PDA

View Full Version : Bak Sing in Vancouver

Satori Science
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I am back living on the west coast and a small group of guys have connected with me and are training together in Vancouver. Let me know if you are in the area and interested in learning Bak Sing fighting arts &/or some Sun Style Xingyi/Sanda.

Best,

jdhowland
10-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I would love to look you up next time I get down that way.

Please keep us informed of your groups activities.

Syn7
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM

You on the Russian side or the Alaska side?

jdhowland
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
You on the Russian side or the Alaska side?

Alaska side. Kenai Peninsula--a suburb of North Seattle. The Russians are getting far ther away without the sea ice--can't walk across between the Diomedes anymore. It's easy to forget sometimes which side of the straight I'm on while waiting in line between chatty groups of Russian-American "Old Believers."

During the good old Cold War days it was easier for Alaskans to boat over and visit friends and family on the other side. Now the Bering fishing industry on the Siberian side has been taken over by Russian gangsters and the people have it pretty tough. (sigh) I miss Siberia.

Glad you got the Beringian reference, though.

Satori Science
10-12-2012, 11:56 AM

We are about 7-9 guys strong and training informally once sometimes twice a week. Its a real pleasure to teach again and having a blast!

jdhowland
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
We are about 7-9 guys strong and training informally once sometimes twice a week. Its a real pleasure to teach again and having a blast!

Glad to hear it! May your tribe increase.