PDA

View Full Version : what is the proper translation of:

hskwarrior
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
扣打

kau da

Shaolindynasty
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Lock hit is what I was told. I remeber, my sifu said it refers to a specific technique in sup ji kau da where you grab and hit. or reverse the grab and hit.

hskwarrior
11-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Lock hit is what I was told. I remeber, my sifu said it refers to a specific technique in sup ji kau da where you grab and hit. or reverse the grab and hit.

cool thanks bro.

YouKnowWho
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
grab and hit. or reverse the grab and hit.
May be 扣打(Kou Da) is to use your left hand to cover on top of your opponent's leading elbow with tiger mouth facing back, and punch him with another hand.

I believe "grab and hit" is 采打. 扣(Kou) in Chinese mean that you use one of your hand to grab under your opponent's leading knee (This is different from wrestling single leg which is usually done by both hands). Maybe 扣打 mean one hand grab your opponent's leg while another hand punch at his face. If we are talking about 靠打(Kao Da) that will be to use your body to stike your opponent.

Not sure which Chinese word Kau may associate with. I can't find any Chinese word with Kau.

http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/ime.html

hskwarrior
11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I get it. kau da is blocking and punching. as in sup ji kau da .....cross pattern blocking and punching form.

bawang
11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
kau means grabbing someones collar

Faruq
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
kau means grabbing someones collar

Hey, your Ma kinda looks like Martina Navratilova. Congrats, bro.

hskwarrior
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Hey, your Ma kinda looks like Martina Navratilova. Congrats, bro.

more like MarSinThe Navratilova

Shaolindynasty
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Youknowwho is right. The kau da move my sifu was talking about is blocking a kick then grabbing the leg under the knee then elbow their leg

SteveLau
11-17-2012, 01:51 AM
What I have learnt kau da is block and strike with our arms simultaneously.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong