PDA

View Full Version : is there a pressure point on your shin?

IronFist
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
About 4 or 5" from my ankle bone on the inside/front of both of my shins, it's pretty sore to the touch.

At first I thought maybe it was just a bruise or something, but it's been this way for weeks, and it's on both shins in the same spot (usually if something is on both sides I assume it's supposed to be that way).

Is this a pressure point that I just didn't know about?

The sore spot is about the size of a dime. Above or below that area I can push as hard as I want with no pain.

It's on the bone itself. There's no bump or swelling, it just hurts when I press on it.

Is this normal? Should I ice it or put pressure on it or anything?

I figured I'd ask here since you guys know about pressure points and stuff.

I haven't kicked anything or done deadlifts in awhile. There's no injury that I know of and nothing that presses my shin in that area.

bawang
11-01-2012, 09:15 PM
staph infection

Shaolin
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
About 4 or 5" from my ankle bone on the inside/front of both of my shins, it's pretty sore to the touch.

Spleen 6 is the closest to the spot you're describing.

Dale Dugas
11-02-2012, 06:02 AM
have you been having any digestive issues?

Change your diet significantly?

have pain in other areas of your body?

As Shaolin mentioned Spleen 6 is in the area of where you are talking about.

IronWeasel
11-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Shin splints?

Are you a pronator?

Are your shoes unevenly worn?

jdhowland
11-02-2012, 07:38 AM
These are major target points for stick technique--take you down right away.

IronFist
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
have you been having any digestive issues?

I have IBS that flares up occasionally. No issues recently, though. It's like once a month or so, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Change your diet significantly?

Over the past 6 months I've been starting to eat healthier. More natural foods, fish oil, fruits and vegetables. I've stopped eating things like frozen pizza and microwave dinners. Trying to limit MSG.

have pain in other areas of your body?

Nope!

As Shaolin mentioned Spleen 6 is in the area of where you are talking about.

I don't know anything about any of the points.

Shin splints?

Nope.

Are you a pronator?

Nope. I have very high arches but walk pretty normally.

Are your shoes unevenly worn?

Nope. But TBH I work from home and don't ever wear shoes unless I have to go to the store or the gym. Brb, checking my gym shoes.

Back. Gym shoes wear evenly.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2012, 12:19 PM

At first I thought maybe it was just a bruise or something, but it's been this way for weeks, and it's on both shins in the same spot (usually if something is on both sides I assume it's supposed to be that way).

Is this a pressure point that I just didn't know about?

The sore spot is about the size of a dime. Above or below that area I can push as hard as I want with no pain.

It's on the bone itself. There's no bump or swelling, it just hurts when I press on it.

Is this normal? Should I ice it or put pressure on it or anything?

I figured I'd ask here since you guys know about pressure points and stuff.

I haven't kicked anything or done deadlifts in awhile. There's no injury that I know of and nothing that presses my shin in that area.

Usually that effects people about 60 or so years before they die.
Sorry.
:p

Lucas
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
verdict in bud, you're going to die in the future. sorry for your loss bro

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Of course that may just be bruising from your balls banging against your shins when you walk.

Dale Dugas
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM
It is very common to have inflammed spleen points or spleen reactive areas(inside of the shins all the way up to your waist) when you have digestive issues such as Celiac and IBS.

It can be treated with acupuncture and herbs.

Let me know if you have interested as I can get you a referral to someone decent in you area.

IronFist
11-02-2012, 04:12 PM
This looks a bit higher than Spleen 6 when I google image it. How exact are pressure point locations?

Assuming it is Spleen 6 point, would it still be sore on both shins even when I don't currently have symptoms? Any other areas I should check? I wouldn't have known my shin was sore if I wasn't rubbing it the other day; it doesn't hurt unless I press on it.

I treat my IBS with probiotics and fiber and on occasion hyoscyamine.

I don't have Celiac (blood test).

What sort of herbs are good for IBS? I'm always up for learning about things that help my stomach.