Xian
12-01-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIc5t7PSLSc

Different angle of set.

Best regards,
Xian

5thBrother
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Very Interesting :) Almost thought it was Southern Praying mantis for a moment! :eek:

Golden Arms
12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Yep that is it. There is some fun stuff to work with in that set.

PM
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Some more info here:

“Night Tiger Emerges from the Forest” – A Rare Set of “Old Hung Kyun”

http://naamkyun.com/2012/05/night-tiger-emerges-from-the-forest-a-rare-set-of-old-hung-kyun/

HungKuenH
12-06-2012, 08:31 AM
The person in the clip is my Sigung; Leung Kam Kwong. This set was brought to hongkong by my dai-sigung Wong Lei who came from Guangdung..before learning the Lam Sai Wing hung kuen he learned this old style of hung kuen... theres a second set with almost the same patterns but different techniques called fierce tiger emerges from the forrest..however I saw my sigung playing both sets as one..

Great-grandmaster Wong Lei wouldnt teach this set to anyone who trained less than 7 years under him....by now this changed.

CLFNole
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Wasn't Wong Lei also the sifu of Sifu John Leung?

sanjuro_ronin
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
It is important to understand that every teacher leaves His mark on the Hung Kune that He passes on.
This is a sign of our strength, not a weakness.
Take pride in our variety.

HungKuenH
12-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Wasn't Wong Lei also the sifu of Sifu John Leung?
yes,thats correct!

HungKuenH
12-07-2012, 06:11 AM
It is important to understand that every teacher leaves His mark on the Hung Kune that He passes on.
This is a sign of our strength, not a weakness.
Take pride in our variety.

yes I agree!

Golden Arms
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Wasn't Wong Lei also the sifu of Sifu John Leung?Yes, that is correct.

Orion Paximus
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I went to visit Sifu Leung's school last year. He wouldn't let me watch after I told him I already did Kung Fu lol. But hey his store downstairs was cool I guess.

LaterthanNever
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Does that mean that Master Leong technically teaches "old" or "village" Hung within his curriculum? Is that the emphasis?

Golden Arms
12-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Does that mean that Master Leong technically teaches "old" or "village" Hung within his curriculum? Is that the emphasis?

I would not say that old Hung is his emphasis. He does teach a couple of sets that are not commonly taught outside of his school however. Joy Gar Kuen and Fan Gam Kuen, as well as a halberd set, Mui Fa Tiu.

SteveLau
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
First of all, I frankly have not watched this set before. It has good techniques, and it was well demonstrated. There are considerable amount of grabbling, punches, joint lock, push, etc. in the set. And most of the techniques are short bridge. That tells it is old Hung Kuen. Salute to sifu Leung Kam Kwong. He has good skill IMHO, especially for a person of his age ( 60+ years old ).

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

HungKuenH
12-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Leung Kam Kwong is now 74...in the video he was 71! (the event was 2009)

LaterthanNever
12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
"Joy Gar Kuen"

GoldenArms,

What does this translate into if I may ask?

--------- family fist?

"Fun Gum Kuen"

Divide Gold Fist?

I know there is the move in Gung Ji Fook Fu kuen known as "divide gold hammers" or something like that. I wonder if a form was constructed from that concept.

CLFNole
12-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Could it be Joy as in "drunken"? Drunkard Clan Fist

Golden Arms
12-12-2012, 09:44 AM
"Joy Gar Kuen"

GoldenArms,

--------- family fist?

"Fun Gum Kuen"

Divide Gold Fist?

I know there is the move in Gung Ji Fook Fu kuen known as "divide gold hammers" or something like that. I wonder if a form was constructed from that concept.
Divide gold fist and Joy family fist are what I know them as. The movement in Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kuen is in the middle of the Dividing gold fist set.

SteveLau
12-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Leung Kam Kwong is now 74...in the video he was 71! (the event was 2009)

If I am at his age and still healthy, then I would be content.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

once ronin
12-18-2012, 12:09 AM
"Joy Gar Kuen"

GoldenArms,

--------- family fist?

"Fun Gum Kuen"

Divide Gold Fist?

Good question, does anyone know the going on inside the body while doings the night tiger?

This should helps explain the inside for "Divide the Gold Fist"