11-20-2012, 11:25 AM
http://youtu.be/7-kQQsz7E4M

Who wins?

sanjuro_ronin
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
That was ****ed up.

Lucas
11-20-2012, 11:34 AM
well the first step is to get that footage, the next step is to invesitgate to find out who attacked you, the third step is revenge.

GeneChing
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Honestly, it's not about "Your Kung Fu against this". My Walther PPK wouldn't stand a chance against such a blindsiding. :rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
11-20-2012, 12:31 PM
You know, I only got sucker punched once *knock on wood* and that lesson is with me to this day.
I never go around a corner to close, I am always on guard when people are around me or behind me, always have my chin tucked in, it's rather disturbing now that I think of it.

-N-
11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Kung fu doesn't include walking around with an iPod plugged into your ears, does it?

Someone ran up behind Brendan Lai who spun around with a groin kick. He pulled it at the last instant, but it was enough to stop the guy.

Someone sneaked up behind Lau Fat Man when he was getting a haircut. LFM broke the guy's wrist when he felt the person touch his hair.

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I've actually had that happen to me where a guy full on blind sides me.

But I'm not a 90 pound girl and at the time it wasn't that great of a shot really.

I don't think anything but conditioning and reaction time would have anything to do with not being too badly effected by that.

But then I didn't shrug up or duck the shot I took and it just rang my bell a bit. Didn't knock me down, or out or anything.

I don't think anyone trains in anything that would give them anything against that.

EarthDragon
11-20-2012, 01:10 PM
my kung fu would be against that ghetto scum bag mother f'er POS that woudl hit a woman. THIS is what I train for....... to do permant damage to people on the planet like this.

Lucas
11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Poison is the best way.

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Poison is the best way.

blowdarts or in the cocktail?

Lucas
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I would prefer to introduce the poison through touch or ingestion for sure. Less evidence. I'm a pretty methodical person, so learning routine and finding the best opportunity would be my way. I mean if I were to ever do that kind of thing, which I wouldn't of course.

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Curare resin drop on the inside of a sharpened fingernail.

You're welcome.

GeneChing
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I've sucker punched people (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1196766#post1196766) and been sucker punched (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1196952#post1196952). It sucks. But it's a bit like being struck by lightening or having a grand piano dropped on you. It's not something you can really prepare for. You just have to be alert, and a little lucky.

Syn7
11-20-2012, 01:38 PM
You know, I only got sucker punched once *knock on wood* and that lesson is with me to this day.
I never go around a corner to close, I am always on guard when people are around me or behind me, always have my chin tucked in, it's rather disturbing now that I think of it.

I'm like that too. I guess it was paranoia at one point. Now it's just habit. I automatically sit with my back to the wall when I go out to eat, view of the door. I don't even think about it, it's just natural now. I am always using reflections and peripheral vision. I will always know whats behind me without being obvious about it. Don't cut corners etc....

Syn7
11-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't think anyone trains in anything that would give them anything against that.

She had all the reflections in the world to work with. She could have been aware, she just wasn't. Most people aren't very aware of what's going on around them. Unless she was wearing headphones, she should have heard it soon enough to get a peek at what's behind her without actually turning around. I do it all the time without even thinking about it.

Lucas
11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Curare resin drop on the inside of a sharpened fingernail.

You're welcome.

Thats too risky for me, a chance of dna being left if something goes wrong. I'd prefer to put something in a tub of favored ice cream, or syringe through the cork in a bottle of regularly drunk wine, something like that.

sanjuro_ronin
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Poison is the best way.

Death by tea bagging.
In Chuck Norris case, death by potato sacking.

Lucas
11-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Death by tea bagging.
In Chuck Norris case, death by potato sacking.

/Win......

Kellen Bassette
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
You can only hope to develop instincts and situational awareness, strike first ask questions later... :p

With a text book perfect fan kick of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhHl2c-C-zw

Bacon
11-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Only bawang can stand up to this with his head of solid rock. Nothing can touch a head so thick.

David Jamieson
11-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Speaking of Chuck, I just saw the Expendables 2.

Talk about pieces of crap. lol
Worst movie of the year, just terrible. :p

wenshu
11-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Speaking of Chuck, I just saw the Expendables 2. Talk about pieces of crap. Worst movie of the year, just terrible.

Meanwhile, Lincoln was the comedy hit of the year.

No, seriously.

GeneChing
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Contain your movie review posts to the appropriate threads.

Expendables 2 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58108)

Lincoln (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63079)

:p

sanjuro_ronin
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I think Dave might have gotten his movies confused and went to see Expendables and thought it was Lincoln.
:D

Scott R. Brown
11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
http://youtu.be/7-kQQsz7E4M

Who wins?

That is only the point I have been making here for the past 11 years!

All the training in the world, all the pro/amateur/back alley fights you win, lose or draw does not really mean much.

If someone wants to get you, they will, no matter how BAD you think you are or pretend to be!

Speaking of Chuck, I just saw the Expendables 2.

Talk about pieces of crap. lol
Worst movie of the year, just terrible. :p

A little inside info:

It was supposed to be bad!;)

Jimbo
11-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I got sucker-punched once, when I was living in Taiwan. I was drunk and walking back home late one night, when I crossed a street right in front of a guy on a scooter or motorcycle, which obviously p!ssed him off. Mentally, I was off in my own world, and next thing I know, I get punched on the side of the head. When I look up, he's already back on his bike cussing like mad and taking off. I think he broke his hand; although the force knocked me down, I distinctly remember hearing/feeling a crunching and probably his thumb breaking or dislocating; it wasn't my head, because it really didn't hurt at all. Fortunately for me, he didn't know how to punch properly.

What I was mad about is that I've always been very aware, and had avoided or dealt with situations many times before, and I let my guard down big-time. I was p!ssed at myself for some time afterwards.

Needless to say, I haven't been drunk since.