PDA

View Full Version : Whedon Supports Romney, Maybe you should too.

MightyB
10-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Bring on the Parkour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo

GeneChing
10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
But we all know monk spades (http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvdk-yr001.html) are the weapon of choice against zombies (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=822565#post822565).

GeneChing
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Mr. Burns Endorses Romney | The Simpsons | Animation on Fox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCIEbLMaQg)

David Jamieson
11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
As you know, I'm a canuck.

I've watched your campaign for literally a year and a half now.
You know, we run and finish our elections inside of a month and until our recent PM, we've not seen much in the way of attack ads etc and other commonly used tactics as in American politics.

But I gotta say... Gary Johnson is the most American in values and direction and he's a libertarian!

Why anyone would vote for Romney or Obama is actually beyond my ability to reason.

Romney is merely ambitious and Obama doesn't sit well with a good chunk of Americans.

Why on earth do Americans only hear about these two constantly?

Dale Dugas
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Because we are a two party system and the two parties keep the others from being included in the race.

People can win the popular vote but not win the election.

We need more than two parties.

I am not replubican nor democrat. I am not libetarian 100% as they have some things I am not into.

We need to be more like the UK with many parties that represent the diversity of the nation we live in.

P.S. the ads are just over the top and the constant playing them makes people just want the election to be over.

A write in vote is a vote for O to get back into office so I voted R to oust O.

Lee Chiang Po
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
America is broken. Has been broken for a very long time. A president is of no real consequence since he is limited to only 2 short terms forever. Even if he walked on water and changed water to wine we could not keep him. Two terms and he is out of here. Congress on the other hand can serve a million years as long as people keep letting them run. I think that all our problems are due 100% to congress and unless we change that it will continue. Make it so the president can serve as many terms as the people want, or make congress serve only 2, four year terms and no more. Of course this will never happen and they are going to ride America into the ground.

MightyB
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Mr. Burns Endorses Romney | The Simpsons | Animation on Fox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCIEbLMaQg)

that's two major endorsements for me to consider... but I did get a form letter from Pres. Clinton urging me to vote again tomorrow. So I'll probably just go for the Big O.

That and I just got another bill from my wife's ER visit last year which more than convinces me that we need Obamacare. Wife goes in for a toothache because it's a weekend and Dentist offices aren't open and she needs something desperately because of pain to get her through the weekend. She needs a pain killer and an antibiotic. I tell them that as she's being admitted. So a couple of interns walk in, nobody actually looks in her mouth, and eventually a nurse sees her - we get the prescription and that's that. On the following Monday, she sees the oral surgeon and has the procedure done, this procedure is with an oral surgeon, she gets xrayed, and anesthesia. Total bill from oral surgeon, less than $300. The ER bill comes, almost $500... remember she didn't even see a Dr. there and nobody actually did anything except the nurse who decided that I was correct in my judgement that she needed an antibiotic and a pain killer. So almost a year later we get another bill, this time from the Dr. who was on call at the hospital. Seems he gets a cut just for being in the building - almost $300. He never seen her, and he didn't write the prescription. Keep in mind the total bill from an oral surgeon was only $300 and he actually did work :eek:. This is why America is F*cked and this is why I support the Big O and Obamacare. You Canadians don't realize how nice your nationalized health care system is. We still have extremely long waits, and we have terrible patient outcomes. Yet we cling to this bloated P.O.S like it's somehow superior to everything else on the planet. Yes, America! Land of the inbred hillbilly prejudice mutha fukas that are too stupid to vote for their own self interests.

Syn7
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
God bless Canada! :eek:

I spent my childhood in the ER, thankfully my mother didn't get stuck with any bills. Ever. I was a tumbler and spent too much time trying to fly off concrete. I had over 200 stitches in my head before I was ten (lucky, only one concussion). Broke my arm 3 times, my ankle, two fingers, fell out of a moving truck and walked off a roof(don't ask). All before I was ten. Imagine how much that would have been without coverage. Yikes! All free for me. Things are changing here tho. I imagine if we keep trying to emulate the US so much, we may actually succeed. A horrifying thought. The world is getting smaller and smaller everyday. Unfortunately if we all(and I mean ALL, the world) want to be equal, this kind of care is unrealistic. Hopefully we can solve that riddle, but as of today I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. BUT, we are making massive leaps and we're moving foreword exponentially. 50 years ago who would have thought we'd be using 3D printers to create spare body parts. Now that's some sh1t, right there.