PDA

View Full Version : Human Muscle Pictures

PHILBERT
10-11-2001, 04:01 AM
Ok, I am betting IronFist will know the answer. He always knows the answer.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website/location of a drawing (perfer a drawing) of the human muscle system and all major muscles labeled? I got books and all, but they show the muscles one at a time. Like it shows the chest and labels that, then a few pages later, the arms, etc. (If you got Arnold's Encyclopedia for Bodybuilding, you know what I am mean.) I was wondering if anyone knew a site that had the muscle system labeled in detail? Thanks.

PHILBERT

Gluteus Maximus
10-11-2001, 06:08 PM
Check out "Exercise and Muscle Directory", "Muscle Body Map" and "Exercise Body Map":

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

Max

Yooby Yoody

IronFist
10-12-2001, 02:22 AM
PHILBERT,

Sorry, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

You're looking for a drawing of the whole body, with all the muscles (the main ones at least0 labled, right? I think I've only seen sections, like what's in the Arnold book.

However, you could just look at this guy:
http://www.sa-spurs.com/tm/fullsize/t_felb01.jpg

He's got almost everything visible. That's some low bodyfat, but he still looks like a human being (as opposed to like Ronnie Coleman or Dorian Yates, who look inhuman :P)

Seriously, tho, I'll try to see what I can find concerning the entire body.

Iron

PHILBERT
10-12-2001, 06:10 AM
Thanks man. I've seen pictures, like at the gym and all (but they were in different parts of the body). I've seen some before like at teacher's stores for science. And in books. But I just want some pictures I can download off the net, print up and look over and study. I am sure this would be very useful in the future of KFO if someone did find the pics.

PHILBERT

Gluteus Maximus
10-12-2001, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am sure this would be very useful in the future of KFO if someone did find the pics. [/quote]

:rolleyes:

Max

Yooby Yoody

honorisc
10-12-2001, 12:57 PM
Click on Muscle system. (http://www.innerbody.com/htm/body.html)

The Encyclopedia Britanica on anatomy might have sections on clear pages. But when you put enough of the clearpages over top of one-another you have a whole system~. General idea.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

PHILBERT
10-12-2001, 05:11 PM
Gluteus Maximus, that way if someone else on this site (or someone who comes here in the future) and asks say for leg exercises for the legs, blah, blah and needs a picture. We can say "Go here" and put a link and say "It has the muscles named off". Hard to explain really how I see it. Ok, someone needs to see different muscles of the body. Like me for example. If we go on and put up a link, and someone comes here and asks, we can just do a search for this topic and then give him the link. It'd be easier to go on and get it out. Kind of like all these guys asking about abs? We got plenty of pages on abs already, just do a search.

PHILBERT

Gluteus Maximus
10-12-2001, 05:29 PM
Iron, I don't think the guy in the photo is quite human either. Looks like an android for sure - just check out the smile, it's definitely been grafted onto him. Whoever made him didn't do a very good job on concealing the wires in his arms either.

Max

Yooby Yoody

Gluteus Maximus
10-12-2001, 05:41 PM
Hi Philbert,

Yeah I think I know what you mean - good idea alright.

What did you think of the ExRx website? I use it a lot to work out my lifting programs. They have the whole body pics that you can click on any part of and it takes you to detailed drawings of the muscles, showing every muscle group in the body.

And I reckon it's great the way you can click on any muscle group and it will bring up all the different exercises you can do to affect that muscle group. It even has short video clips of each exercise showing proper form.

Max

Yooby Yoody

PHILBERT
10-13-2001, 05:18 AM
Aside from the anatomically correct parts, it is a good site. Reason I didnt like the parts is if my mom were to walk in while I look at the 3d model, she'd get a little mad. Oh, well, if she gets mad, I will say I will just get fat since I can't study the muscle system.

PHILBERT

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-14-2001, 10:41 PM
good fu cking links gm and nk

where's my beer?

Jaguar Wong
10-14-2001, 11:17 PM
The Loomis Project (http://www.yoyodyne.net/loomis/display_page60_gif.html)

This is a site that I was directed to when I was looking for the same thing, only I was looking for artistic reasons. The pages are actually made for artists to see the musculature in order to understand while drawing the human body. Just click the right arrow at the top (or bottom of the page) to move onto the next page. Pages 60 - 65 show the muscles with some labels, but the rest of the pages are just about drawing.

Hope that helps. :)

Jaguar Wong