PDA

View Full Version : Dredd

Lucas
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I really liked this movie. Not a lot of story, but enough to support the action. :D

Dredd reminds me a lot of a slasher flick, only with the hero doing all the slashing..and more in the form of shooting. There are some outstanding gore scenes done very well that lends to some good shock factor. Unlike the original Judge Dredd movie, this one is all action. Dredd is definately hardcore. Doesnt take his helmet off once in the film, which lends itself to that faceless killer...with a badge.

The spine of the story revolves around a new emerging drug called 'slo mo' that makes the user percieve time at 1% the normal rate. So being a 3D film lets them have some spectacular slow motion effects...sparkling water, splattering gore, even a slow motion view of someone crushing into the ground face first from a hight of 200 stories, viewed as though the ground is glass and you're looking up through it.

Dredd definately comes off as a badass in this. I got a closer feel to the comic book Dredd than the Stalone version gave off.

sanjuro_ronin
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
First let me make it clear how much I hate the 3D trend.
:mad:

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie, an old school action movie.
I haven't seen it yet but I am looking forward to it on blu-ray.
The Stallone one was OK, his "I am the Law" was too funny.
I always felt Stallone's was overly civilized and tame and it seems I may have been right.

Lucas
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Ya that line is repeated in this one, but the usage is a bit less cheesy and part of a dialog rather than a stand alone statement. Some kind of cliche lines through out though in classic action tradition. No comedy relief character for this which is nice. I didnt like the comedian in the first one and felt it took a lot away from the movie. This ones nothing but Dredd being a total badass.

The only reason I decided to watch this in 3D vs HD is because it was actually filmed in 3D as opposed to converted.

This one is not so futuristic, no flying Judge bikes, pretty much like the world is today with the addition to the super structures and the Judges side arm.

bawang
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
dredd is Badass. im gonna see it this weekend.

Lucas
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Hell ya he is. Let me know what you think about the gratuitous dredd violence

bawang
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
i already saw it torrented, but its so good i need to see it in 3d

i wish dredd could be my father

Lucas
10-02-2012, 09:41 AM
LOL I wish Dredd was my father too. You're going to love all that gore in 3d !!

bawang
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
i just read that dredd bombed in theaters. im so sad man, all the bad movies are popular and good movies get ignored.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
i just read that dredd bombed in theaters. im so sad man, all the bad movies are popular and good movies get ignored.

In this culture where "50 shades of Grey" is on the best seller list, does ANYTHING surprise you?
LMAO !

bawang
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
yeah but now there wont be any sequels. i was looking forward to many magical adventures with dredd like the comic books.

:(

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 11:11 AM
There's always the Twilight series.

Lucas
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Ya man I think its a bummer too. Dredd was a badass movie. People are just stupid.

I think its due to the decline of masculinity and the feminization of our men by feminists.

Many men are weak in todays world, and they resemble women and are obsessed with trying to impress women by being like women, rather than impressing women by being able to destroy all the other men around them.

bawang
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
There's always the Twilight series.

thats cold, man.

Ya man I think its a bummer too. Dredd was a badass movie. People are just stupid.

I think its due to the decline of masculinity and the feminization of our men by feminists.

Many men are weak in todays world, and they resemble women and are obsessed with trying to impress women by being like women, rather than impressing women by being able to destroy all the other men around them.

ya. we need men who are strong and crush their enemies with no mercy or remorse, like george bush.

Lucas
10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
lol!

did you know that dredd is the same guy that played dr. mccoy on the newest star trek movie.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
lol!

did you know that dredd is the same guy that played dr. mccoy on the newest star trek movie.

He's a great actor, saw him in RED with Bruce Willis and he did some good "MMA" in it too.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM

We don't have that issue here, we are all MA, we are manly men, we never get sand in our vagina !
Oh wait...never mind.

Lucas
10-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Ya he is pretty good. There is this scene where Dredd is patching himself up, and i know its cheesy, but I wish he would have said '**** it im a judge not a doctor' lol

Scott R. Brown
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I saw the movie, not in 3D which I refuse to watch, it was great. Dredd barely talks the whole movie. It didn't need a plot overly complicating the action. Even my boys, ages 16 and 21,appreciated that they didn't ruin the action with too much plot. They had just enough plot to justify the action. Some of the gore was maybe unnecessary but we still hoped for a sequel after we enjoyed this one!

Scott R. Brown
10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
lol!

He's a great actor, saw him in RED with Bruce Willis and he did some good "MMA" in it too.

Hey was also Eomir in The Two Towers and the Russian assassin in the second Bourne movie.

taai gihk yahn
10-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Hey was also Eomir in The Two Towers and the Russian assassin in the second Bourne movie.

that actor always has a look like he has some sort of perpetual lower intestinal discomfort...

Scott R. Brown
10-03-2012, 08:40 AM
that actor always has a look like he has some sort of perpetual lower intestinal discomfort...

Yes he does, doesn't he!! LOL!!

I think it is supposed to be seething rage under tight control!!!

That is how I live every day!

Lucas
10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Thats Hulk's secret.

And how DARE you call that gore unnecessary! They're just trying to adhere to a higher quality of detail! Thats why so much of the gore was in slow motion!

Scott R. Brown
10-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Thats Hulk's secret.

And how DARE you call that gore unnecessary! They're just trying to adhere to a higher quality of detail! Thats why so much of the gore was in slow motion!

Well you clearly have an artists eye, I have a human stomach!!!!:p

Lucas
10-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I do! I also have two of my own besides the eye I took from that poor artist.

mawali
10-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Hey, I enjoyed it! It seemed to be a Western version of 'The Raid".
I wanted to take my son (16-parental supervision) to see it but
he and his freinds wanted to see 'The Campaign" :confused:

Lucas
10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll have to check out The Raid.

bawang
10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
i just came back from seeing it, it was the manliest movie i have seen in a long time. my testicle increase diameter by 3.5 cm after seeing this