PDA

View Full Version : Great Huen Choy!

MightyB
09-24-2012, 06:01 AM
This is an awesome example of the power of a proper Huen Choy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkRatFapdYM

-N-
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Nice one.

asdf

Black Mantis
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I love it!!

yu shan
09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Keep those hands up kids.

mooyingmantis
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok, its not in "the cage". :rolleyes:

But I think my 16 year old son gives a nice performance of the same technique in sparring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcr1TNC-ygI&feature=youtu.be

-N-
09-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Ok, its not in "the cage". :rolleyes:

But I think my 16 year old son gives a nice performance of the same technique in sparring

He is probably fast against the big guy.

He might like setting up the huen chui with a fast straight attack like a grab punch or ou lou tsai. Then follow with low kick.

He also might like grab punch to face, driving horse punch to the body for power against the big guy, then fast transition to huen chui up high again.

If he wants to counter punch, use his speed to do single goose exits formation, huen chui, uppercut.

Emphasize the classic Mantis strategies in his sparring. I usually discourage my students from opening with the slower movements.

mooyingmantis
10-04-2012, 05:25 PM
He is probably fast against the big guy.

He might like setting up the huen chui with a fast straight attack like a grab punch or ou lou tsai. Then follow with low kick.

He also might like grab punch to face, driving horse punch to the body for power against the big guy, then fast transition to huen chui up high again.

If he wants to counter punch, use his speed to do single goose exits formation, huen chui, uppercut.

Emphasize the classic Mantis strategies in his sparring. I usually discourage my students from opening with the slower movements.

Sorry, just finally saw this post.

Good suggestions!

We normally train:

Insert Strike > Single Goose Exits Formation > Circle Strike > Uppercut Strike

Insert Strike > Single Goose Exits Formation > Circle Strike > Lead Front Kick > Crushing Strike (ala Essentials #1)

Circle Strike > Gathering Strike > Peach Hidden Under Leaf (ala Xiao Fanche)