PDA

View Full Version : GM Gee Chi Sau Workshop in AZ, Nov 10th 2012

MarkJ
10-14-2012, 12:58 PM
World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association (世界红花义詠春拳总会) Chi Sau Workshop and Instructor Training in Phoenix, Arizona on the weekend of November 11th to 12th, 2012

Following up on his recent visit to the Hung Fa Kwoon of Arizona and by popular demand Grand Master Garrett Gee (朱競雄师傅) will be returning in the second weekend of November to continue further exploration and skill development of the HFY Time and Space Chi Sau system.

GM Gee’s last workshop proved to be a pivotal moment in many attendees’ understanding of what the purpose of Chi Sau is and when and how it is expressed through the demands of HFY’s time and space logic flow. Only by understanding the conditions that need to be met for Chi Sau to occur from HFY’s viewpoint can one truly understand the purpose of Chi Sau in the HFY system and hence the answer to the question; Is Chi Sau for fighting or not for fighting? Through GM Gee’s teachings at the last workshop it was made very clear what the answer to this question is.

This next workshop will focus on further skill development and deeper understanding of HFY’s Tan, Bong Fuk Chi Sau platform and its place and purpose in the overall frame work of HFY Wing Chun’s four major training platforms; Kiu Sau, Chi Kiu, Chi Sau and San Da.

For more information on the conditions for Hung Fa Yi Chi Sau, Sifu Savi Kruich wrote an excellent article here:
http://hfy108.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3325

For information on attending the workshop or to pre- register please contact the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Association Headquarters or the Southwest Regional Headquarters listed below.

The Saturday workshop is open to all martial artists regardless of lineage or styles

Weekend Schedule:

Friday 9th November
7pm – 11pm Instructor Training

Saturday 10th November
9am – 5pm Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Workshop
7-pm - 11pm Hung Fa Yi Wing Instructor Training

Sunday 11th November
9am – 12pm – Hung Fa Yi Wing Instructor Training

Eric_H
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey Boys, I'll be flying down for this one.

Make sure to stock some Rum! :D

JPinAZ
10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Got'cha covered. Only tough decision is which bottle do we start with! :cool:

Savi
11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
The Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Pai has a heritage rich with people of back bone, of strong moral fiber, integrity, and courage. Grandmaster Garrett Gee (朱競雄) upholds these virtues as a leader and teacher of responsibility and compassion. What is intriguing to note is he descends from a long line of men with such high moral qualities. Please click the link below to read the true story about his grandfather, Chu Jun-Bak (朱俊伯).

http://hungfayiwingchunpai.com/ChuJun-Bak.html

Also, here is one of the reviews from an attendee of the latest workshop on HFY’s Saam Mo Kiu Wheel of Time and Space Chi Sao Progression Method:

This whole entire experience is blowing my mind!! Grandmaster Gee, Sigong, and my Sifu are explaining every single thing about my life, past, present, and future. They're explaining even more indepth, what I thought I knew yesterday. Broken down into even more in depth detail. This is such an amazing experience. I'm here for a reason. And I'm seeing my true reality. They're literally transmitting to me what the Buddha meant when he said that life is an illusion. When you see through the illusion you can finally see true reality. Just like the three I just mentioned just taught me. I keep my energy moving forward, and the technology or the technique will follow. This right here is an opportunity of a life time. I won't walk away today the same person I was before I came..

I am so grateful for everything, my whole life finally is coming together and everything makes sense.

Life is such an amazing gift. I can't wait until I can share this experience with other people!! – Mat Harpur (student of Sifu Jonathan Sandberg)