Xian
09-30-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDLiQFCyls

Enjoy :)

Best regards,
Xian

Bacon
09-30-2012, 02:10 PM
It looks like goofy hand waving tai chi style something rather than wing chun. The silly cinematography didn't help either.

PalmStriker
09-30-2012, 02:14 PM
MMMMMmmmm...... I smell bacon frying. Shouldn't be too long for your trolling to make for crispy. :D

Xian
09-30-2012, 03:42 PM
It looks like goofy hand waving tai chi style something rather than wing chun. The silly cinematography didn't help either.

Thats not Yip Man Family Wing Chun. Or neither Yiu Choi Wing Chun as they also use a Jong Kuen set. That is Tang Family Weng Chun from Honkong. They use the Eternal Character instead of the Beautiful Character in Wing Chun.

ALso depending on the family they use other sets. Not the typical Siu Lim Tao, Chum Kiu Biu Jee.
Instead its Weng Chun Kuen, Saam Pai Fut, Jong Kuen, Heaven Wooden Dummy,Earth Wooden Dummy and others..

Best regards,
Xian

desertwingchun2
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
We need a "like" button!!

Bacon
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Thats not Yip Man Family Wing Chun. Or neither Yiu Choi Wing Chun as they also use a Jong Kuen set. That is Tang Family Weng Chun from Honkong. They use the Eternal Character instead of the Beautiful Character in Wing Chun.

ALso depending on the family they use other sets. Not the typical Siu Lim Tao, Chum Kiu Biu Jee.
Instead its Weng Chun Kuen, Saam Pai Fut, Jong Kuen, Heaven Wooden Dummy,Earth Wooden Dummy and others..

Best regards,
Xian

I know. And I'm fine withit being a different lineage and different forms. I disagree with the way he plays the forms. Circling flowy punches in a form like that do not train anything effective. There was no real power to anything in there and all the movements were too flowy and hand-waving.
Add to that the goofy cinematography and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

wtxs
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I know. And I'm fine withit being a different lineage and different forms. I disagree with the way he plays the forms. Circling flowy punches in a form like that do not train anything effective. There was no real power to anything in there and all the movements were too flowy and hand-waving.
Add to that the goofy cinematography and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

How can you be FINE with the differences of linage as an whole and turn around to ridicule how they perform their form? It does make it sound like you are one of them "my linage/style of WC is way better". :rolleyes:

Don't discount there is no power and therefore not effective in the circling/flowing movements ... remember what Bruce Lee said in his movie about not focus on the finger pointing at ...

zuti car
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
First thing you learn in almost any Wing Chun school anywhere on the world is: " Anything different from my Wing Chun is not Wing Chun, at the best, it is wrong and ineffective ".

Runlikehell
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
First thing you learn in almost any Wing Chun school anywhere on the world is: " Anything different from my Wing Chun is not Wing Chun, at the best, it is wrong and ineffective ".

Yep. I remember my old Wing Chun instructor going through my copy of Complete Wing Chun, pointing at photos and saying 'that's not Wing Chun' etc.
At least he acknowledged that it was from a different lineage, and didn't automatically jump to conclusions about it not working. :)

Bacon
10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Let's just say if he punches the way he punches in those forms it would take several hundred of those to even come close to knocking me out.

wtxs
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
MMMMMmmmm...... I smell bacon frying. Shouldn't be too long for your trolling to make for crispy. :D

That's funny, PalmStriker.

Let's just say if he punches the way he punches in those forms it would take several hundred of those to even come close to knocking me out.

It's just a demo of one of their form/routine you moron ... or are you seeing it as been used in real "application" like Yoshi? Never mind ... he's likely had more of martial art "training" than you, be his friend and he maybe able to teach you WHAT he knows. :rolleyes: