PDA

View Full Version : Fake choy lee fut

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
AS A TRADITIONALIST I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS BOTHERS ME. SO MANY PEOPLE LEGITIMATELY LEARNS THE CHOY LEE FUT STYLE AND HERE IS FREDDIE DOING SOMETHING HE IS CALLING CHOY LEE FUT. I FEEL SAD FOR HIS STUDENTS BECAUSE LIKE SIN THE FROM SHAOLIN DO, HE IS LYING TO THEM ABOUT THIS BEING CHOY LEE FUT. EVERYTHING IS WRONG......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMR-53lWpo

Bacon
11-19-2012, 06:25 PM
You should be beaten to a bloody pulp for typing in all caps.

Kellen Bassette
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
AS A TRADITIONALIST I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS BOTHERS ME. SO MANY PEOPLE LEGITIMATELY LEARNS THE CHOY LEE FUT STYLE AND HERE IS FREDDIE DOING SOMETHING HE IS CALLING CHOY LEE FUT. I FEEL SAD FOR HIS STUDENTS BECAUSE LIKE SIN THE FROM SHAOLIN DO, HE IS LYING TO THEM ABOUT THIS BEING CHOY LEE FUT. EVERYTHING IS WRONG......

At least it has the CLF look/flavor, If I forgot a move in my form I would have redone the video though :rolleyes:

I noticed when I saw it there were only 29 views...you'll probably send him a lot more publicity advertising it on the forum though...

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
You should be beaten to a bloody pulp for typing in all caps.

YOU SHOULD! FOR "NOT" WRITING IN ALL CAPS. :eek:

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 06:44 PM
at least it has the clf look/flavor, if i forgot a move in my form i would have redone the video though

zero......zero......zippo.....nadda.

Kellen Bassette
11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Is this the same Freddie that does the Freddie's Modern Kung Fu videos?

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
is this the same freddie that does the freddie's modern kung fu videos?

yes sir................

Kellen Bassette
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Soooo what I gather off the forum is...he was traditionally trained, but teaches his own stuff, calls it modern and hates MMA...

This is very confusing.

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 07:58 PM
soooo what i gather off the forum is...he was traditionally trained, but teaches his own stuff, calls it modern and hates mma...

This is very confusing.

i can't call it. I'm just as confused.

Shaolindynasty
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Soooo what I gather off the forum is...he was traditionally trained
Yes and no. He learned a little from my sifu over 10 yrs ago when he was a teenager. Was asked to leave the school for some disrespectful things he was doing and abandoned everything he was taught in favor of what he learned by reading a bruce lee book. Not that he really knew that much from the short time he was with my sifu. i've said it before and i will say it again. What he teaches in no way shape or form represents or resembles what i was taught at NFMA or what i know about CLF in general

LFJ
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
At least it has the CLF look/flavor, If I forgot a move in my form I would have redone the video though :rolleyes:

All I saw was some sort of interpretative dance...., but forms you are trained on for years get ingrained in your muscle memory. It's embarrassing and a red flag when the teacher forgets his own stuff.

banditshaw
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
What in the fook was that?? Hurts to watch.
Thanks Frank for ruining my day!!:mad:

hskwarrior
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
the guy in the lead isn't freddy. he's freddys student. interptretive dance is more on point

CLFNole
11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
If those people are actually paying money to learn that crap it is sad and just goes to show how stupid people can be.

Shaolindynasty
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
If those people are actually paying money to learn that crap it is sad and just goes to show how stupid people can be.

Get a halfway in shape Chinese man with the last name Lee teaching "kung fu" and stupid people will sign up and believe anything he says. sad but true

i've actually tried to stay quite about his guy because i don't know how rational i can be when talking about a guy who disrespected my sifu yet uses my sifu and his sons name to promote himself. While claiming that "westerners"(he was born in Illinois) are destroying the martial arts because we have no respect. If i didnt know he was using the term "westerner" as a racist code for white people i'd think he was talking about himself

JamesC
11-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't know guys... Looks pretty legit

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't know guys... Looks pretty legit

yes you DON'T know. LOL

diego
11-20-2012, 08:53 AM

I wish you would stop posting **** videos lol I watched the whole thing and found myself staring at the top right corner of my laptop screen half dumb/retarded half staring at the tv.

crappy utube videos kill braincells

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
I wish you would stop posting **** videos lol I watched the whole thing and found myself staring at the top right corner of my laptop screen half dumb/retarded half staring at the tv.

LOL would you prefer i post up videos of Shaolin Do instead???? :D

diego
11-20-2012, 10:21 AM
LOL would you prefer i post up videos of Shaolin Do instead???? :D

NO, BUT YOU PROBABLY WILL;)

We need more vintage 1950's clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJj-wWturE&feature=plcp

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj51df4-STI

Faruq
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Doesn't his website say he teaches Jeet Kune Do? His stuff doesn't even look like Jeet Kune Do either from what I've seen of Dan Inosanto and Jerry Poteet, lol!

But hasn't his most ingenious idea been those clips in which he explains his philosophy and then asks people to contribute financially to his dream of teaching "real martial arts"? I mean the guy probably cleaned up! If he actually has had people take him up on his offer to allow them join his school, he has to have found suckers to contribute financially to him as well! Pure genious! I've gotta get a youtube channel, quick!

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Doesn't his website say he teaches Jeet Kune Do? His stuff doesn't even look like Jeet Kune Do either from what I've seen of Dan Inosanto and Jerry Poteet, lol!

the man said a few times that he wants to become the NEW bruce lee. he his gung fu is beginner at best. his comprehension of CLF and whatever he learned is a way bit off as well.

i think he is a ex disgruntled cop (he was a cop) because instead of stashes or belts he chose to use COP BADGES to show their rank within the school. for me, that is just tooooo **** funny.

Faruq
11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey, I thought Freddy was like Laotian or Hmong or something, not Chinese. But anyway Shaolin Dynasty, I clicked on a youtube video of your teacher's school just on a whim, and ended up stuck watching the channel for like an hour and a half! You guys are the goods! There's no way someone's gonna believe Freddy graduated from your Sifu's school with the huge difference in skill levels. Freddy's gift is obviously that of selling; we could pretty much call him the Jim Lacy of Chicago if you will. He's got the gift of gab from how succesful he's been. But when you look at the videos of your teacher, OMG, the difference is clear! Your teacher looks like a real old-school war-time Sifu! He's building devastating fighters like that guy they call the "Choy Lee Fut Cyborg" for Chrissakes! How could Ready Freddie ever compete with that??? And your teacher's son was so skilled that he was like the one guy from Chicago who's been scooped up by Hong Kong TV and Film! How could Freddie ever compete with that? There's no comparison! I bet your teacher can't even spar with the students without having to worry about collapsing someone's lungs! He's the real deal. I mean Freddie could sell a fridge to an Eskimo, but he couldn't make anyone believe that he graduated from your Sifu's kwoon...

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
the guy in the lead isn't freddy. he's freddys student. interptretive dance is more on point

Dude....That's an insult to interpretive dancers.

Let's just call it what it is. Lackluster, not much skill and poorly executed chop suey.

Remember, ultra dummies have a tendency to be super confident. People imbued with a little wisdom will have a little more self doubt about their disciplines.

also for what it's worth, jkd isn't a style, it's a concept, so fail on that one too.

Kellen Bassette
11-20-2012, 02:34 PM
i think he is a ex disgruntled cop (he was a cop) because instead of stashes or belts he chose to use COP BADGES to show their rank within the school.

What..no...he must be joking, can't possibly mean that......

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
What..no...he must be joking, can't possibly mean that......

no yolking over here man

Kellen Bassette
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Carry on with your righteous indignation then :eek:

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Carry on with your righteous indignation then

and i will do so RIGHTEOUSLY!!!!! :D

Fa Xing
11-20-2012, 03:10 PM
He is not a JKD guy, he said he has been influenced by Bruce's writings. He's got a vid where he bashes JKD schools and such. I haven't watched it yet, but will look at it over the Thanksgiving.

He seems a little ridiculous.

hskwarrior
11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
He seems a little ridiculous.

more than just a little

Faruq
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Well I might've misread his website. I can't get youtube where I'm at right now. Can anyone post the link?

Oh, I found it: http://www.freddiesmodernkungfu.com

He was even ingenious enough to post his paypal info under his video for any donations anyone might send to him. The guy's a marketing genius, lol!

LaterthanNever
11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Talk about awful!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XIevVcAKk

Fa Xing
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Talk about awful!!

You should see the whole thing, William Cheung had happen to him what we all got coming, old age.

bawang
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
"BLACK BELT"

seems legit

taai gihk yahn
11-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Talk about awful!!

I like the title, "Dealing With A CLF Fighter"

hey Frank, if I watch this video, will I learn how to "deal" with you? ;):p

hskwarrior
11-21-2012, 07:55 AM
hey Frank, if I watch this video, will I learn how to "deal" with you?

that video is outdated. you would only learn how to deal with past franks. not the current one. thanks. :D

bawang
11-21-2012, 08:50 AM
that video is outdated. you would only learn how to deal with past franks. not the current one. thanks. :D

they dont know how to defeat the secret hung sing five animal magic technique.

hskwarrior
11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
they dont know how to defeat the secret hung sing five animal magic technique.

the desert eagle is the only counter to our secrets.

bawang
11-22-2012, 10:20 AM
the desert eagle is the only counter to our secrets.

i hear bak sing has dual wield desert eagle kata

LaterthanNever
11-22-2012, 04:41 PM
"You should see the whole thing, William Cheung had happen to him what we all got coming, old age. "

My god there's more? Noooooooooo!! LOL

Shaolindynasty
11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey, I thought Freddy was like Laotian or Hmong or something, not Chinese. But anyway Shaolin Dynasty, I clicked on a youtube video of your teacher's school just on a whim, and ended up stuck watching the channel for like an hour and a half! You guys are the goods! There's no way someone's gonna believe Freddy graduated from your Sifu's school with the huge difference in skill levels. Freddy's gift is obviously that of selling; we could pretty much call him the Jim Lacy of Chicago if you will. He's got the gift of gab from how succesful he's been. But when you look at the videos of your teacher, OMG, the difference is clear! Your teacher looks like a real old-school war-time Sifu! He's building devastating fighters like that guy they call the "Choy Lee Fut Cyborg" for Chrissakes! How could Ready Freddie ever compete with that??? And your teacher's son was so skilled that he was like the one guy from Chicago who's been scooped up by Hong Kong TV and Film! How could Freddie ever compete with that? There's no comparison! I bet your teacher can't even spar with the students without having to worry about collapsing someone's lungs! He's the real deal. I mean Freddie could sell a fridge to an Eskimo, but he couldn't make anyone believe that he graduated from your Sifu's kwoon...

Thanks for the compliments. My sifu's son (Philip Ng) sometimes posts here using the handle "strraightblast5". His most recent post are on the Hung Sing Martial Arts blog thread.

LaterthanNever
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
For what it's worth...

My isn't is not with Grandmaster Cheungs' skill in Wing Chun..

it's that he chose a CLF "practitioner" who looks like he doesn't know what he's doing!

hskwarrior
11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
the guy cannot be a CLF guy. he clearly doesn't understand CLF. IMO.

pateticorecords
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't see any martial arts basic movement proficiency... if you have studied any style of martial arts you would have a better understanding of stances, footwork, waist movement, striking, etc.

You are only as good as your basics;)

Faruq
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Well rumor has it one Fab Fi' Freddie might make a special appearance at the Chicago Internation martial arts seminar over at Prentiss' place (www.rhodesfusionfitness.com). Now it's only a rumor at this point, and it could be his double as well, because the name on the e-mail read Freddie Li, not Freddy Lee; but I think the appearance could be a very entertaining addition to the lineup!

Robinhood
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM

That happens in every style, if you own the name
, then you could sue them, otherwise that's the way it is in most country's that have laws.

Most styles are just a likeness to original style, not much more, most have lost the original essence anyway, just look at a style as a loose description of a set of movements to develope body coordination , not application ability.

hskwarrior
11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
there always has to be one nut in the bunch.

Faruq
11-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Well I don't think he has any clips of himself breaking any bricks or anything on the youey. I wonder why he hasn't availed himself of that avenue.

Eric Olson
12-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Talk about awful!!

Yes, because CLF strategy is just to throw one punch and then let the opponent dance around your arm and throw punches. :rolleyes:

And also, good luck trying to control the oblique angle against CLF. That's where the system shines because of the long arm techniques.

Seems like a better Wing Chun strategy would be to work inside and jam the shoulder before a CLF fighter could get the Sao Choi off.

E