PDA

View Full Version : True or False?

Apprentice
10-20-2001, 08:17 AM
I've heard (and seen on movies) that people can "Sense" people or attacks coming. Blind folded and whatnot, and to an extent i beleive that is true.

Just recently (yesterday) me n a friend were Fighting(matrix) and he came up from behind me(after the fight) and attempted a stealth attack yet somehow i knew to reach back, and i jabbed my fingers into his ribs and paralyzed him(for a few seconds) then turned and side kicked em to the ground.

I'm just wondering, is it true that you can build a skill such as a 6th sense?

bearpaw
10-20-2001, 04:05 PM
There are several theroies about this.
1) your subconcisous senses (regular senses that don't warrent the attention of the concisous mind) sensed he was coming. ie the little hairs all over your body can detect shifts in the air. His "smell" came closer to you. ...
2) His aura came in contact with yours and revialed his intent.
3) You "saw" a possible future in which he attacked and you resonded accordingly.

Apprentice
10-21-2001, 12:45 AM
know any ways to improve that skill? any practice or training methods, any at all, anyone may answer if they know or have an idea...

prana
10-21-2001, 03:09 AM
perhaps he had too much garlic for dinner ? :D :D :D

bearpaw
10-21-2001, 03:15 AM
practice and experience

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-22-2001, 09:22 PM
when doing strictly internal work i often do better with my eyes closed. it's really not that big of a deal. i'm very much a newbie in the interal arts and i can feel attacks coming when my mind is as clear as i'm able to get it at my level and when i'm completely relaxed.

i can't do it all the time, but it's not uncommon either.

where's my beer?

ElPietro
10-22-2001, 10:19 PM
Yes I have read and heard from many different sources that you can sense someone coming from directly behind you. If you are sneaking up on someone it's better to come slightly on an angle to your opponent as they will have a lesser chance to sense your presence. I've sort of tested this on people in everyday life and it seems to be true. Although without some form of science or other proof it's difficult to say definitely one way or the other.

honorisc
10-23-2001, 05:13 AM
be Aware ~

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.