PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Monk Martial Arts

Sima Rong
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows much about this school, based in Sydney.

http://www.shaolinmonkmartialarts.com/index.htm

LFJ
09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I remember him! He must have been keeping quiet since Sal and I kind of got into it with him on here a while back. It was in the middle of the Shaolin Xin Yi Related Sets thread, but almost the entire back-and-forth was deleted back then upon his pleading request. His posts only appear in quotes. :)

pazman
09-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I remember him as well.

He seemed very keen on emphasizing his 4th duan ranking.:rolleyes:

Still, it looks like he has done well for himself, with all of his branches.

He has many videos on youtube. You can see and judge for yourself his skill level.:cool:

Sima Rong
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Ahhh...OK then. Thanks guys! His form just looked very different from the Shaolin sets I had seen, and quite rigid. Maybe I should leave it here. :)

taai gihk yahn
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
he has a very nice, polished website;

however, just the dofus look on his face was a turn-off;

that, and anytime I see someone who isn't a shaolin monk, meaning living in the manner as a monk would, (which isn't easy, believe me, I've hung out for a week at a time in a real Ch'an Buddhist monastery, and those guys who r "t3h r3alz" don't hav it soft) wearing the trappings, it raises an eyebrow or three...

LFJ
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
His website used to have a lot more "info" and it was interactive, complete with a discussion board and you could comment on pics and videos. Seems he decided against all that being a good idea. No longer approves comments on his Youtube videos either.