PDA

View Full Version : advice

Lung Hu Pai
10-24-2001, 02:16 AM
hey guys,
whats going on. I just have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me out with.
1)Do dips with your chin tucked in to your chest work the tricep muscles as well?
2)What are the muscles that get utilized in a punch and what are some exercises that can increase punching power?
3)This is a workout that I have come up with. My main goal is to gain strength and a little size. All of these will have two warm up sets beforehand.
Day 1
Weighted dips 3x8
Squats 2x8

Day 2
Wide grip pullups 3 sets to failure
deadlifts 2x8

I will throw in ab and grip work on both these days. I also train in kung fu 6 days a week. I would like to keep my workout as simple and efficient as possible. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks again, Azar.

Cyborg
10-24-2001, 02:31 AM
There are others far more qualified than I to say whether that's a good routine or not, just want to remind you to work the abs and back as well. The triceps, shoulders and pecs are the biggest factors in punching for WC kung fu and others that don't utilize the torque of the hips.

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee

Kumkuat
10-24-2001, 03:03 AM
a forward lean in a dip works chest more than tris. A more upright, vertical body works the tris more than chest.

tricep, midsection, shoulder, chest, quads, maybe even calves. Other muscles probably factor in as well. Power clean and presses.

lower volumn and increase intensity. Do 2 sets of 5 and never go to failure. Work out 4-5 times a week, and rest the remaining days.