PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question

stubbs
10-19-2001, 05:59 PM
does anyone know of any good exercises that help to bulk up and strengthen just the fore-arms. i've got a chin up bar, and a good set of dumbells. any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

stubbs

"satisfaction loses,and humility gains"

PHILBERT
10-19-2001, 06:58 PM
Not sure about this, but I've read that if you put your wrists on your knees(the back of your hand is towards the ground), add a dumbell in your hand and move your wrist so the inside of your hand faces in front of you, but still on your leg and the hand is upside down, it will help.

Also, do like a normal bicep curl, but reverse your arms. Instead of your fingers being pulled towards your body, have the back of your hand come towards your body.

These are the only 2 I can remember off the top of my head.

PHILBERT

straight blast
10-20-2001, 12:30 AM
My father wrestled for a living for 14 years and he can still squeeze 120 kilos on a set of bathroom scales with one hand. Its outright scary how much grip strength he has. I know lots of escapes from "killer" handshakes, but I can't even move his little finger once he's got the grip on.
His secret? Squeezing tennis balls. He's an old style wrestler (not one of the WWF glam boys) and I've never come across anyone with grip strength like him. Not at my Gym, Dojo, wherever. I've been doing it for a couple months now & I'm starting to get a pretty ****ed strong grip. Give it a try! It's the least expensive workout machine you'll ever buy! :cool:

"Through strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail"