PDA

View Full Version : What is red sand palm?

phantom
10-04-2001, 05:35 PM
What does red sand palm training entail? What benefits can it give you that iron palm cannot? Is it worth doing? Thanks in advance.

IronFist
10-04-2001, 10:02 PM
It's one of those things that people always mention but no one knows anything about.

In other words, I have no idea.

Iron

SevenStar
10-05-2001, 11:14 AM
A practitioner of Red Sand Palm simply has to make a striking or rubbing motion in the air before him and the intended target of the attack will be wounded. The wound will slowly sicken the victim and will cause death in 10-15 days.

However, I have seen it referred to as iron sand palm, which leads me more to believe that this is just iron pale training, however, I remember reading the training method for red sand palm, and it's not like iron palm training. Anyway, there is a book called "Kung Fu: History. Philosophy and Technique" I think it's still in print - check the net and MA mags.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

IronFist
10-05-2001, 11:40 AM
As far as I know (I may be wrong), Kung Fu History Philosophy and Technique stole all those "kungs" from a more comprehensive "kung" book called "72 consumate shaolin skills" or something.

THe only thing, while the 72 consummate arts book sounds cool by description, it's not designed where you can follow the training, nor is the training described well.

Iron

SevenStar
10-05-2001, 06:36 PM
I've never heard of that one. Is it also under unique publications?

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

IronFist
10-05-2001, 09:55 PM
No, it's some weird publisher. I forgot who. But the book quality (in terms of physical quality of materials and stuff) isn't that good. I think Wing Lam sells it. But, when I bought mine they were sold out so I had to get it from somewhere else. I forgot where, though :) Just do a search for it.

Iron

David
10-07-2001, 12:14 PM
Chow Gar Sifu Ip Chee Keung describes hand conditioning as "blood sand palm". I don't train with him now so I don't know where he's going with that.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

templefist
10-12-2001, 04:48 AM
from what ive learned from my sifu and my seniors is that red sand palm is another form of hand conditioning (i.e. iron palm) i think that with the red sand palm you have to use a different type of jow that you have to heat up. ive heard that with the training of red sand palm that you can leave hand prints when you strike someone.

honorisc
10-12-2001, 07:26 AM
McLisa Enterprises: the Unseen Mind Force of Kung Fu. Something called cinnabar palm. Rubbing of your hands above the sand until the sand moves...the book says more. This is used to strike to kill without making contact~ with the intended.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.