PDA

View Full Version : why do all my joints crack?

Dragon Warrior
10-17-2001, 11:17 PM
i think every single joint in my body cracks.

is this bad?

what causes it?

how do i stop it?

thanx

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Johnny Hot Shot
10-18-2001, 12:47 AM
Try using glucosamine. You should be able to get it at any drug store or Supplement outlet. But be sure that you get the Quality stuff it cost a little more but trust me it's worth it. I used the cheap stuff and found that I ****ed it out before it could do me any good.

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

Aramus
10-18-2001, 06:08 AM
I believe there was a study (or few) done on joint cracking. I thought I read the sound comes from the release of gas not the bones rubbing together (makes you wonder where the gas comes from). I'm going to try something my chiroprator took to help him. If it works, I'll tell you.

You may want to be careful with some of the cracks, could be tendons depending on the sound, etc. I messed up my ankle a while back and before I had it conditioned back to normal...it made lots of cracking noises.
I would suggest a bone cracker (chiropractor) for bones cracking, especially if it is your back or neck!
Tell you more when I find out more.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...
...........they cheat.

soy
10-18-2001, 06:13 AM
I heard it was some sort of liquid or something.. it's not bad, but if you do it too much you might need to do it in order to maintain your range of motion.. or something.. Ask a chirpractor.

shaolinboxer
10-18-2001, 03:54 PM
During you daily life tension in the body compresses your joints so that they have very little fluid between then. When you loosen the joint manually, liquids rush in (not gas) to fill the vaccum and you hear a pop.

It's fine, you're just lubricating your joints.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Nexus
10-18-2001, 06:51 PM
Aramus is correct, it is a gas release.

- Nexus

Anand Paul
10-19-2001, 07:48 PM
I learn Southern mantis (chow gar). I experience snapping at the end of my strikes. I do not fully extend/hyper extend the elbow, but always stop short ensuring my elbow is not locked out. Is this normal?
- Cheers in advance

LIN Q
10-20-2001, 04:36 PM
Full extension all the time during training could cause long term problems perhaps, that why in YKM the arm doesnt fully extend, snapping out and back . When striking someone yes fully extend through, you want that element of spring back in the strike.

Bao jong, we do the same, that spring back snaps the last bit of ging out with the fist squeezing it out at the end.
As for all joints cracking I can't say , sorry!!!

shaolin_knight
10-24-2001, 10:56 PM
another killah priest fan! I'm listening to him right now! "religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom" I love that

Dragon Warrior
10-24-2001, 11:21 PM
killa priest is definitely one of the best hip hop artist out there. He doesnt have too many fans though, kind of a shame, more people should listen to what he has to say, they could learn a lot from him.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Anand Paul
10-25-2001, 08:56 PM
I now no longer snap at the elbow when I strike. My strikes are now more controlled and have increased in speed and power. At the end of my strikes my fist becomes heavy for a split second. I have been told that its normal.

Yuen
10-25-2001, 11:51 PM
Aramus is right, it is a form of gas which cracks. I have a problem with my fingers and neck as they happen to crack very often. This is no big deal but sometimes I get a headache when I crack my neck too often. I have not started this in purpose and I definitely want to stop this. Do not start to do this. This problem can be fixed by not doing it, but I forget it sometimes especially when my neck is very stiff and needs some relaxation and what happens is *crack*. Starting all over again. Ok that's enough about it.

dedalus
11-11-2001, 02:48 AM
Gas!?

Have a think about it guys - what gas might that be? And why would there be gas in your joints of all places?

I think Soy is closest to the correct answer, which I will rephrase as:

When two close-fitting surfaces with a liquid seal are pulled apart, you get a pop.

Its just like the noise those suction caps make when the police tell you to remove your baddest NHB figurines from the shrine on your dashboard :p

I don't think the issue is unequivocally settled, but that's were I'd put my money until someone can convince me there is another pssible mechanism.