PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Chavez

Syn7
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Man, that must **** off the Americans! So close, yet so far. Thoughts? Anyone think any of the challenges will be successful? If it spend years in court, he stays prez till a decision, right?

sanjuro_ronin
10-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Seriously?
The Americans are notorious for their short sightedness in foreign affairs, one would probably do well to back all those the Americans are against, LOL !
The US really needs to stop meddling in the internal affairs of other countries, that is the main reason they are so despised around the world ( the government that is).

David Jamieson
10-10-2012, 08:10 AM
The American politicos hate him so much he's the only president in South America that I know his name. lol

I couldn't tell you about Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, etc etc. I haven't got a clue who runs those countries, so I am guessing that America doesn't feel threatened by them.

ergo, Hugo Chavez being known to me.

Syn7
10-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I dunno, he seems like a nice guy and he seems like he believes his own words.

Really? You can't name any leaders in SA? How bout Europe? Asia?

Asia would be my weak point. All those lil nations hugging the monster. I know some, but prolly not even half.

The beef with Hugo is about money. He natianalized, they reacted the way they always do when forced out.

Hebrew Hammer
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
I dunno, he seems like a nice guy and he seems like he believes his own words.

You can't be serious...Hitler believed his own words. So do lots of other idiots.

I can promise you, most people don't care here and or they don't know who he is, he's small potatoes and we have plenty of our own **** to deal with right now.

Syn7
10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
You aren't trying to draw parallels between Hitler and Chavez are you? Come on...

When I said Americans, I mean the ones who complain about Chavez. Mostly the energy and agricultural kings and their elected puppets. The average American probably doesn't even know where Venezuela is.

Hebrew Hammer
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
You aren't trying to draw parallels between Hitler and Chavez are you? Come on...

When I said Americans, I mean the ones who complain about Chavez. Mostly the energy and agricultural kings and their elected puppets. The average American probably doesn't even know where Venezuela is.

Not directly...meaning he is a very controversial out spoken leader, not a blood thirsty tyrant, but someone who has lots of internal opposition and no doubt a large degree of corruption within the govt.

You are correct about the latter part of your statement.

mickey
10-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Greetings,

The U.S.'s real problem with Chavez: He does not represent the "elite", the upper 10%. He is grass roots all the way.

mickey

Syn7
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Greetings,

The U.S.'s real problem with Chavez: He does not represent the "elite", the upper 10%. He is grass roots all the way.

mickey

Yeah that and the fact that he won't allow outside interests to rape his homeland.

As far as corruption is concerned, It looks to me like he has done more to stop it than any other leader in Venezuela's history. In fact he does more to stop corruption than any American politician I can think of. I'm open to suggestions on that one tho.

He is unique in that most men try to get elected, fail, then stage a coup. He did the opposite.

David Jamieson
10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Greetings,

mickey

All the real wealth (natural resources) are nationalized in Venezuela as far as I know.

I would like to see this happen with all energy everywhere and remove capitalism entirely from all energy resources and development. This will significantly open up the market to the sub-products of same and allow homelessness to end. :)

sanjuro_ronin
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
All the real wealth (natural resources) are nationalized in Venezuela as far as I know.

I would like to see this happen with all energy everywhere and remove capitalism entirely from all energy resources and development. This will significantly open up the market to the sub-products of same and allow homelessness to end. :)

I used to believe that national resources should be nationalized, it only made sense.
Then I started dealing with the government.
:eek:
The less the government have their hands in, the better.
The only thing that government should do in regards to national resources is put a cap on how much leaves the country and prioritize US, since it is OUR national resources, above "them".
Government is overly corrupt in every country and never serves the best interest of the people.
At least with capitalisim there is a "control" in place and that is the consumer, with government we don't even have that !
Of course the other issue is that the consumer doesn't know what is good for them either, so...
We have a mess no matter what.:mad:

Syn7
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Sometimes nationalizing is the first step in throwing off the yoke of foreign economic oppression. Ideally the people should control the resources. In this case, the Gov. is the next best thing. Once they are established, assuming Chavez is for real, the idea is to start doling out everything in a more equitable way.

As for Venezuela, the threat was internal and external. The top 1% in Venezuela are just as p1ssed as all the foreign interests, more even.

Syn7
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I used to believe that national resources should be nationalized, it only made sense.
Then I started dealing with the government.
:eek:
The less the government have their hands in, the better.
The only thing that government should do in regards to national resources is put a cap on how much leaves the country and prioritize US, since it is OUR national resources, above "them".
Government is overly corrupt in every country and never serves the best interest of the people.
At least with capitalisim there is a "control" in place and that is the consumer, with government we don't even have that !
Of course the other issue is that the consumer doesn't know what is good for them either, so...
We have a mess no matter what.:mad:

So how do you feel about Sinopec and CNOOC moving in? Good, bad? Do you feel we should sell them rights? Personally, I don't even think they should be on contract considering their nasty lil secrets.

mawali
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Man, that must **** off the Americans! So close, yet so far. Thoughts? Anyone think any of the challenges will be successful? If it spend years in court, he stays prez till a decision, right?

Whenever a country talks about nationalizing its own resources, US gets mad and starts a campaign to turn the citizens against their own country. That being said, the miltinationals in that foreign country goes apecrap and follows in concert with US strategy. If democracy is part of the culture then the lines become blurred on who is who but when the obvious is a dictatorship the contrasts are more apparent.
Chavez is for the dispossessed of the country! Same with Bolivia where the elite has been in charge for over 300 years, and the native people were always given the scraps from the table. Now they have some control but one cannot overcome 300 of serfdom without the corresponding educational and social reforms to fight it. So far so good!

sanjuro_ronin
10-16-2012, 05:33 AM
So how do you feel about Sinopec and CNOOC moving in? Good, bad? Do you feel we should sell them rights? Personally, I don't even think they should be on contract considering their nasty lil secrets.

Oh no, let me be more clear, I don't think it should be nationalizied in terms og 100% goverment control simply because government is as corrupt, if not more so, than the private sector. BUT I do NOT think natural resources shoudl be contolled by forgein companies.
I mean, after all, they belong to the people, not to anyone else.

Sardinkahnikov
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I don't blame Chavez for his express antiamericanism; Venezuela's rulling class has made riches in the past by giving concessions to american oil companies (standart oil, texaco, etc), ultimately in expense of the people's welfare. American diplomacy amply favored the interest of oil companies in the country, too. It's not a easy political baggage to handle.

Lee Chiang Po
10-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't guess any of you remember Ferdenand Marcos? Well, he nationalized most everything so that it would be much easier to swindle off into foreign bank accounts. Chavez will end up doing the same thing. I don't know why all the concern though, as it is only Venezuela and would not have any effect at all on the rest of the world. What really burns me up is that America gives up all our hard earned bucks to these little backwater countries only to have them criticize and shoot at us. I say let them all starve or kill one another. We didn't take them to raise.

David Jamieson
10-21-2012, 07:32 AM
So, you're saying your government gave your money to Venezuela?