PDA

View Full Version : how do i add reall power to my kicks and generally make them better?

Tzu Jan Mustapha
10-16-2001, 10:55 PM
how do i add reall power to my kicks and generally make them better?

thanx in advance

TJM

shaolinboxer
10-16-2001, 10:59 PM
Raise your knee high (unless kicking low ofcourse).

Relax.

Open your hips.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Jaguar Wong
10-16-2001, 11:12 PM
Get a heavy bag, and start kicking a little lower than your maximum kicking height. When you can relax and throw these easier, then raise the height a little. The key is to learn to relax, and whip the kick. If you can relax and put your hips into the kicks, then they get more powerful.

Of course you may want to practice things like accuracy, and speed with different levels as well, just so you don't become a "slugger" just throwing your kicks out, and hoping something stays in the path. :) Also don't forget to practice your kicks at varying levels. I know I said a little lower than your maximum, but what that does is enable you to relax more when throwing lower kicks, you still have to practice throwing them, though.

Jaguar Wong

soy
10-18-2001, 06:20 AM
Get a trainer!

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-18-2001, 07:26 PM
stretch and kick **** allot.

make a program where you have to do 10 kicks that you are happy with for each different type of kick that you want to work on. and do it every single night. if your first ten are good move on. if you start getting really frustrated . . move on. the most important thing is to make sure that you are aiming for a couple perfect kicks not 100 half assed ones and that you try to do it every day.

you'll have a little more power by the end of the week.

where's my beer?