PDA

View Full Version : Jake Burroughs Article

mooyingmantis
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Tonight I picked jup the November/December 2012 issue of KUNG FU TAI CHI magazine. In it was a very good article by Jake Burroughs on Six Harmony Mantis.

The article was very informative. I think it is the best of Jake's writings so far. :)

Check it out!

Recently, I was watching some of my more advanced kung fu brothers at the Wu Tan playing the Liu He Tanglangquan set, Duan Chui (short strikes). It is a very interesting form and I look forward to learning it someday.

Vajramusti
10-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Tonight I picked jup the November/December 2012 issue of KUNG FU TAI CHI magazine. In it was a very good article by Jake Burroughs on Six Harmony Mantis.

The article was very informative. I think it is the best of Jake's writings so far. :)

Check it out!

Recently, I was watching some of my more advanced kung fu brothers at the Wu Tan playing the Liu He Tanglangquan set, Duan Chui (short strikes). It is a very interesting form and I look forward to learning it someday.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake also has a new article (on Chinese grappling)coming out soon in the book which is the finale issue of The Journal of Asian Martial Arts

GeneChing
10-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Jake is bringing some fine contributions to our magazine. It's always a pleasure working with him and a delight to showcase his research.

BTW, for the record, here's the ND2012 thread (ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1190651). Six Harmonies Praying Mantis Boxing Fighting Theory By Jake Burroughs ;)