not have some type of Martial Skill would have been wiped out or taken over centuries ago.

Chinese Martial Arts have all the things you need to become a skilled fighter. Striking, Kicking, Grappling and Throwing all can be found in TCMA. I have competed using strictly Chinese Kung Fu and had a decent record fighting in Shuai Chiao and San Shou. So TCMA does work.... the only thing is fighters are not perfect and they need work.... not the systems.

One thing that I do have a problem is that people use MMA as a level of sorts to compare everything to it. I do not consider MMA / UFC as a MartiaL Art or Martial Science.. it is a Martial Sport... that's it. People keep saying show your skill in the MMA ring.... yada yada yada yada.

you have nothing to prove to a couple of people on a forum. unless they show up at your school, don't listen to these people. take Ironfist's comments on a POSED STRIKE for example. Its CRYSTAL CLEAR he is missing some important elements in his comments. I can't help but to laugh at most of this FORUM MASTERS. most are all talk. I'm still wondering how he could even make claims of lack of, more or, or anything other than "OH, YOU GUYS USE A PALM TO STRIKE THE LIVER, OK". instead, the dude said it was bad use of training. my question IS "HOW IS THAT A PIC OF TRAINING? DID I SHOW THE PROGRESSION OF HOW WE CAME TO BE AT THE POINT WE WERE IN THAT PIC?" the answer to that would be a RESOUNDING......NO. ITS A POSE IDIOT. People pose in pictures all the time in everything to demonstrate something in a posed manner. it didn't show any type of actual training. so WTF? :eek: LMAO.

so should i care about what he thinks when he is super clueless? NOPE. thats called HUMOR.

you know why these guys B1TCH about forms? because they either don't have any or can't do them well at all. TOO BAD FOR THEM RIGHT? LMAO

people can say wut they want, do what they want. just do your thang. if they show up at your school to test you, prove they're better, or to embarrass you....lock the doors and do what should be done. if he gets injured by 30 guys for showing up to test their coach or teacher its their fault for being SHUCKKA's!!!

hskwarrior
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM

#4 My students and friends all will kick you in the head when you lay on the ground in your "Guard".

when i hear these armchair know it alls say that eye gouges and nut shots aren't effective then i see it work in the UFC all i can do is laugh and say "WHAAAAAAT A BUNCH OF "TORTA FACCIA" (pie faces):D

Jimbo
09-09-2012, 04:31 PM
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

In the end, this is always the best policy.

IME, most long-time CMAists have had experience, often extensive, in non-CMA arts. It's not as if the arguments about CMA's shortcomings (all arts have them!) are original.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd say:

Precisely. Agreed 100%.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
How about lets have a MMA fighter come to my venue where the rules are:

Wait, so because TCMA involves daggers but MMA doesn't, you get daggers and the MMA guy doesn't? http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com) http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com) http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Guys, how is that not trolling? http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

MMA is a grounds for testing empty hand combat, not dagger combat http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Really now, if you get daggers and friends, why doesn't the MMA guy get daggers and friends?

Are you saying the only way you can win against an MMA guy is to use daggers and friends?

Eric Olson
09-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Other boards do not allow the level of trolling that happens here on KFM.

They take the posts and add them to another section where you guessed it, only troll posts recide. All the mouth boxing, net ghost poopieheads get to share the same space as the rest of the as-shats.

Its not funny and allowing these people to post up negative drek over and over and over is disgusting.

Some of these meatheads seem only hellbent on nothing other than slandering and libeling people for the sake of slandering and libeling as well as just wanting to watch the discussion turn into a pile of steaming nothing.

Unacceptable behavior needs to be removed not approved.

If KFM forum is a "community" the lack of moderation has allowed it to become a community of a$$hats. Cool. I'll take my eyeballs elsewhere. I participate here much less than a used to.

LaterthanNever
09-09-2012, 10:14 PM
As usual Shrfu Dugas is the voice of reason :cool:

I think putting all the troll posts into a forum where they implode by their own toxins is a great idea!!!

ginosifu
09-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Wait, so because TCMA involves daggers but MMA doesn't, you get daggers and the MMA guy doesn't? http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com) http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com) http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Guys, how is that not trolling? http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

MMA is a grounds for testing empty hand combat, not dagger combat http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Really now, if you get daggers and friends, why doesn't the MMA guy get daggers and friends?

Are you saying the only way you can win against an MMA guy is to use daggers and friends?

Sure he can bring daggers and his friends... whatever. The point is that MMA fighters practice mma fighting (no daggers) on a soft floor with no risk of being stomped on by other people. TCMA's practice for fighting on Asphault (or any surface) with daggers, guns, bats swords... etc. MMA fighters do not practice this way so they are at an disadvantage. This not to say they can't fight.. just that they are not quite as prepared for this venue as a TCMA.

ginosifu

sanjuro_ronin
09-10-2012, 05:39 AM
The problem is and always has been lack of communication and the lack of a common point of reference.

That will never change.
why?

Because most trolls do NOT want to know, they want to question.
Those that are not trolls and have legit questions AND want to learn, do NOT derail threads.

Period.

Empty_Cup
09-10-2012, 05:40 AM
When people make claims, the onus of proof is on that person to prove it is true.

For example, here is an example of non-truth and non-proof:

Person 1: "ALL YOU DO IS SLANDER AND LIBEL. WHERE ARE YOUR VIDEOS? MY DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN. I HELP VETERANS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?"

You see, no proof was given. No truth was discovered. But fallacies were committed. When confronted with truth, BS artists attempt to redirect. Since they cannot provide truth, redirection is the only course of action available. Snakeoil salesman gonna sell snakeoil.

Compare that with this example, where truth and proof are given:

Person 1: "Sure, I have no problem showing some proof because I'm not a scammy salesman perpetuating myths to sell lies to people who want to develop mystic power. Here is another video of me using qi to protect myself. You can see this time that 1) I'm not flexing my abs to protect myself, 2) I'm blindfolded and don't know when the strikes are coming so I can't tense up at the last moment, 3) I'm not having people half my size hit me, and 4) the people hitting me are trained fighters who know how to punch."

Person 2: "Wow, good demo. You seem to have some legitimate qigong skill. Have you considered demonstrating this to James Randi? I think he would be interested."

Person 1: "Why yes. After all, if I demonstrate proof of mystic power, I would get the $1,000,000 prize. But since I'm not selfish, I would love to have that money to donate to charity or use for a good cause."

As CMA practitioners we will deal with a lot of BS on a regular basis. We need to always be promoting truth to help keep the woo out of our art.

+1. Ideally the proof is quantitative but since that's not always possible there should at least be a logical rationale behind it.

The most debate comes when the "proof" ends up being hearsay. i.e. my sifu's sifu's sifu said X, Y, Z and while I have no reason to not believe this it's still nearly impossible to verify.

Frost
09-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Sure he can bring daggers and his friends... whatever. The point is that MMA fighters practice mma fighting (no daggers) on a soft floor with no risk of being stomped on by other people. TCMA's practice for fighting on Asphault (or any surface) with daggers, guns, bats swords... etc. MMA fighters do not practice this way so they are at an disadvantage. This not to say they can't fight.. just that they are not quite as prepared for this venue as a TCMA.

ginosifu

Out if interest how much of your sparring is done on asphault? how many of your throws are done on concrete full blast whilst his two mates are trying to take your head off with a baseball bat? how often do you spar with real knifes and try to hurt each other whilst a third party trys to kick your head in when you are not looking?, how often do you spar full contact with swords, real ones……
MMA fighters practise a lot of things, one of my coaches from time to time makes us work out of gang situations 3 4 or 5 on 1, another is a coach under Geoff Thompson and has us work premptive attacks, verbal cues, weapons defence etc We also used to be affiliated with karl tanswell, noted MMA coach and designer of the stab knife defence programme. Now is the above regular practise, no its done now and then but coiming from both TCMA and MMA I find it easier to add the above in to an MMA fighters skills because they are already used to contact, pressure and fear and have good athletic abilities.
So as much as you might not like it some MMA fighters and MMA coaches do pretty much all of the above (well maybe not the sword fighting bit (sigh)
And to be honest out of the TCMA guys I know and the MMA crowd I know…I know who id put my money on in a street fight and who I would like backing me up, not saying my TCMA mates cant fight (so,e of them I know can fight) but the majority of my MMA mates can and will quite happily fight inside or outside under any rules you like

David Jamieson
09-10-2012, 05:51 AM
I find that a warning shot is good, then a banning if the crap continues, works.
We don't negotiate with trolls. They be gone.

ginosifu
09-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Out if interest how much of your sparring is done on asphault? how many of your throws are done on concrete full blast whilst his two mates are trying to take your head off with a baseball bat? how often do you spar with real knifes and try to hurt each other whilst a third party trys to kick your head in when you are not looking?, how often do you spar full contact with swords, real ones……
MMA fighters practise a lot of things, one of my coaches from time to time makes us work out of gang situations 3 4 or 5 on 1, another is a coach under Geoff Thompson and has us work premptive attacks, verbal cues, weapons defence etc We also used to be affiliated with karl tanswell, noted MMA coach and designer of the stab knife defence programme. Now is the above regular practise, no its done now and then but coiming from both TCMA and MMA I find it easier to add the above in to an MMA fighters skills because they are already used to contact, pressure and fear and have good athletic abilities.
So as much as you might not like it some MMA fighters and MMA coaches do pretty much all of the above (well maybe not the sword fighting bit (sigh)
And to be honest out of the TCMA guys I know and the MMA crowd I know…I know who id put my money on in a street fight and who I would like backing me up, not saying my TCMA mates cant fight (so,e of them I know can fight) but the majority of my MMA mates can and will quite happily fight inside or outside under any rules you like

Sparring on Asphault: Yes... we do, not everyday but we fight outside on any surface.

Fighting multiple opponents: Yes we do, part our training is to deal with one whilst 2 other try to jack you from behind.

Fighting with knives / swords: Yes we do. When was younger they were sharpened (many cuts and stabs). Nowadays we fight with dull or rubber weapons.

MMA fighters can fight in the street... everyone can. However, those who prepare for it are at an advantage plain and simple. Those who focus on other things like sport fighting are only good at sport fighting.

I am not saying that MMA fighters can not fight in the street. My point is that if they come up against a well versed knife fighter.... they will be a sprinkler of blood no doubt.

ginosifu

Frost
09-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Anyone who comes up against a well trained knife figher on the street without a weapon will get gutted….and the aforementioned karl tanswell was both a well trained JKD guy and a kali escima guy, when he got attacked by 5 guys with knifes (and somehow managed to survive) he dropped all that tradional knife work and went in favour of a sports approach, and his students come from an area of the UK where knifes are very common
Id argue the person most used to dealing with an opponent trying to take their head off with real intent on a weekly basis will do better on the street, and from my experience that is not your local TCMA guy its your local MMA guy (or rugby player)

Old Noob
09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
If you're on the KFM forum, you secretly like trolls. Most of you have been on here for years. Most of you are also on other MA forums that are much nastier to trolls. People who genuinely can't stand trolls have left this forum or use it irregularly. Therefore, those of you who are still here regularly like a little trolling, even if you think you don't.

Gene runs a good forum and prefers free expression over censorship. If you can't defend yourself against the trolls, shut off the interwebz, don't look to big brother (a mod) to defend you. Besides, trolls are good for laughs periodically.

ginosifu
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Anyone who comes up against a well trained knife figher on the street without a weapon will get gutted….and the aforementioned karl tanswell was both a well trained JKD guy and a kali escima guy, when he got attacked by 5 guys with knifes (and somehow managed to survive) he dropped all that tradional knife work and went in favour of a sports approach, and his students come from an area of the UK where knifes are very common
Id argue the person most used to dealing with an opponent trying to take their head off with real intent on a weekly basis will do better on the street, and from my experience that is not your local TCMA guy its your local MMA guy (or rugby player)

Frost makes his point well without being a troll. I enjoy debateing with him, he makes good points keeps me on my toes without being an icehole. Conversations like this good for TCMA cuz they make us see our short comings and hopefully will make you think about your training habits.

Frost is right that many TCMA don't prepare enough for reality. MMA is a good sport and give you a certain viewpoint on realistic fighting. Someone swinging at you with intent to knock you down and then jump on you and choke you out is realistic enough to prepare someone.... partially for the streets.

ginosifu

David Jamieson
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
If you're on the KFM forum, you secretly like trolls. Most of you have been on here for years. Most of you are also on other MA forums that are much nastier to trolls. People who genuinely can't stand trolls have left this forum or use it irregularly. Therefore, those of you who are still here regularly like a little trolling, even if you think you don't.

Gene runs a good forum and prefers free expression over censorship. If you can't defend yourself against the trolls, shut off the interwebz, don't look to big brother (a mod) to defend you. Besides, trolls are good for laughs periodically.

I disagree.

I took on being a mod here again to push out a troll element that was negatively effecting the forum and driving people away. Many people balked and some even hated that I had taken it up again. C'est la vie.

I don't mind people who make a good argument. There are a few people here who do other martial arts than kung fu and have no problem with the way they conduct their conversations or challenges to belief sets that are around kung fu.

There are very few qi hugging hippies as was expressed earlier and for the most part, the conversations here have been pretty productive and kung fu related for the last year.

We got rid of the very worst of the trolls and spammers when I started right away. Lately it's been a hunt and peck method, but occasionally you get one or two that drift in. they don't last too long til they're banned.

I for one am intolerant of them. they bring nothing useful to the table and I will continue to have them banned as I see em.

Frost
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Frost makes his point well without being a troll. I enjoy debateing with him, he makes good points keeps me on my toes without being an icehole. Conversations like this good for TCMA cuz they make us see our short comings and hopefully will make you think about your training habits.

Frost is right that many TCMA don't prepare enough for reality. MMA is a good sport and give you a certain viewpoint on realistic fighting. Someone swinging at you with intent to knock you down and then jump on you and choke you out is realistic enough to prepare someone.... partially for the streets.

ginosifu

Likewise I enjoy debating with Gino he makes his points well and doesn’t insult anyone
I have met a number of people like him in the TCMA world (my current sifu is one such person): traditional yet open-minded, willing to try things and test themselves. And nearly all of them have something in common……they have virtually to a man done a form of sports combat: Be it sanda, Chinese wrestling, western wrestling (rugby) or boxing, they all seem to have in their backgrounds a good history in combat sports.

Lucas
09-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Top events in first world countries like the us and the uk are the best proving grounds for things bar none and the UFC is the top of all the top dogs. It's not the final word on everything but if someones style is really good they should be able to compete in top level events like the UFC. You never saw successful TCMA guys in pride, strike force etc etc etc.
Thailand is the Mecca of muay Thai but when folks from the first world come in the Thais get the butts handed to them more often than not.

then do your homework smart arse. cma has been in ufc. thanks for proving my point.

GeneChing
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM

I've always felt that trolls on the forum is a lot like open sparring. Anyone can walk in and play. Some sparring partners have good technique. Others have one shot, something simple and rude, and it's annoying when that penetrates your defense. But ultimately, if you play prudently, you can walk away with some improved skills for debate and social media. This, coupled with the obligatory locker-room trash talk, are an essential part of martial practice, which makes the participation of some trolls here critical to us keeping it real.

At the same time, there are psychic vampires, or as we like to call them here, qi vampires. Again, to use that sparring analogy, sometimes you get someone in the ring that's a crappy fighter overall, but might have a simple shot or two that can get in, and there's value in trading blows with them. Other times, you have someone that's just a drain on the group - a qi vampire. They suck. ;)

So I'm okay with most trolls; it's just the qi vampires that need to be staked through the dantian.

And TenTigers, I must add that to launch a thread titled "Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)" is akin to saying "Don't think about elephants". :rolleyes:

TenTigers
09-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I

And TenTigers, I must add that to launch a thread titled "Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)" is akin to saying "Don't think about elephants". :rolleyes:
yeah, I noticed that. It's like saying Beetlejuice, or Sandman, three times.

Lucas
09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Thats why I will never ignore anyone, even obvious troll. It's good for the mind to battle them. It's like a:

http://cdn-8.nflximg.com/images/6017/1296017.jpg

Bacon
09-10-2012, 10:13 AM
then do your homework smart arse. cma has been in ufc. thanks for proving my point.

I notice you said CMA and not TCMA. Yes sanda has done okay here and there but again they cross train and they've never been spectacularly victorious. If there has been other styles of CMA then it's either non-traditional or would've been heavily supplemented.
We've seen champs from karate, muay Thai, boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, and bjj but even the guys who do okay, which is the sanda guys, never make it to the top.

So CMA, yes, not doing spectactularly. TCMA, please. If they have they haven't done anything even worthy of notice and their fighting would've been heavily modified anyway.

David Jamieson
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I notice you said CMA and not TCMA. Yes sanda has done okay here and there but again they cross train and they've never been spectacularly victorious. If there has been other styles of CMA then it's either non-traditional or would've been heavily supplemented.
We've seen champs from karate, muay Thai, boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, and bjj but even the guys who do okay, which is the sanda guys, never make it to the top.

How would they accommodate the swords? can I learn to use a broadsword in a mma school? In a boxing club? Wrestling? Muay Thai? Sanda? Can I learn to use quarterstaff in these too?

No?

shucks. You never see staff or swordwork in ufc. Man, that totally is lacking!!

Do you see where your argument stands?

empty hand? So, you forgot your weapon?

/devils advocate again

Lucas
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM

So CMA, yes, not doing spectactularly. TCMA, please. If they have they haven't done anything even worthy of notice and their fighting would've been heavily modified anyway.

Actually i said cma cuz i felt like it. you are quick to jump on anything even when you're wrong. here's a bone for ya, just a quicky off the tip top of my little brain...roy nelson trains tcma, shaolin kungfu to be precise. and has for a long time. good record, and in ufc. dude you can moan like a dying pregnant zebra all you want. doesnt mean you're right.

hskwarrior
09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
how would they accommodate the swords? Can i learn to use a broadsword in a mma school? In a boxing club? Wrestling? Muay thai? Sanda? Can i learn to use quarterstaff in these too?

No?

Shucks. You never see staff or swordwork in ufc. Man, that totally is lacking!!

Do you see where your argument stands?

Empty hand? So, you forgot your weapon?

/devils advocate again

the ufc.....the limited edition. :d

Lucas
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Actually i said cma cuz i felt like it. you are quick to jump on anything even when you're wrong. here's a bone for ya, just a quicky off the tip top of my little brain...roy nelson trains tcma, shaolin kungfu to be precise. and has for a long time. good record, and in ufc. dude you can moan like a dying pregnant zebra all you want. doesnt mean you're right.

oh and go ahead, go to troll tactic #34 try to demean and diminish roy nelsons accomplishments with insults and falsehoods and then try and diminish the impact shaolin kungfu has had on him. oh and bring up he cross trains. you know like thai boxers and bjj'ers... lol go ahead do it...you know you're dying to... i bet it itches like a bad jock does

Lucas
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Top events in first world countries like the us and the uk

China is first world bro. I agree with the ufc but, just in the west huh? what, are you a racist?

China owns the USA making them more first world than us lol

Lucas
09-10-2012, 10:57 AM

its true. as they say fight fire with fire. whats more fun than trolling a troll?

David Jamieson
09-10-2012, 11:36 AM
its true. as they say fight fire with fire. whats more fun than trolling a troll?

Not being overrun with them and actually being able to share, discuss and debate without a retard shouting from the corner all the fricking time? Yeah, that's more fun. :p

Lucas
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Not being overrun with them and actually being able to share, discuss and debate without a retard shouting from the corner all the fricking time? Yeah, that's more fun. :p

lol....i guess.... :o

YouKnowWho
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
If you're on the KFM forum, you secretly like trolls.

I strongly disagree on this. Old Chinese saying said, "A drop of rat's poop can destroy the whole jar of soybean paste".

The "negative energy" won't do us any good. We should stay away from it as much as possible.

Dale Dugas
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Quoted for truth.

We do not and never need the kind of energy that these fools keep perpetuating.

Also if you are going to keep attacking people how about showing everyone who you are for real.

Some of us do not hide on the net and never will.

Hiding=coward

also for the netghosts/mouthboxers who poo pooed ad naseum about my acupuncture. Here a link to the study that will not be able to be argued. hard empirical data....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3373337/pdf/1472-6882-12-S1-O9.pdf

Lucas
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
On saturday I went in for some acupuncture and mentioned I have a bad knee. Grinding bad. Well after I walked out of there there was absolutely no pain at all. Zero. It was amazing. That doesnt last forever however. But it still was an amazing thing. It's easy to see how something like that can be viewed as mysterious or magical if you arent aware of whats going on.

Scott R. Brown
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Sometimes arguing with Trolls keeps you mentally agile, it is no different than sparring or fighting. Other times it's like a parent arguing with their two-year-old, and other times it's like arguing with the deranged.

It's important to learn to distinguish who you are arguing with. It is unrealistic to think they can be eliminated altogether. Sickness is part of life, so is fighting it.

What always fascinates me is people who train to fight, but cry about mental/verbal sparring. If you don't like it ignore it, but stop complaining, it isn't like the only format of fighting is with your hands and feet. Life is more a war of ideas more than bodies wrestling on the ground.

Now I am going to ignore this whole thread of Trolls until I am bored again, you bunch of whiners and semi-whiners! :p

YouKnowWho
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Another problem is you may be a pieceful person. After you have been attacke by trolls, you may become a violent person. That won't be good.

Scott R. Brown
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Another problem is you may be a pieceful person. After you have been attacke by trolls, you may become a violent person. That won't be good.

I'll get you for that!!!:mad::p

GeneChing
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Sometimes arguing with Trolls keeps you mentally agile, it is no different than sparring or fighting. Other times it's like a parent arguing with their two-year-old, and other times it's like arguing with the deranged. Truth be told, I find myself in conflict with the deranged much more often than with those that keep me mentally agile. :o

Scott R. Brown
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Truth be told, I find myself in conflict with the deranged much more often than with those that keep me mentally agile. :o

In your position, it would not be uncommon to have some pet stalkers........ where I'd you say you live? :D

LaterthanNever
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Dale,

in my experience..many of the slurs against acupuncture/herbs are made my people who have never had a single acupuncture treatment!

Scott R. Brown
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Dale,

in my experience..many of the slurs against acupuncture/herbs are made my people who have never had a single acupuncture treatment!

I have a friend who is an acupuncturist, what a astounded me was, one time he took my pulse and told me I had an intestinal imbalance. In about 3-4 hours I had diarrhea. He could tell that from my pulse! :eek:

But now that I think about it, I have been watching some old episodes of Monk lately....... He must have poisoned my tea!!! :mad:

The dirty rat:mad:..... NEVER trust an acupuncturist!

taai gihk yahn
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
yeah, they're always tryin' to stick it to ya...

Scott R. Brown
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM

yeah, they're always tryin' to stick it to ya...

Good point!

Syn7
09-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I have a friend who is an acupuncturist, what a astounded me was, one time he took my pulse and told me I had an intestinal imbalance. In about 3-4 hours I had diarrhea. He could tell that from my pulse! :eek:

But now that I think about it, I have been watching some old episodes of Monk lately....... He must have poisoned my tea!!! :mad:

Suggestion can be a powerful thing.

Syn7
09-11-2012, 12:05 AM

Retards are a fundamental part of the democratic process.

Syn7
09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Some of us do not hide on the net and never will.

Hiding=coward

That's not true. Yeah some people will make threats and act like fools but that doesn't mean everyone who enjoys anonymity is a coward.

I never understood this whole "face me" attitude. I mean, if somebody can't handle another's words, what makes that person think being face to face will be any better? Unless it's like some small d1ck physical intimidation thing, but then nobody here would do that, right?

Either you can settle it with words here, or just let it go. A person who uses their real name doesn't make better points simply cause they use their real name, and it goes the other way too. So many times I have had idiots say "you're a coward cause you don't use your real name, face me blah blah. Everytime I PM them and tell them who I am they just shut up and go away. People who would travel over net beef are IDIOTS. I'm not saying this about Dale, just a general comment.

I also feel the anon aspect of the net can be a real positive tool in helping reclusive people come out of their shell. So what if people say what they are really thinking when online. Would you rather they just smiled and told you what you wanna hear or kept quiet to avoid conflict if it was in person?

You people should be thankful that these arguments happen here and not in person. I see how pis$ed off some cats get, those people are the kinds of people who are most likely to be violent. People really need to understand the difference between somebody who is being mouthy and somebody calling bullsh1t.

If anything, the internet will teach our egos on how to handle the truth. Something we are all failing at.... miserably!!! As it is, we are lied to all day everyday and it's weak. So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest. :p

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 01:04 AM
So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest. :p

Yeah, be man enough to face her on the internet, under a nom de guerre, and tell her just how big her butt really is! The truth hurts, but sometimes it will hurt you more! :D

Eric Olson
09-11-2012, 04:44 AM
That's not true. Yeah some people will make threats and act like fools but that doesn't mean everyone who enjoys anonymity is a coward.

I never understood this whole "face me" attitude. I mean, if somebody can't handle another's words, what makes that person think being face to face will be any better? Unless it's like some small d1ck physical intimidation thing, but then nobody here would do that, right?

Either you can settle it with words here, or just let it go. A person who uses their real name doesn't make better points simply cause they use their real name, and it goes the other way too. So many times I have had idiots say "you're a coward cause you don't use your real name, face me blah blah. Everytime I PM them and tell them who I am they just shut up and go away. People who would travel over net beef are IDIOTS. I'm not saying this about Dale, just a general comment.

I also feel the anon aspect of the net can be a real positive tool in helping reclusive people come out of their shell. So what if people say what they are really thinking when online. Would you rather they just smiled and told you what you wanna hear or kept quiet to avoid conflict if it was in person?

You people should be thankful that these arguments happen here and not in person. I see how pis$ed off some cats get, those people are the kinds of people who are most likely to be violent. People really need to understand the difference between somebody who is being mouthy and somebody calling bullsh1t.

If anything, the internet will teach our egos on how to handle the truth. Something we are all failing at.... miserably!!! As it is, we are lied to all day everyday and it's weak. So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest. :p

IMO using your real name increases your credibility. That's because you can't make some outrageous claim about yourself without someone fact checking it. It also keeps things more civilized because you're less likely to be insulting if it can be tied back to your real name.

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 05:47 AM

We are ,supposedly, Martial Artists which means that we are or were (should have been) at some point fighters.
That is enough of an explanation as to why there is a "face me" attitude.

David Jamieson
09-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Retards are a fundamental part of the democratic process.

This is not a democracy.

We work on the whole iron fist thing here.

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 08:00 AM
This is not a democracy.

We work on the whole iron fist thing here.

Retards are part of the whole iron fist thing!

In fact, retards are part of just about every aspect of life. :eek:

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Iron fisting is the way to go !!
:D

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Iron fisting is the way to go !!
:D

I think that is bawang's department!

GeneChing
09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
IMO using your real name increases your credibility. Where do you think we are? This is the internet. Suspend your credibility.

We work on the whole iron fist thing here. Hold that thought for next month when our new issue drops (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1184253#post1184253)...;)

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM

I never understood that whole, tough guy, might is right, mentality.
Basic scenario:
I call you on your bullsh1t.
You say, "well, I will come to your school, blah-blah-blah."
ok, so say you throw me a beating.
You're STILL WRONG, and you're STILL AN AZZOLE.
So basically, you're just a sociopath, who if anyone says anything you don't like, you will get violent. You obviously threw temper tantrums as a spoiled brat child, and you never outgrew it.
So, toughguy...how long do you think that will last?

Grown men.
(sigh...)

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 09:34 AM
reminds me of the Chris Rock line,
"Oh, so you went to college. Can you kick MY AZZ?!"

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Basic scenario:
So basically, you're just a sociopath, who if anyone says anything you don't like, you will get violent. You obviously threw temper tantrums as a spoiled brat child, and you never outgrew it.

Grown men.
(sigh...)

I DARE you to say that to my face, tough guy!!!!!!

.....AND I have the most credibility here, because I use my middle initial too!!!:p

Lucas
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Ya but only the initial, which shows how cowardly you really are! If I had a middle and last name I would proudly post them both, but since I'm ultra cool and only have the one name, I can't. But at least I'm not afraid of the internet like you are Mr. Scott 'R.' Brown...whats that R. stand for anyway?

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Ya but only the initial, which shows how cowardly you really are! If I had a middle and last name I would proudly post them both, but since I'm ultra cool and only have the one name, I can't. But at least I'm not afraid of the internet like you are Mr. Scott 'R.' Brown...whats that R. stand for anyway?

Obvious:
Scott R. Brown is a Scholar Warrior.
The R stands for Readin', Ritin', and Rithmatic.

Scott R. Brown

Boy are you going took silly now!!!

The "R" is short for "R"!!!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha.........got you AGAIN!!!! Now go shave and scratch your feet!!!!!:p:p:p

TenTigers
but he also has ADHD, so the R could stand for Ritalin..

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Obvious:

Yeah....all I am good for is a good tongue lashing!!!!!

Just ask my wife!!:D

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
but he also has ADHD, so the R could stand for Ritalin..

Or ARRRRRRRRRRRR......matey!!!!!!

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
It has nothing to do with coming to your school/location and kicking anyones a ss.

Why hide behind the net? paranoid? Worried all those attacks might come back and bite you in the rear?

Why not step up and be known? Most of us post up where we teach and welcome people there. We link to our schools etc.

Most of us who post here have come to know all manner of people and their real names and where they are located, etc.

I never understood how these mouth boxers/netghosts hide their identity can snipe, slander and libel you and when you ask them to man up and step forward so you know who they really are, the person asking is called a bully or a psycho, versus the person coming forward.

Again, if you are unwilling to be known in reality, what the hell gives you the right to say anything to anyone anywhere at anytime?

If you would not say it to my face in reality and face the consequences of your actions, why does anyone think it is kosher to say it to someone while you hide?

It is cowardice, plain and simple. There is no other way of looking at it really.

I have no problem saying what I mean to anyone here, nor would I have an issue saying it to their faces. But it seems I am in the minority here when it comes to people accepting responsibility for their actions.

Hiding is cowardice.

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
It has nothing to do with coming to your school/location and kicking anyones a ss.........

Hiding is cowardice.

Yeah, well then where is your middle initial!!!:p

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Dale Brian Dugas

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 09:57 AM
You could say B for b utthead or B for Bigun or B for Beefy

still does change the fact that people feel it is acceptable to hide and slander and libel them, their professions etc.

Lucas
09-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Boy are you going took silly now!!!

The "R" is short for "R"!!!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha.........got you AGAIN!!!! Now go shave and scratch your feet!!!!!:p:p:p

LIES!!!! your kind always lies about that kind of stuff!!!! You and yours!!!

Lucas
09-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Dale Brian Dugas

Ha! He showed you Scott!!! You lose Scott!

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 10:03 AM
You could say B for b utthead or B for Bigun or B for Beefy

still does change the fact that people feel it is acceptable to hide and slander and libel them, their professions etc.

Yeah but here you are, your EVERY post is slandering ME!!!:(

LIES!!!! your kind always lies about that kind of stuff!!!! You and yours!!!

You are slandering me too!!!!:p:(

Ha! He showed you Scott!!! You lose Scott!

It's not in his title though, my middle name is:cool:!!!:p

AND HaS BEEN FOR ELEVEN YEARS!!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah, well then where is your middle initial!!!:p

Dale Brian Dugas

WOW!!!

That is the looooongest middle initial I have EVER seen!!!!:eek:

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
"what the hell gives you the right to say anything to anyone anywhere at anytime?"

um...that's kind of a born right.
Of course, do do so without tact is just...well, tactless.

"If you would not say it to my face in reality and face the consequences of your actions, why does anyone think it is kosher to say it to someone while you hide?"

hmmm....not sure how to even respond to that one.
I mean, I see where you're coming from, but...

See..I have always been taught, by my parents, and then later by my teachers, that it is not okay to hit, (parents) and you only use your Martial Arts to defend against bodily harm, a physical attack, or to prevent one from happening to another. (Teachers.)
But here you are basically saying that if someone insults you, or says something that you don't like (meaning gets you angry) it's perfectly okay to use your training and skills and size to respond to this in a physically violent manner. And you're okay with this?
Dude....
seriously?

Lucas
09-11-2012, 10:22 AM
AND HaS BEEN FOR ELEVEN YEARS!!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

You're only eleven years old? :eek:

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 10:24 AM
"what the hell gives you the right to say anything to anyone anywhere at anytime?"

um...that's kind of a born right.
Of course, do do so without tact is just...well, tactless.

"If you would not say it to my face in reality and face the consequences of your actions, why does anyone think it is kosher to say it to someone while you hide?"

hmmm....not sure how to even respond to that one.
I mean, I see where you're coming from, but...

See..I have always been taught, by my parents, and then later by my teachers, that it is not okay to hit, (parents) and you only use your Martial Arts to defend against bodily harm, a physical attack, or to prevent one from happening to another. (Teachers.)
But here you are basically saying that if someone insults you, or says something that you don't like (meaning gets you angry) it's perfectly okay to use your training and skills and size to respond to this in a physically violent manner. And you're okay with this?
Dude....
seriously?

Sometimes no greater statement can be made than a head on a spike !

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Sometimes no greater statement can be made than a head on a spike !
Vlad Ronin...?
nah, Sanjuro the Impaler!
much better.

Lucas
09-11-2012, 10:30 AM
and it has a double meaning!!! cuz he really likes to impale things

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Vlad Ronin...?
nah, Sanjuro the Impaler!
much better.

I like that, I may sew that into my underwear or perhaps tattoo it on to my schlong !

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 10:34 AM

I can see your are impressed....... as you should be!:cool:

I am greater than the sum of your parts!!!!:p

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I like that, I may sew that into my underwear or perhaps tattoo it on to my schlong !

If you were a real man you would use your schlong to tattoo it on the INSIDE of all your ladies!:cool:

"Sanjuro the Impaler WAS HERE!!!"

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Rik,

When you know who is slandering and libeling you, you can then take them to court and have their actions called into question and they will pay the price.

I did not say, or mean that they would be beaten up, or assaulted in any way shape or means.

If your actions would cause such a response, I can see why these cowards hide, as they could be sued for the slander and libelous things they post about people.

You do not have the right to slander and libel people. It is illegal, it is not playful, it is not LOLZ, its hurtful and hateful.

Hence the cowards will always take the cupcake way out as it means they have free license to slander and libel and be hateful towards people.

It is disgusting behavior and it should never be tolerated.

You have the right to know your accusers, and if you accuse me of anything then I get to know who it is that is saying such. See my point? No secret internet account, no ghost proxys, none of that BS. Why not just be yourself rather than create some other persona and attack others.

I have been threatened with law suits in the past as I don't hide behind the net and called certain people what they are, total and complete frauds, and when called on their BS threat with the use of what is called Discovery, in which the person being sued gets to examine everything about this person who is suing you, and all the claims they have made and the lies fabricated, they always back down as they will lose in court as the truth will come out.

Lucas
09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
You have the right to know your accusers, and if you accuse me of anything then I get to know who it is that is saying such. See my point? No secret internet account, no ghost proxys, none of that BS. Why not just be yourself rather than create some other persona and attack others.

People do that to others on the internet because they are secretly ashamed of who they are, and feel the need to try and make others feel they way they do about themselves, because it gives them a small sense of security in the sad pathetic shell of a human that they truly are.

They cannot accept their failures as human beings and try to project their own shortcomings as men onto others due to their in ability to come to terms with their own experiences.

These people like to try and hide behind a mask of 'i'm simply trying to show you you're shortcomings, and trying to help everyone become better by displaying your defeciencies'...Hark! Do not be fooled by this, as its not true. Were this to actually be the intention, constructive critsism would follow, not the filth that inevitably does.

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
People do that to others on the internet because they are secretly ashamed of who they are, and feel the need to try and make others feel they way they do about themselves, because it gives them a small sense of security in the sad pathetic shell of a human that they truly are.

They cannot accept their failures as human beings and try to project their own shortcomings as men onto others due to their in ability to come to terms with their own experiences.

These people like to try and hide behind a mask of 'i'm simply trying to show you you're shortcomings, and trying to help everyone become better by displaying your defeciencies'...Hark! Do not be fooled by this, as its not true. Were this to actually be the intention, constructive critsism would follow, not the filth that inevitably does.

Sniff, sniff.......

You know me so well! It's like you can see right through me! :(

Lucas
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Sniff, sniff.......

You know me so well! It's like you can see right through me! :(

That's what true friends are for. :D

Shaolin
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
There seems to be an apparent problem with trolls here. There are going to trolls on any forum site but the difference I see with this site and the others I post at, is this site has NO clearly established rules for posting as other big forums do.

Why?

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
There seems to be an apparent problem with trolls here. There are going to trolls on any forum site but the difference I see with this site and the others I post at, is this site has NO clearly established rules for posting as other big forums do.

Why?

Because here people are allowed, or expected, to act like adults and ignore people who harass or offend them.

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Because here people are allowed, or expected, to act like adults and ignore people who harass or offend them.

Crazy talk !
LOL !

Scott R. Brown
09-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Crazy talk !
LOL !

See?

Now watch!

I am greatly offended by this rude, slanderous and offensive post! :mad:

I will now ignore sanjuro_ronin until he apologizes in a manner befitting someone of my erudition and high social standing!

Lucas
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I am a Goat. So naturally, battling trolls is how I pass my down time.

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I am a fire Goat myself.

Us goats do not like Trolls much. Look at the stories....

sanjuro_ronin
09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
See?

Now watch!

I am greatly offended by this rude, slanderous and offensive post! :mad:

I will now ignore sanjuro_ronin until he apologizes in a manner befitting someone of my erudition and high social standing!

Sorry, I was distracted for a bit...
http://bumpshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/katrina-darrell-bikini-girl-american-idol-lesbian-party-2.jpg

David Jamieson
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm a dragon.

I roast trolls and kick their ashes.

But as an aside, zero tolerance.

sorry if some of you guys think it's fun to have them.
Enjoy them for what little time they will get to spend here...cause, roast and kick is inevitable for them. :p

Lucas
09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I am a fire Goat myself.

Us goats do not like Trolls much. Look at the stories....

I'm an earth Goat...we just need a few more elemental goats and we can form a Super Goat!! Goatron Unite! Kinda like Voltron but with horns and eats anything.

Raipizo
09-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm an earth Goat...we just need a few more elemental goats and we can form a Super Goat!! Goatron Unite! Kinda like Voltron but with horns and eats anything.

Metal goat reporting in.

Lucas
09-11-2012, 02:07 PM
We are almost complete!

Dale Dugas
09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
LMAO

Goatron!

Excellent!

You win.

Golden Arms
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Fire Dragon here, I eat trolls for breakfast.

TenTigers
09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm a coc-er, Rooster.....

Raipizo
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
We are almost complete!

We shall rule the universe.

wenshu
09-11-2012, 04:37 PM
chinasmack: female-tai-chi-master-demonstrates-pushing-hands-reactions (http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/female-tai-chi-master-demonstrates-pushing-hands-reactions.html)

Interesting to see the Chinese web's reaction to this particular brand of bull****.

Lucas
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
at this time we are only three, but yes sir, eventually we shall unite and rule!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qHuLIb9ZGIs/SxVHVhIQlSI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/9mQ415wwZgs/s1600/TripleHeader.jpg

YouKnowWho
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
chinasmack: female-tai-chi-master-demonstrates-pushing-hands-reactions (http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/female-tai-chi-master-demonstrates-pushing-hands-reactions.html)

Interesting to see the Chinese web's reaction to this particular brand of bull****.

If you go to a Taiji form and talk about "combat", will people consider you as a troll?

Lucas
09-11-2012, 05:06 PM
If you go to a Taiji form and talk about "combat", will people consider you as a troll?

that is a paradox

GeneChing
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Three queens beat three deuces.

http://bumpshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/katrina-darrell-bikini-girl-american-idol-lesbian-party-2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qHuLIb9ZGIs/SxVHVhIQlSI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/9mQ415wwZgs/s1600/TripleHeader.jpg

Wait, sorry, what was the topic of this thread again? Or should I simply ignore it?

Lucas
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
There was a topic?:confused:

Raipizo
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
We are the guardian of hell. It was a three headed goat, not a Cerberus.

Raipizo
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM

I call b.s sorry. Some of it looks legit. But people bouncing off of you, c'mon did they even want to appear a bit realistic?

taai gihk yahn
09-11-2012, 10:30 PM

yes, Scott he was the inspiration for the lyric from the Lord Chancellor's "Nightmare Song"(from Gibert & Sulivan's "Iolanthe")

"And bound on this journey, you find your attorney, who started that morning from Devon,
He's a bit undersized, and you don't feel surprised, when he tells you he's only eleven."

the amazing thing is that this was written in 1882, which means that Scott was more than a hundred years before his own time! not sure how he managed to pul that off though...
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/tardis_2.jpg

Scott R. Brown
09-12-2012, 01:41 AM
the amazing thing is that this was written in 1882, which means that Scott was more than a hundred years before his own time! not sure how he managed to pul that off though...
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/tardis_2.jpg

It is easy when you are Semi-Divine! :p

Dale Dugas
09-12-2012, 05:57 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/DaleDugas67/SharkDale.jpg

This is how trolls are dealt with.

num num num num num

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/Boston_Baguazhang/snapshot-1.png

taai gihk yahn
09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
It is easy when you are Semi-Divine! :p

well, I have some other thoughts on the matter...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk4wrfYUZL1qgt93z.gif

GeneChing
09-12-2012, 03:37 PM
...I have TWO middle initials. H & W. I'll let y'all amuse yourselves by trying to figure out what that stands for. :p

Lucas
09-12-2012, 03:38 PM
...i have two middle initials. H & w. I'll let y'all amuse yourselves by trying to figure out what that stands for. :p

hardwork108!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeneChing
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Well played, Lucas. I take back all my zombie ninja insults. :o

Lucas
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM
:cool::cool:

Scott R. Brown
09-12-2012, 04:54 PM
...I have TWO middle initials. H & W. I'll let y'all amuse yourselves by trying to figure out what that stands for. :p

I'd say it's Hmith & Wesson!

Syn7
09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Basic scenario:

Grown men.
(sigh...)

So was that directed towards me? Or towards the type of person I was criticizing?

I think anyone who fights over words is a moron. Anyone who wants to know who I am can simply ask. PM me and just ask, simple. Otherwise I use an alias. Two things tho... #1 It wouldn't be hard for an average mind to find out who I am. #2 I have my reasons for not using my name openly online ANYWHERE, and it has nothing to do with this site, MA's or hiding from anyone I may or may not disagree with.

I love to argue points, it's like calisthenics to me. I will never get upset about it tho, never. I am not so weak that anyone can really offend me unless I actually know you and respect you. I have friends on this site that I know in real life, I just don't advertise it and we stay separate cause we can always just talk/argue/debate in person. The net is a great place to sharpen your teeth. If that gets to people, that is their weakness, not mine.

So am I a troll then? What exactly makes a troll? Is being in a significant minority when it comes to opinion what makes a troll? or is it the behavior of going on and on about the same thing over and over what makes a troll?
If you really believe your points and aren't trying to offend, can that be trolling?

I agree tho, as far as MA's are concerned, if you want to be acknowledged for your accomplishments you need to give more than just your word. A name and lineage is important in that respect.
On the other hand, I know cats who have never taken a fighting class and can still tear half of the people on this site in half. And no amount of martial training gives you the cajones to handle your biz. You either got it or you don't.

If it makes anyone feel better, my alias is a real alias. People in the real world actually know me by my handle. I never used the net much until about '99. This handle is much older than that. Although there are about 6 different variations of the name. They all have their reasons and none of them have anything to do with anonymity online.

Syn7
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Obvious:

That's awesome. The 3 R's. Ima use that one. Where did you hear it?

Syn7
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Why hide behind the net? paranoid? Worried all those attacks might come back and bite you in the rear?

Why not step up and be known? Most of us post up where we teach and welcome people there. We link to our schools etc.

Most of us who post here have come to know all manner of people and their real names and where they are located, etc.

I never understood how these mouth boxers/netghosts hide their identity can snipe, slander and libel you and when you ask them to man up and step forward so you know who they really are, the person asking is called a bully or a psycho, versus the person coming forward.

Again, if you are unwilling to be known in reality, what the hell gives you the right to say anything to anyone anywhere at anytime?

If you would not say it to my face in reality and face the consequences of your actions, why does anyone think it is kosher to say it to someone while you hide?

It is cowardice, plain and simple. There is no other way of looking at it really.

I have no problem saying what I mean to anyone here, nor would I have an issue saying it to their faces. But it seems I am in the minority here when it comes to people accepting responsibility for their actions.

Hiding is cowardice.

Well, I have never made threats and I always say what I mean. Am I a coward for not using my real name?

Ever considered that there are other perspectives you simply don't understand or know about? Not knowing doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

So are you saying that hiding, in general, is cowardice? Or that making threats and claims from an anon position is cowardice?

Aside from people who offend you personally, what kind of accountability are you looking for?

Do beleive that a person who has never trained in their life could beat you in a fight, sporting or otherwise?

Who is more reliable for fighting info.. a guy who has trained for years or a guy who never trains but has fought for years? Not so black and white IMO.

Syn7
09-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Dude....
seriously?

This is what I'm saying. Saying FACE ME is a threat by inference in itself. What are you gonna do in person that you can't do here?

So what, you disagree. Some people are d1cks. Get over it, right? Am I out of line on this one?

I am so over arguing about MA's. People take sh1t way too personal and bias is rampant and straight up outta control here. I only talk about specific moves and philosophy as far as MA's are concerned. I have no interest in arguing over what is 'better'. That's why I spend more time in OT than in general. This arguing over styles is soooo boring.

Syn7
09-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Rik,

When you know who is slandering and libeling you, you can then take them to court and have their actions called into question and they will pay the price.

I did not say, or mean that they would be beaten up, or assaulted in any way shape or means.

If your actions would cause such a response, I can see why these cowards hide, as they could be sued for the slander and libelous things they post about people.

You do not have the right to slander and libel people. It is illegal, it is not playful, it is not LOLZ, its hurtful and hateful.

Hence the cowards will always take the cupcake way out as it means they have free license to slander and libel and be hateful towards people.

It is disgusting behavior and it should never be tolerated.

I have been threatened with law suits in the past as I don't hide behind the net and called certain people what they are, total and complete frauds, and when called on their BS threat with the use of what is called Discovery, in which the person being sued gets to examine everything about this person who is suing you, and all the claims they have made and the lies fabricated, they always back down as they will lose in court as the truth will come out.

So what? A troll can hurt you? You just said it can be hurtful. Why would you allow such a weakness to exist if you recognize it? How many people have been sued successfully for libel on a kung fu forum? Any examples? How do you prove Libel when the topic is so subjective?

So you are upset that you don't get to use your legal rights in dealing with a troll on a kung fu forum that has done your business harm? How do you prove it harmed your biz? And if you are the real deal, why not just show and prove? If that isn't enough for some people, why even engage these people?

I think it just p1sses you off that you can't use your natural authority online the way you can in person. It p1ssed me off for about 10 minutes waay back. I got over it real quick. I am certainly not going to complain online. This isn't your first trip around this topic, you actually bring it up quite often.

Why let people get to you like that? Try not caring, works wonders my friend :)

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Basic scenario:

Precisely.

It's sad that some people maintain the "I beat you up therefore I'm right" attitude past 7 years old or so.

It has nothing to do with coming to your school/location and kicking anyones a ss.

Onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

You love to say "slander" and "libel" but where is the proof?

Defense of libel is truth.

You are a giant and you have small people throw weak punches as part of your "iron body" demo and then you blame it on qi.

Where is the proof?

Hiding is cowardice.

How to make a Dale Dugas post:

Step 1) post some nonsense about qi

Step 2) when someone asks for proof, accuse them of slander and libel

Step 3) use the phrase "net ghost."

Step 4) when the onus of proof is on you, redirect and talk about how your door is always open (entirely ignroing the onus of proof). Other possible redirects include*:
- "my door is always open. Is yours?" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
- "I use my real name, why don't you?" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
- "I help veterans" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
- "I post videos. If you are so awesome, where are your videos?" (except the person in question never said they were awesome, they simply said that having small people throwing weak punches doesn't prove you are protecting yourself with qi)

Step 5) Revel when supporters quote your post and take your side (while they, too, have ignored the onus of proof which, again, is on you, the person making the claim)

Optional step) Get excessively mad and call people names (while still ignoring that the onus of proof is on you)

*quotes paraphrased; not libel ;) I could dig up the actual quotes, I just don't care enough to do so. Plus anyone who is curious can just search your posts because you always post the same thing, blah blah qi, blah blah net ghost, blah blah door always open, blah blah slander and libel, etc.

wenshu
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I find it amusing that you won't attack Dale with your primary forum account.

sanjuro_ronin
09-13-2012, 05:24 AM
I think people seem to forget that the only "challenge" Dale has ever made has been "come see for yourself" in regards to IB and IP training.
I don't see that as a challenge of course, no more than a BJJ guy saying the samething when his particular skillset is called into question.
Note that Dale never said, come over and fight, nope and at times he has said that he will allow the questioner to strike him to test his IB skills.
Now, maybe its me. but I don't see ANY of that as "might makes right".
Fact is that, if you want to test someone's training then TEST THEM.
If you doubt that a particular skill set is valid, test YOUR view and find out if you are right.
Thing is, I see a lot of talking but very little testing.

David Jamieson
09-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Dale is doing it right in my opinion.

I think someone is trying to justify their own behaviour by trying to diminish his which is pretty much exactly as SR has just pointed it out.

Dale has always said: "come see for yourself" and that "his door is open to you"

The onus of wanting that proof is on the person who is asking now and they must make the effort or STFU.

pretty simple and effective and honest if you ask me.

Scott R. Brown
09-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I think people seem to forget that the only "challenge" Dale has ever made has been "come see for yourself" in regards to IB and IP training.
I don't see that as a challenge of course, no more than a BJJ guy saying the samething when his particular skillset is called into question.
Note that Dale never said, come over and fight, nope and at times he has said that he will allow the questioner to strike him to test his IB skills.
Now, maybe its me. but I don't see ANY of that as "might makes right".
Fact is that, if you want to test someone's training then TEST THEM.
If you doubt that a particular skill set is valid, test YOUR view and find out if you are right.
Thing is, I see a lot of talking but very little testing.

I am 72.3% sure that all my techniques will work against anyone weighing 100# less then me, with no notable skills, and in a wheelchair!:p

sanjuro_ronin
09-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I am 72.3% sure that all my techniques will work against anyone weighing 100# less then me, with no notable skills, and in a wheelchair!:p

I know that 60% of the time, my techniques work all the time.

Scott R. Brown
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I know that 60% of the time, my techniques work all the time.

I know 47% of the time that 60% of your techniques work on the 27.7% of my techniques that do not work!

Dale Dugas
09-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Again with people who hide who they are, where they live, what they do, etc versus people who post up who they are, where they live, what they do.

People have made all sorts of slanderous and libelous statements as to my skills, my licensure in acupuncture, etc all while hiding behind the net and they keep ranting on and on about truth and empirical data, blah blah blah.

The truth is my name is Dale Dugas and I live in Quincy, MA.

I work at Nutrapy which is located at 90 Rockland Street, Ste 7 Hanover, MA 02339

My cell phone is 617-595-8097 and the clinic phone number is 781-829-9355.

So why can people who hide be allowed to slander and libel those who take the risks of being known publicly?

Cowardly actions no matter how you paint it.

My door is open, and I have met many people who came to visit rather than hide, and snipe with their passive aggressive BS.

I have amazed people who have hit me in the zyphoid process, the kidneys, and the floating ribs, all places most of these netghosts could not take a hit in as they do not understand what is going on, so they snipe, slander and libel rather than investigate.

laziness on their part seems to equate the ability to badmouth anyone who does something they cannot or will not attempt to perform.

If you would not say these things in public in front of the person you are talking about in front of witnesses. Why the hell is is okay to do this on a forum?

It is not magic, its not magical qi power. Its a hell of a lot of training and would bored most to tears. But if you keep at it and work it you condition yourself to take more abuse than others and if you train the hands you create powerful strikes that most cannot tolerate.

search out and prove all things is a saying my Jooklum Shifu says. I agree.

Not like I am claiming to raise the dead, etc.

I can put my money where my mouth is. But the netghosts can't. its rather obvious.

There are no threats involved. Come try me out. I think you would be amazed.

Iron_Eagle_76
09-13-2012, 08:11 AM
The internetz truly is a strange place at times. It's kind of like the last stand for all the butthurt dweebs who wish they were something more than they actually are. I guess that is the reason someone wastes there time going onto a site dedicated to a particular subject and s**ts all over it, but who the hell knows. Oh well, I guess some things never change.

I at least hope Ronin still posts hottie pics!!:p

Scott R. Brown
09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Dale, Dale, Dale!!!

I respect you man, but should you really post your phone numbers and addresses?

I don't know, I just think that one is slightly reckless! Who cares what the naysayers think, but really, do you have a family?

Be cautious my friend!! Even if you ARE bigger than SHREK!!;)

Jimbo
09-13-2012, 08:32 AM
My own policy has always been not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to someone's face, one-to-one. I actually tend to be even more polite online, because most of us only know each other by the words in our posts. Typed words do not convey subtleties, especially if someone doesn't really know you. Once something is posted up, it always exists in some form; and once it's been read, you can't take it back.

Good, constructive debate is important. You must have differing viewpoints. Unfortunately, blatant trolling, while some find it amusing, is, IMO, simply juvenile and therefore, boring. Sooner or later, most intelligent people see it for what it is.

David Jamieson
09-13-2012, 08:35 AM
My own policy has always been not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to someone's face, one-to-one.

pretty much my reasons.

TenTigers
09-13-2012, 09:04 AM
so if I call you, can I ask you anything?

Dale Dugas
09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Rik,

You can call me and ask me anything, but be careful of the answer to what you ask....

Would love to chat with any of my brothers.

Lucas
09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
i'm not as nice, my door is always open, but once you get inside i close and lock it and then drug you and you'll wake up in a pit in my basement with a bucket on a rope and a bottle of lotion in the bucket....

it puts the lotion on the skin, or it get the hose again!

TenTigers
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Rik,

You can call me and ask me anything, but be careful of the answer to what you ask....

Would love to chat with any of my brothers.

(whispers) "what are you wearing right now...?"

:p

TenTigers
09-13-2012, 09:31 AM
i'm not as nice, my door is always open, but once you get inside i close and lock it and then drug you and you'll wake up in a pit in my basement with a bucket on a rope and a bottle of lotion in the bucket....

well, better than waking up with a thank you note and cab fare on the dresser....

I just feel so...cheap.

Dale Dugas
09-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Im home filling orders my one and only day off.

I wear shorts and tshirts.

sorry Im boring.

Lucas
09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
well, better than waking up with a thank you note and cab fare on the dresser....

I just feel so...cheap.

or in a bathtub full of ice with a box of chocolates on the counter.

TenTigers
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
or in a bathtub full of ice with a box of chocolates on the counter.
and missing a kidney....

Lucas
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
and missing a kidney....

thats what the chocolates are for! to make you feel better!

taai gihk yahn
09-13-2012, 10:51 AM
this place is just so weird...

Scott R. Brown
09-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Read that sign post up ahead....I believe it says. "The Twilight Zone!"

GeneChing
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
...You keep coming back.

Dale, I hear you on the anonymous slanderers, but this is the web where it's so easy to be anonymous or even fake an identity. I have a huge list of people we've banned; I check it against the IPs of new members here every morning. But that's so ineffective as it's so easy to secure a new IP. This will forever frustrate you. As a business, we deal with it all the time. It's just part of working in 2012. You'll go nuts trying to eradicate the anonymity, and in the end, the very pursuit drains more from you that the actual insult, so the troll wins twice. At that point, it's not really an act of cowardice. It's an antagonistic act, targeted right at you because they know it bothers you. That's what trolls do. They are like flashers. They do it for the reaction. And you know the best response when someone whips open their trench coat and exposes themselves to you, right? Point and laugh. You just got to not let it get under your skin.

It treasure my trolls. It's actually kind of flattering that they would bother to spend time and energy flaming me. You all know the Jataka tale of the monkey and the buffalo, right? The moral of that tale has always been my view of trolls.

Lucas
09-13-2012, 11:19 AM
when a flasher flashes me i just flash them back to make them jealous of my superior endowment. happens all the time. so when a troll trolls me i just like to try and beat them at their own game.

did someone say treasure troll?

http://www.randomfunnypictures.org/funny-pictures-1/funny-picture-35125.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
09-13-2012, 11:20 AM
They are a "necessary evil".

sanjuro_ronin
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't underestimate trolls...
http://movietimes.s3.amazonaws.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Troll-Doll-Movie.jpg

Lucas
09-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Seriously :eek:

David Jamieson
09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
the degradation of threads can get weird. and fast!

fast and weird, that's how I like it....

except for that one time..

GeneChing
09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.randomfunnypictures.org/funny-pictures-1/funny-picture-35125.jpg

http://movietimes.s3.amazonaws.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Troll-Doll-Movie.jpg
I have to award this round to Lucas, just because his cleavage count was 5 points higher. But it was a close match. Again, well played, gentlemen.

Syn7
09-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Again with people who hide who they are, where they live, what they do, etc versus people who post up who they are, where they live, what they do.

People have made all sorts of slanderous and libelous statements as to my skills, my licensure in acupuncture, etc all while hiding behind the net and they keep ranting on and on about truth and empirical data, blah blah blah.

The truth is my name is Dale Dugas and I live in Quincy, MA.

I work at Nutrapy which is located at 90 Rockland Street, Ste 7 Hanover, MA 02339

My cell phone is 617-595-8097 and the clinic phone number is 781-829-9355.

So why can people who hide be allowed to slander and libel those who take the risks of being known publicly?

Cowardly actions no matter how you paint it.

My door is open, and I have met many people who came to visit rather than hide, and snipe with their passive aggressive BS.

I have amazed people who have hit me in the zyphoid process, the kidneys, and the floating ribs, all places most of these netghosts could not take a hit in as they do not understand what is going on, so they snipe, slander and libel rather than investigate.

laziness on their part seems to equate the ability to badmouth anyone who does something they cannot or will not attempt to perform.

If you would not say these things in public in front of the person you are talking about in front of witnesses. Why the hell is is okay to do this on a forum?

It is not magic, its not magical qi power. Its a hell of a lot of training and would bored most to tears. But if you keep at it and work it you condition yourself to take more abuse than others and if you train the hands you create powerful strikes that most cannot tolerate.

search out and prove all things is a saying my Jooklum Shifu says. I agree.

Not like I am claiming to raise the dead, etc.

I can put my money where my mouth is. But the netghosts can't. its rather obvious.

There are no threats involved. Come try me out. I think you would be amazed.

Wow, talk about pigeon holing everyone into one group. sh1111t, I know 10 year olds that have already realized that is not the right way to make a point.

Not everyone that thinks you are over the top is criticizing your occupation. I don't know anything about your lil clinic. I won't knock something I don't know because that would be an as$hole move.

I am criticizing YOU and your methods of making this ridiculous point. How you group everyone who disagrees with you into one group. So far we have seen people call you a medical fraud, an ogre who uses natural size to intimidate and a man who can't properly sort his thoughts in order to respond to criticism. And to answer this you leave one generalized post defending one thing, ignoring another, grouping all together and then topping it off with an "I am real cause my door is open". Get this thru your dome, I DON'T CARE HOW REAL YOUR WORK IS. It has nothing to do with anything I have brought up. NOTHING.

Again, you wanna know who I am, PM me and ask. And no I will not come see you. I don't care. I live right beside one of the largest Chinese communities in North America, I have no need to travel to find authentic Chinese medicine, frauds and honest men alike. They are my neighbors. And none of that changes the fact that anonymity is not always cowardice. That's like me saying all QiGong practicioners are frauds. It's ignorant and shows a serious lack of real world understanding.

Syn7
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
My own policy has always been not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to someone's face, one-to-one.

pretty much my reasons.

Yeah but you cannot point fingers until you have actually spoken to people face to face and see for yourself. Dale makes the assumption, and that is pure ignorance. How does he know that just because people don't disagree with their full name and address posted or aren't willing to spend travel money to go to his clinic that they are being less genuine or saying something they wouldn't say in person?

Syn7
09-13-2012, 03:05 PM

I like the SP episode where Cartman is playing "Lambs"

Lucas
09-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I like the SP episode where Cartman is playing "Lambs"

lol thats exactly what was going on in my head when i wrote that

Sima Rong
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Everybody sing with it!

'I'm looking down the hole/ you're looking up at me/' :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CQokgv0dQw

Dale Dugas
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Wow, talk about pigeon holing everyone into one group. sh1111t, I know 10 year olds that have already realized that is not the right way to make a point.

Not everyone that thinks you are over the top is criticizing your occupation. I don't know anything about your lil clinic. I won't knock something I don't know because that would be an as$hole move.

I am criticizing YOU and your methods of making this ridiculous point. How you group everyone who disagrees with you into one group. So far we have seen people call you a medical fraud, an ogre who uses natural size to intimidate and a man who can't properly sort his thoughts in order to respond to criticism. And to answer this you leave one generalized post defending one thing, ignoring another, grouping all together and then topping it off with an "I am real cause my door is open". Get this thru your dome, I DON'T CARE HOW REAL YOUR WORK IS. It has nothing to do with anything I have brought up. NOTHING.

Again, you wanna know who I am, PM me and ask. And no I will not come see you. I don't care. I live right beside one of the largest Chinese communities in North America, I have no need to travel to find authentic Chinese medicine, frauds and honest men alike. They are my neighbors. And none of that changes the fact that anonymity is not always cowardice. That's like me saying all QiGong practicioners are frauds. It's ignorant and shows a serious lack of real world understanding.

You have never slandered or libeled me. Hence I never addressed any posts to you.

I do not care who you are.

If you want to hide, keep hiding. I stated how I feel about people who hide.

That is your business and none of mine.

Enough said.

Why are you writing yourself into this conversation?

You sound like you are whining.

Lucas
09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I CALL FOR PEACE!!
http://stlouis.metromix.com/content_image/full/2190593/518/370

wenshu
09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_PMOZ9bBo

jo
09-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Lets forgive Dale, he is working for none other than...ROGER D. HAGOOD!!! Yes, Dale has been calling Roger "Sifu" and business partner for a number of years now. He has been very busy emailing Roger all the unflattering, but true, things being said about him on the FaceBook Southern Praying Mantis Page. After all, they have a business to run, and all these negative, but true, things being said may cut into their bottom line. Their legal bills must be mounting as they are threatening to sue everyone in sight! So lets cut him some slack. :p
Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/southernmantis/

Dale Dugas
09-14-2012, 02:22 PM
see how it just will not stop. netghosts sniping on and on. Unable to move on and learn to be an adult.

I do not work for my South Mantis teacher, but rather support him in all his endeavors. Something you would not understand.

As with all the netghosts all you do is talk, snipe, slander and libel people while you hide.

cowards

Lucas
09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
am i the only person without a facebook account?

Dale Dugas
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Lets forgive Dale, he is working for none other than...ROGER D. HAGOOD!!! Yes, Dale has been calling Roger "Sifu" and business partner for a number of years now. He has been very busy emailing Roger all the unflattering, but true, things being said about him on the FaceBook Southern Praying Mantis Page. After all, they have a business to run, and all these negative, but true, things being said may cut into their bottom line. Their legal bills must be mounting as they are threatening to sue everyone in sight! So lets cut him some slack. :p
Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/southernmantis/

More sniping and disinformation from a mouth boxer.
I look forward to me coming down to visit and see your hand.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
There are no threats involved.

But then

I can always come down to NYC, with a video camera and we can see in a friendly match who can handle who. Or we can forgo the camera and see who really has a mantis hand.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

More sniping and disinformation from a mouth boxer.

Mike, if this is you I would look forward to me coming down to visit and see your hand.

Defense of "sniping" and "mouthboxing" (and also Dale's favorite slander and libel) is truth. Can you disprove his accusations with facts? I mean I know you want to fight everyone, but that's not a defense of slander or libel.

But I haven't even mentioned the most important part yet that Dale still does not understand:

Even if he comes down to NYC, if you videotape it or not, if you win, if you lose, if unicorns fly across the sky, none of that proves or disproves his accusation.

Why do you always want to fight people (sorry, "have a friendly match" with) people who say things you don't like (after you accuse them of slander and libel)?

If you win, that doesn't prove you right.

If they win, that also doesn't prove them right.

Were you a bully in school and never outgrew it and that's why you think the person who wins the fight is right, or did you get bullied a lot and never got out of that mindset and now that you're a giant you need to beat people (in "friendly matches", of course) to see who is right?

Can you imagine Dale as a judge in a court?

Lawyer: "your honor, we have video proof of this guy mugging my client and stealing his car."

Dale: "Yeah, but he says he's innocent, and he beat him up so he must be right. I find him not guilty."

:rolleyes:

Lucas
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
who cares if dale wants to fight people. thats what most martial artists like to do. if he beat you up it might not make him right about something (i'm not saying hes wrong in the first place, maybe hes right anyway but just wants to bust some disrespectful teeth out) but it will feel **** good. and thats enough in and of itself.

if one person makes a living and their career in the martial world, they should be expecting to fight every now and then. and if they talk **** to somone in that world, guess what? they should be ready to fight. thats how it works.

Lucas
09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
i believe in trial by battle!!!

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
who cares if dale wants to fight people. thats what most martial artists like to do. if he beat you up it might not make him right about something (i'm not saying hes wrong in the first place, maybe hes right anyway but just wants to bust some disrespectful teeth out) but it will feel **** good. and thats enough in and of itself.

if one person makes a living and their career in the martial world, they should be expecting to fight every now and then. and if they talk **** to somone in that world, guess what? they should be ready to fight. thats how it works.

No one has even "talked ****" to Dale. Although Dale has certainly "talked ****" to others. They've simply asked him to provide proof some some things that he is claiming. Entirely reasonable requests.

The general concensus isn't even that Dale sucks at iron palm or iron body. I myself have even said that he seems to have good skills.

The issue with Dale is that he doesn't understand logical reasoning is incredibly unprofessional. I'm legitimately surprised he gets any business from this forum, although I suspect his customers are the timid types who want to align themselves with the scary bully.

Even our beloved Gene Ching calls Dale on his BS. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=885408&postcount=73)

Dale cannot handle criticism, so he gets mad, challenges people, or changes the subject. He has been doing that for years. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=885250&postcount=58) And I'm not the first person to notice. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=885256&postcount=60) Unforunately, it seems he never learned how to handle criticism without getting defensive or trying to change the subject.

He also posts PMs openly on the forum (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=872280&postcount=43) (kind of douchey behavior) and gets called on it (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=885245&postcount=57). Wouldn't you expect more respect from a IMA instructor who teaches respect?

Can you imagine Dale on a music forum?

Dale: "hey guys, check out this new song my band just recorded."

Poster: "Meh, not really my style."

Dale: "Why don't you come here and say that to my face? I will make you like it!"

http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

wenshu
09-14-2012, 03:55 PM
You so scared yo alias has an alias.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM
You so scared yo alias has an alias.

My alias' alias has an alias and he is behind 7 proxies.

And his door is never open. Sorry.

Lucas
09-14-2012, 04:37 PM
it depends on what you consider sh!t talking. doesnt matter if someone is right or wrong about a subject or anything really in regards to what is or isnt sh!t talking, but for example, your last post, is most definately sh!t talking. just as an example.

i dont really care one way or the other, im just passing time at work since its really slow. i'm not invested in any way, but i'll still respond because i feel like it.

but this isnt a music forum, its a forum for a particular martial art. that being said, fighting is part of the martial world, in case you hadnt noticed. :p

i do like your little spinny laughing face tho in your post thats neat.

taai gihk yahn
09-14-2012, 05:12 PM
I think what needs to be teased out are a few things: first off, in regards to that video of Dale being hit, frankly, there are two things that don't work in its favor in terms of showing IB: first, it doesn't look like the two guys are hitting him all that hard; second, Dale is a lot bigger than his two assistants, which most people will interpret as a rationale for why he can take their shots;

the fact that numerous unrelated posters over the years have brought up both of these points strongly suggests that there is some validity to my observation;

that said however, this doesn't necessarily mean anything; for all we know, the two guys were in fact hitting Dale very hard; secondly, just because Dale is bigger than they are doesn't really mean much of anything either - they could still hurt him if the opportunity were there;

therefore, I think that you can't really say much about the video one way or another - it doesn't do a particularly good job of supporting Dale's claim to IB skill but at the same time it doesn't mean he doesn't have it (I mean, he does take their shots without crumpling into a ball and crying);

the key point here, the fact that Dale is willing to allow anyone who doubts his claims to come try it out on him; notice, he's not challenging anyone, he's offering them the chance to come test his claims if they don't believe it; so that at least stands as a counter balance to the video being less than definitive in terms of what it is showing;

as fas as the anonymity bit, I think it's a little bit of a fool's errand, and ultimately not that important; sure, it's dishonorable, possibly cowardly; and what? I mean, even a dishonorable coward can make a valid point; just because someone looks at Dale's vid (or anyone els's for that matter) and asks some pointed and reasonable questions, their ack of identification doesn't invalidate the query; the point is that, as Gene pointed out in his masquerade analogy, some of us go full on nekid (Gene, Dale, Scot Brown, David J.); others of us r semi-nude, having screen names, but not hiding our ID's (myself, HSK Warrior, Sanjuro), and others are fully clothed; and sure, while it's always irritating to deal w someone who spits bile from behind the relative safety of anonymity, at the same time, it's really not that big of a deal now, is it? I mean, people STILL troll on LKFMDC and he hasn't been here for close to a year now - and guess what, it's had zero impact on his livelihood or rep in the circles he travels in;

and Dale, TBH, you do somewhat set yourself up for continued sniping based on how you respond; if you didn't speak to it, I'm pretty sure it would go away much more quickly than not; just don't feed the trolls...

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 05:22 PM
it depends on what you consider sh!t talking. doesnt matter if someone is right or wrong about a subject or anything really in regards to what is or isnt sh!t talking, but for example, your last post, is most definately sh!t talking. just as an example.

Not really. I made statements and then backed them up with examples.

I didn't swear. I didn't insult. I made a claim and then supported it with proof.

i do like your little spinny laughing face tho in your post thats neat.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/highfive.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

GeneChing
09-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Even our beloved Gene Ching calls Dale on his BS. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=885408&postcount=73) Now I wouldn't quite say that was calling Dale on his B.S. ('cept for the kilt bit and that's a totally different matter). I've met Dale on several occasions. He's got skills and his company has supported my personal project, the WildAid Tiger Claw Champion (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57416), for years. However, I do think he needs to work out his issues with anonymous slanderers. Sure, I agree, it's annoying, but this 22K+ member online discussion forum which has been going for years has never required that anyone be forthcoming about their identity, so asking for such info now is akin to asking everyone to fight Queensbury rules in the Octagon.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 05:30 PM
[long post]

Agreed with pretty much everything to the extent that I didn't feel the need to quote your post and respond to individual sections of it. Great points made through logic and rational thought.

wenshu
09-14-2012, 05:31 PM

All that for one forum? Seems like a pathetic waste of time since you leave so many obvious clues anyways.

And his door is never open.

Why, your moms always barging into your room all uninvited and **** too?

Lucas
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Not really. I made statements and then backed them up with examples.

I didn't swear. I didn't insult. I made a claim and then supported it with proof.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/highfive.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

not really? but kinda sorta? so pretty much. :p

thats why i said it depends on what you consider **** talking. i consider the way you say things many times to be a form of sh!t talking. you apparently only consider swearing and direct insults as sh!t talking. thats cool too. but we just differ there with our opinions.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Now I wouldn't quite say that was calling Dale on his B.S. ('cept for the kilt bit and that's a totally different matter). I've met Dale on several occasions. He's got skills and his company has supported my personal project, the WildAid Tiger Claw Champion (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57416), for years. However, I do think he needs to work out his issues with anonymous slanderers. Sure, I agree, it's annoying, but this 22K+ member online discussion forum which has been going for years has never required that anyone be forthcoming about their identity, so asking for such info now is akin to asking everyone to fight Queensbury rules in the Octagon.

But Gene, only people who post their name, address, phone number, and social security number online can make valid points!

Anyone else, no matter how sound their logic or how objectively correct they are, is actually wrong.

One time Isaac Newton posted on a forum about the law of gravity. But people were like "lol, you're wrong." And then he was like "but guys, my name is Isaac Newton!" and suddenly everything stopped floating in the air and immediately fell to the ground as the universe changed itself to accommodate his now-crrect statement. All because he posted his name online! http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowdown.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Why, your moms always barging into your room all uninvited and **** too?

Leave my mom out of this and I'll leave this (*points to c0ck*) out of your mom http://smiliesftw.com/x/eekles.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-14-2012, 05:45 PM
not really? but kinda sorta? so pretty much. :p

thats why i said it depends on what you consider **** talking. i consider the way you say things many times to be a form of sh!t talking. you apparently only consider swearing and direct insults as sh!t talking. thats cool too. but we just differ there with our opinions.

Sh!t talking is like insulting or mocking someone.

If I say you suck at kung fu and couldn't fight your way out of a paper bag, that's sh!t talk. If I say you're a dbag, that's sh!t talk. It's generally playful and joking but can sometimes be serious. It's sometimes associated with machismo.

You are correct that it can be the way you say something.

I don't think my post was sh!t talking, though. I made some claims and supported them with proof. How they are interpreted is up to the reader.

wenshu
09-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Leave my mom out of this and I'll leave this (*points to c0ck*) out of your mom http://smiliesftw.com/x/eekles.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

You wouldn't say that to me with your main forum account. . .

http://i.qkme.me/35ojrl.jpg

Nah, that's what I thought.

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2012, 04:36 AM
You wouldn't say that to me with your main forum account. ..

waitaminit - people here have more than one account?!? (and I am not David Ross)

Dale Dugas
09-15-2012, 05:45 AM
I have an issue with anyone who hides behind a forum and snipes at people.
There are many others who feel the same way. But again this is something I cannot stomach and never will. Anyone who refuses to id themselves as a grown adult is hiding something for some reason. As Gene mentioned its my issue and I find nothing wrong with it.

I invite any and all critics to come visit me and hit me, and see what I can do. Few come to see but many feel they can critique or slander without evidence. Silly when you think of all the comments on empirical data, etc...

Unlike most people out there, I do not trick people out of their money and I offer iron skills at rather cheap rates compared to other so called "masters" who do nothing but steal people's money.

I can teach people to take much more abuse than normal untrained people. It is hard work, but if it was easy then others could replicate these skills. I can also teach you how to safely forge your hands so that you can hit harder and do real damage when you strike someone. These are the old methods of training fighters.

I have always openly invited any and all who have issues with Iron Palm, Iron Vest/Iron Body to come visit and test me out.

Rarely do the critics show up, claiming that the onus is on me to prove I can do what I can do. Actually the onus is on them to replicate what I can do, or visit me with a video camera where they can debunk me. To date no one has ever replicated my breaks or my IB demonstration. That is just the plain facts.

Chris(Tai Gik Yahn) and Gene and others have met me and Gene has seen me take a beating at my very first Zhang San Feng Festival now called the Tai Chi Gala with the same two Baguazhang teachers attacking me and one them was kicking me with combat boots on.

You should have seen the look on the old tai chi hippy people in the front row watching and listening to the noise as my fellow teachers were wailing away. It was priceless.

Gene was actually was there for the IB video that was shot and shown at another Festival.

I am a big person, but that does take away the fact that I can take more abuse than most. The two Baguazhang teachers in question are smaller than me, but then again most people are smaller than me.

Again, I post publicly videos of my skills and get crapped on by ignorant rubes who rant on about semantics rather than post up their own videos showing how they can replicate and demonstrate the same or better.

Say what you want, but all the haters seem to be whining rather than proving me wrong. Stop talking about it and show me up if you can. Until then you are just mouth boxing

Scott R. Brown
09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
waitaminit - people here have more than one account?!? (and I am not David Ross)

Did I miss something exciting?

What's an account? And...can I get one? How much do they cost? What do I do with one, once I have it? Can I share it? Do I get more than one? What do I do with more than one if I have more than one? Exactly how many can I have? Do I have to have more than one? Can I post under someone else's name who already has an account? Does one of my accounts have to be under the name David Ross? Do I have to live in Canada to have an account? Can I have an account even if I am not as big as Shrek? Will Al Qaeda attack me just because I have an account? Am I allowed to post pictures of scantily clad wimin from Canada who are not account members wives unless they have already been posted on these internets? Just who is this Lucas guy and why is he a werewolf who shaves and looks like Loki? Does Taai Gihk Yahn ever get any sleep.....and if he does.....why does he YAHN so much? Is Gene Ching the KING of these internets? Where does he get all those ninjettes? Do they come in chocolate? What is TCMA and how do I get one? BTW....just where is these internets located...I can't find it on Google Maps? Who is this Scott R. Brown and why does he post under a nom de guerre and not a nom de plume? What is that hypnotic picture by his name and why is he trying to hypnotize the world?

More questions to follow......once all of these are answered to my satifaction!:p

If I am completely ignored, I will feel safe to assume the answers to all of my questions are "TRUE"!

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Did I miss something exciting?

What's an account? And...can I get one? How much do they cost? What do I do with one, once I have it? Can I share it? Do I get more than one? What do I do with more than one if I have more than one? Exactly how many can I have? Do I have to have more than one? Can I post under someone else's name who already has an account? Does one of my accounts have to be under the name David Ross? Do I have to live in Canada to have an account? Can I have an account even if I am not as big as Shrek? Will Al Qaeda attack me just because I have an account? Am I allowed to post pictures of scantily clad wimin from Canada who are not account members wives unless they have already been posted on these internets? Just who is this Lucas guy and why is he a werewolf who shaves and looks like Loki? Does Taai Gihk Yahn ever get any sleep.....and if he does.....why does he YAHN so much? Is Gene Ching the KING of these internets? Where does he get all those ninjettes? Do they come in chocolate? What is TCMA and how do I get one? BTW....just where is these internets located...I can't find it on Google Maps? Who is this Scott R. Brown and why does he post under a nom de guerre and not a nom de plume? What is that hypnotic picture by his name and why is he trying to hypnotize the world?

More questions to follow......once all of these are answered to my satifaction!:p

If I am completely ignored, I will feel safe to assume the answers to all of my questions are "TRUE"!

that's quite an account; I don't quite know how to account for it all; just take into account that you will be held accountable in the event that all your accounts don't add up...

Scott R. Brown
09-15-2012, 09:02 AM
that's quite an account; I don't quite know how to account for it all; just take into account that you will be held accountable in the event that all your accounts don't add up...

Do I need to know how to count to have an account?

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2012, 10:23 AM

I would count on it...

hskwarrior
09-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
I would count on it...

by all accounts. YES. :p

Scott R. Brown
09-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I would count on it...

by all accounts. YES. :p

I will start training with the Sesame Street Count in order to learn to count on counting so that I may make a good accounting of having an account. I hope I can count on your accounts to support my account!

hskwarrior
09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I will start training with the Sesame Street Count in order to learn to count on counting so that I may make a good accounting of having an account. I hope I can count on your accounts to support my account!

I can account to accountablility accountable to the accounted! AND! you can count on that account!

LaterthanNever
09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
"Wow. Now I must reevaluate my mental image of trolls "

Gene,

As Dale and others here agree(and I share their feelings), I don't like trolls. But could you just allow trolls who look like the accompanying women in the photo? I like the one w/ the purple hair especially. :)

All other must register w/ the McMillan institute for the feeble minded..:D

Lucas
09-15-2012, 02:08 PM
This seems like a good time to let you all know i have a new accounting agency, and i would like to extend my services to you all. Www.werecounting/loki.net free accounting to count anyones accounts who have more than one account. Im counting on all of you to count your accounts to see if you require my counting account accounting services. Hitherto i only offered these services to werewolves and children of the all father, so count yourselves lucky!

Scott R. Brown
09-15-2012, 03:46 PM
This seems like a good time to let you all know i have a new accounting agency, and i would like to extend my services to you all. Www.werecounting/loki.net free accounting to count anyones accounts who have more than one account. Im counting on all of you to count your accounts to see if you require my counting account accounting services. Hitherto i only offered these services to werewolves and children of the all father, so count yourselves Loki!

You can count on me to have your back Loki..... errrrrr..... Lucas! ;)

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2012, 04:26 PM
The Truth Revealed AT LAST!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JxBgYojs5M0/TrQBC_w1j2I/AAAAAAABtkM/36o-VVBm-50/s1600/count.jpg

jo
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM

I dont think you could count on that...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/jerry-nelson-dead-sesame-street-count-dies-78_n_1829942.html

jo
09-15-2012, 08:55 PM
...This is a martial arts forum, not a village market in China.

If you, or someone you support/respect, is hawking wares on the internet or in real life, please...do not get your panties in a twist if people speak out against the product and/or the producer of said product.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Especially the consumer.

When confronted with specific claims, the offended parties should be able to refute said claims with facts, and not name-calling and threats of legal proceedings.

You may be a "true-believer" of an individual or enterprise, but that does not automatically remake the truth to conveniently fit the stories you have been told.

Its a free market, and the consumers have every right to express themselves about the products being brought to market.

-jo

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/jerry-nelson-dead-sesame-street-count-dies-78_n_1829942.html

oh that's nothing - it's a well known fact around here that Scott's been dead for years (but just don't tell him that, we don't want to upset the delicate balance he's achieved as an undead vampire)

Scott R. Brown
09-16-2012, 01:38 AM

Gee wiz! I didn't account for that! What is one to do if you can't count on the Count to count in order to account for ones counting on accounting for one's account? That no account Count! :mad:

oh that's nothing - it's a well known fact around here that Scott's been dead for years (but just don't tell him that, we don't want to upset the delicate balance he's achieved as an undead vampire)

Just because one is undead does not mean they are dead! If they were dead they would be dead and not undead!

Clearly you are unread about the undead being undead instead of dead dead. Go ask Fred who read the undead fled the dead instead staying dead when they bled til they were said to be dead dead instead of undead dead. The undead fed the dead instead, at least that's what Ned said Fred read about how the undead led the dead, but fed the dead dead instead of being bled and wed to the undead dead. :p

David Jamieson
09-17-2012, 09:01 AM

And his door is never open. Sorry.

Dude, your argument is super weak and not true. I think you are perhaps just envious? Don't feel comfortable around people who can walk the walk and make it clear?

Should everyone just listen to their critics?

F*ck critics. they do nothing, contribute nothing and share nothing but a critical attitude. That's not valid criticism, it's just contrary belligerence and quite frankly, that deserves a slap in the face.

Critics have never contributed anything to the world of any value. Think about it. Think about famous critics. How many can you name? How many do you agree their services are absolutely necessary.

pfft. Critics = Worthless. Especially ignorant ones who just shoot their mouths off.

I remain unconvinced of your argument and sadly still see you as even more of a whiner due to this posturing .

GeneChing
09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Is Gene Ching the KING of these internets? Where does he get all those ninjettes? Do they come in chocolate?
1. I prefer the title of Emperor over King.
2. I get all my ninjettes from here (http://www.martialartsmart.com/).
3. Only extra dark 78% Cacao.

But could you just allow trolls who look like the accompanying women in the photo? I like the one w/ the purple hair especially. :) We're working on it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Lucas
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
he's an undead vampire

I knew it!!!!!! I have a pretty good sense of smell, and I knew he smelt not dead, yet not alive!!!!

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Dude, your argument is super weak and not true. I think you are perhaps just envious? Don't feel comfortable around people who can walk the walk and make it clear?

Should everyone just listen to their critics?

F*ck critics. they do nothing, contribute nothing and share nothing but a critical attitude. That's not valid criticism, it's just contrary belligerence and quite frankly, that deserves a slap in the face.

Critics have never contributed anything to the world of any value. Think about it. Think about famous critics. How many can you name? How many do you agree their services are absolutely necessary.

pfft. Critics = Worthless. Especially ignorant ones who just shoot their mouths off.

I remain unconvinced of your argument and sadly still see you as even more of a whiner due to this posturing .

Maximum trolling http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

No one is so dumb IRL as to believe people should be taken at their word without substantiating their claims. No one. I mean that's like basic logic. Surely Canadian schooling is better than that.

Therefore, you are trolling!

btw, I can levitate. I don't have to show proof, but I can do it. If you don't believe me I will accuse you of slander and libel. How dare you question my abilities. You must be jealous because I can levitate and you can't and therefore you slander and libel me online because you suck and don't contribute anything to society.

PS. I posted this while levitating.

jo
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I would like to pre-order the DVD's of you levitating with great masters in Ping Shan town in China!!!! Yes!!! I want the complete set to get the your bonus book, "Its True Because I said so!"

- jo

Lucas
09-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I can levitate better than him. I can go higher, levitate longer, levitate harder, and levitate faster. I can even teach you how to levitate other people and objects. Some of my more advanced students can levitate trucks and even buses!

David Jamieson
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Backtracking and trying to turn things into a joke doesn't remove the incorrect from what you said.

Or the fact that you hold unwarranted vitriol towards another based on some spurious idea that the person you are criticizing owes you something.

They don't.

Prepare to be called on your criticisms if you make them. It's really that simple.

Lucas
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
well dale does put up videos of him doing the things he claims. people can make up any excuse to try and discredit the videos. for example, dale is pretty big, the guys hitting him are regular size people. regular size people can hit pretty frackin hard. i know cuz im regular size and i can hit hard, as can many many other people regular and even small size people.

dale makes a great point. show youreself doing better. or better yet someone should visit him with a camera and actually discredit him...you know rather than just shouting from the top of a hill that they dont like him very much. we all know why that wont happen though...because there is nothing to discredit. the guy can take heavy hits, its obvious.

the real issue here in regards to dale is that some people dont like dale on a personal level, for what ever reason, and like to get a rise out of him, and want to try and make him lose face on some level. thats the actual issue with dale and his troll stalkers, regardless of what you or anyone else says. you can argue me all you want, you, me and everyone else knows im 100% right on that.

Dale Dugas
09-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Jo,

Are you in NYC?

It's easy enough for me to come down to visit and you can hit me, and see for yourself what I can and cannot take for punishment.

We could exchange mantis as well, but I guarantee you will just whine/complain like most mouth boxers here that I am threatening you, blah blah blah when that is not the case as it will be in public and you can film it and I will film it and then you and I could broadcast the video on youtube for all to see one way or another.

I have learned much from my teachers and elder brothers.

Have you?

I have no issue with showing people what I can and cannot do.

But you and all the whiny critical mouth boxers here or anywhere never step up to show anyone anything but hate and negative Qi.

all you and the other mouth boxers do is complain, whine, b itch and moan, rather than show anyone that they can replicate what they are complaining/whining about.

it is really simple.

put up or shut up.

David Jamieson
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
put up or shut up.

And that is the crux of the biscuit gentlemen.

/thread.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-18-2012, 11:45 AM
So you're saying that only people who can do something better than what is being claimed can provide criticism?

I want to make sure I understand your "logic" correctly.

David Jamieson
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
So you're saying that only people who can do something better than what is being claimed can provide criticism?

I want to make sure I understand your "logic" correctly.

If a critic wants to ensure his criticism is correct, he should invite himself to make the attempt at disproving. Otherwise, he's not a critic, he's just belligerent. Huge difference. One actually is trying to learn and understand and the other is just being a mouthy sh1t for the sake of it.

I don't think anyone said anything about being better. It's about being honest.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
If a critic wants to ensure his criticism is correct, he should invite himself to make the attempt at disproving. Otherwise, he's not a critic, he's just belligerent. Huge difference. One actually is trying to learn and understand and the other is just being a mouthy sh1t for the sake of it.

I don't think anyone said anything about being better. It's about being honest.

So how is anyone going to disprove my mad levitation skillz?

I learned from this guy. He's my master. (Skip to around 35:30 in this movie). You can see him levitate. VIDEO PROOF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyrgcwziASA

Lucas
09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
ya but where is your video of you levitating? dale has vids of him breaking, being hit, etc. so your 'logic' is weak. you seem to feel you dont have to put up as much evidence as dale in terms of being accepted.

we will accept you when you do what dale has done. put your name up, with your face, and your vids. thats what he did. actually he also posted his phone number and address so ANYONE can go to him and confront his evidenced claims. we're just saying, do at least an equal amount of self evidenced material. or are you better than everyone else and dont need to do that? dale isnt just saying he can do stuff, hes showing, and then saying; 'come disprove me'

you havnt gone near that.

I find you lacking, sir.

YouKnowWho
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Sometime I just wonder what this forum will be like when all members are required to put up their personal picture along with a heavy bag work out personal clip.

Lucas
09-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Sometime I just wonder what this forum will be like when all members are required to put up their personal picture along with a heavy bag work out personal clip.

I dont think its necessary. But when you have people who follow others around and act like trolls (obviously so) its only fair to ask them to put up as much as the people they are targeting.

Lucas
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
for example, if someone saw a video of yours on how to do 'shoulder throw' and say you are no good and your throw lacks power and control, i would want them to show me their shoulder throw for a comparison. it is easy for people to criticise others video while they do not offer their own.

i dont think people need to post video or their face unless they put themselves into a position where that is the way they can back up their criticisms.

sanjuro_ronin
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM

I think that if a person is advocating something that they SHOULD put up the "proof", why not?
As for the counters to whatever they may be advocating, well, those are fine too and to be expected and even welcomed.
Heck, if I come her and say I have a better way of doing the splits, one that makes you do it faster and with less time, unless I posted a video of me doing the splits and how I did that, I would EXPECT to be called on my BS.

YouKnowWho
09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
i dont think people need to post video or their face unless they put themselves into a position where that is the way they can back up their criticisms.
I think we will have less trolls if we all know how a troll's face suppose to look like.

If we can see how "internal" power be performed on a heavy bag, it may stop some "internal" vs. "external' argument for good.

sanjuro_ronin
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I think we will have less trolls if we all know how a troll's face suppose to look like.

If we can see how "internal" power be performed on a heavy bag, it may stop some "internal" vs. "external' argument for good.

One can hope...

Lucas
09-18-2012, 02:04 PM

you are probably right. we must all verify our account with government issue identification!

YouKnowWho
09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
When someone said that he/she has developed some superior power, do you have the curiosity to know how that person may look like? I know I do.

Many years ago a guy called my school and told me that he was raised in Shaolin temple and had 4 black belt in 4 different styles. I asked him how old he was, he said he was 60 years old. I really want to meet this old master. When he came to my school, he was a 16 years old boy. Because my Chinglish, when he said 16, I thought he said 60.

I Hate Ashida Kim
09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
So that guy's levitation video (which was obviously fake by the way), you're saying that no one has the right to say it's BS unless they can really levitate?